Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Culver City, CA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having audio problems with a PS3 connected to a Denon 4306 receiver, via HDMI:
For the most part, there is no sound played through the Denon, but there are some exceptions:
1) The "orchestra tuning" startup sound plays. After that, none of the other sounds from the dashboard are played.
2) The PlayStation signature sound plays when a game is launched (ie. when the screen says "PlayStation 3").
3) I launched the F1 Championship demo, and the commentator's voice is played, but no other sounds!
4) Super Rub-a-Dub demo has sound.
None of the movie trailers I have tried play audio. I have not tried all games or demos yet, but most of the ones I have tested have no sound.
The display panel on the 4306 says "Multichannel input" (or something like that) and displays the 7.1 speaker lights.
What I have tried:
1) Upgraded the firmware on 4306. PS3 is at 1.94.
2) Connected by optical spdif. This did not help at all.
3) Reset the PS3 (holding powerup button for six seconds, and going through the automatic setup menus).
The PS3 does play all audio when connected directly to the TV with HDMI.
Another piece of data (but it may be completely unrelated): I have a Samsung T151 receiver for OTA broadcast TV. It sends Dolby Digital over optical. On some Los Angeles channels, commercials often have no sound. This may be related to the PS3 glitch, or it may just be a problem with the broadcasters.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, an AVS Forum tradition.