Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 235 Old 02-23-2007, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xombi View Post

Now you have to clean someone's ear wax and spit off of it!

used bluetooth?? no thx!

I am sorry to confuse you to potentially gross you out. I don't buy used bluetooth. I only buy used dental floss

Seriously, we're talking about a compatible USB tipped charger cable for Jabra BT125 and BT135. Amazon has them for $16, and I found one on eBay for 99cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 235 Old 02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xombi View Post

Now you have to clean someone's ear wax and spit off of it!

used bluetooth?? no thx!

no, no he's talking about the usb charging cable for the headset...

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #93 of 235 Old 02-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

I just paired my headset with my cellphone, and there was zero static when I made a call. I guess there's just static in the volume level setting area for some reason.
post #94 of 235 Old 02-24-2007, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Motorola H3.

Very functional.

Volume doesn't go very high, but I can usually still make out what people are saying. People say they can make me out very clearly. For some reason, though, my signal gets bad after about 30 minutes. And I'll have to turn it off, then on again, and this seems to fix it. Maybe it goes into a standby mode after a certain amount of time. But having said that, I also often find that other people's headsets go out, lose their battery (or whatever) and I sometimes think it's me. So it's possible that I'm creating a problem when there really isn't one! (Something I'm pretty good at!)

Does anyone know if these things have memory batteries? Meaning, should I run it right down to nothing before I put it on the charger? Send me a PM, if you can...I'll lose track of this post in a day or two, I'm sure.
post #95 of 235 Old 02-26-2007, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

I have the BT350. Now I want either the BT125 or 135, for BT 2.0. Which one do you guys recommend?
post #96 of 235 Old 02-26-2007, 10:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protopet View Post

I have the BT350. Now I want either the BT125 or 135, for BT 2.0. Which one do you guys recommend?

they both appear to have identical specs. the 135 has customizable colored strips to change the appearance of your headset. get that one and make a fashion statement...

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #97 of 235 Old 02-27-2007, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Does the bt135 have noise cancellation?

PSN: UndeadREDD

My Racing Seat

post #98 of 235 Old 02-27-2007, 06:21 AM

No noise cancellation, at least for the BT125. But if you look at the reviews of this item, just about everyone raves at the excellent sound quality. I tend to agree. This is probably the best value for $25.00.

It doesn't have any blings, but I am using this for dedicated PS3 headset, no problems so far.
post #99 of 235 Old 02-27-2007, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

yeah the 135 doesn't have noise cancellation either. but like he said, sound quality is outstanding as is...

---Mr. Met---

post #100 of 235 Old 02-27-2007, 11:51 AM

Liked: 11
I use a bt125 as well. It works flawlessly.
post #101 of 235 Old 02-27-2007, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks guys.
I'll probably just get the 125, as many people have reported on how good it is.
post #102 of 235 Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Motorola H350: standard usb connection charger, excellent clarity, easy for PS3 to pair with and no re-pairing needed, good comfort (I didn't even know it was on my head). Great purchase.

EDIT: After the 1.6 update it turned out to be the worst purchase ever. I highly advocate staying away from this headset. I'm sorry if this post aided in people buying the H350 only to later find out it was a complete and utter disaster. Go with Plantronics or Jabra over motorola if you have the chance.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
post #103 of 235 Old 03-16-2007, 08:53 PM

i have the Jabra BT135...it works fine for madden 07 but when i try to use it for nba 07 or call of duty 3 it doesn't work...any suggestions?
post #104 of 235 Old 03-23-2007, 07:08 PM

So can it be confirmed that the plantronics voyager 510 works with the ps3? I'm thinking of getting one and it was highly rated on amazon, but wanted to see if it could be confirmed that it did work well for the ps3.

XBL- Lt Swallows916 (soon to be something else)
PSN- Achilles916
post #105 of 235 Old 03-25-2007, 07:12 AM

I need to use a headphone while playing PS3 so I don't disturb my wife. I bought a Jabra 620S and realised I can only use it for chat, but not to replace the sound from the TV. Am I wrong ? Is there any solution to listen the PS3 directly through the BT headphones ????
post #106 of 235 Old 03-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Hey guys, hope i'm not hijacking this thread too much...

PS3 recognised my Nokia BH-801 instantly and was able to chat to my best mate in UK via the chat room ...

However, i've noticed that there is a huge lag (2-3 seconds) between when I talk and when he receives the audio... Also I can hear my "echo" (as there is a 2-3 second lag). He is using a Jabra BT330.

See the funny thing is, there's absolutely no lag when he's speaking to me - I can tell as his response comes instantly after I hear my "echo" finish speaking. Anybody else stumble across this problem and/or have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lee

PSN ID: MwuLaFlaga (Warhawk)
PSN ID: FreedomKira (Resistance)
post #107 of 235 Old 03-25-2007, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my armed redoubt deep in the mountains of northern Ohio
Liked: 12
I have used approx 7 different bluetooth headsets with my cell phone and they all have nasty echo. No one would talk to me with them...I ended up returning them all.

42" in the dining room.
50" in the bedroom
80" in the living room

65" in the family room
106" in the family room

"There is another system"

Video Modes: SDTV-EDTV-XGA-HDTV-3D
All HD Modes: Blu Ray, HD DVD, DVHS

post #108 of 235 Old 04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 167
I'm wanting to get a BT headset. I currently have no cell phone that uses one, so this would pretty much be used for the PS3. I'm looking at the JabraBT250v which looks like has good reviews. What other should I consider? I also wear glasses so if anyone has one and wears glasses what do you use?

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #109 of 235 Old 05-01-2007, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan9 View Post

So can it be confirmed that the plantronics voyager 510 works with the ps3? I'm thinking of getting one and it was highly rated on amazon, but wanted to see if it could be confirmed that it did work well for the ps3.

Yep, the plantronics voyager 510 has been confirmed, I've been using it for several months now and have no problems...no need to re-pair...also it can sync to 2 different devises without having to re-pair to either. headset is very light, sound is great, the only compalint i have is the mute button its small and tough to find while playing. other than that...great product.

ÂI wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.Â

PSN - N8TE
post #110 of 235 Old 05-01-2007, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8TE View Post

Yep, the plantronics voyager 510 has been confirmed, I've been using it for several months now and have no problems...no need to re-pair...also it can sync to 2 different devises without having to re-pair to either. headset is very light, sound is great, the only compalint i have is the mute button its small and tough to find while playing. other than that...great product.

Sounds pretty good. I just ordered mine earlier today. If I ever get a BT phone I guess I'll be good with this headset then. From the pictures it didn't look like it was to uncomfortable to wear.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #111 of 235 Old 05-11-2007, 08:32 PM

Any having problems with the Bluespoon AX2. I just got it and I can hear but I can't talk on R: FOM. Anyone have a clue?

Xbl: Main Dammie
PSN: Dreen
post #112 of 235 Old 05-11-2007, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

Motorola H350: standard usb connection charger, excellent clarity, easy for PS3 to pair with and no re-pairing needed, good comfort (I didn't even know it was on my head). Great purchase.

As it now turns out - horrible purchase. Sony changed something in a firmware update that killed the usage of this headset. Do Not Buy!

Now on to my new headset!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

[the 510] Sounds pretty good. I just ordered mine earlier today. If I ever get a BT phone I guess I'll be good with this headset then. From the pictures it didn't look like it was to uncomfortable to wear.

The 510 is one sweet headset. Very easy to pair with the PS3 and is very comfortable. There are three ear bud to choose from and it fits very well. I concur that the only complaint is the placement and size of the power button. I'm getting used to it. I synchs very well with resistance/motorstorm. I'm very happy with this headset.

post #113 of 235 Old 05-11-2007, 11:21 PM

My Motorola 350 wasn't working right after the 1.60 update, it won't even let me register it again when I scan for it.
post #114 of 235 Old 05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucius View Post

My Motorola 350 wasn't working right after the 1.60 update, it won't even let me register it again when I scan for it.

Count that as a blessing. Do a search for H350 and you will find all of my complaints. Trust me you don't want it to pair. Time for a new headset my friend, unless you want to wait for a Sony fix. I have just received a Sony coffin to send my PS3 back in but now I'm waiting for a new problem - because since I switched to the 510 it's like I've got a new PS3.

post #115 of 235 Old 05-12-2007, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdoctor View Post

As it now turns out - horrible purchase. Sony changed something in a firmware update that killed the usage of this headset. Do Not Buy!

Now on to my new headset!

The 510 is one sweet headset. Very easy to pair with the PS3 and is very comfortable. There are three ear bud to choose from and it fits very well. I concur that the only complaint is the placement and size of the power button. I'm getting used to it. I synchs very well with resistance/motorstorm. I'm very happy with this headset.

I haven't really tried the 510 out yet. I did get it yesterday and did wear it for a bit. It feels pretty good in the ear. I was able to get it to pair up with the PS3 with no problem. I did play Rampart with it, but didn't talk to anyone. I'm assuming when I am talking to someone I will hear the game through my surround sound and the person through the headset? When I was playing Rampart and had the headset on I could hear the game through the headphone which I thought was strange.

Is the PS network also going to set it up that we can send voice messages to friends?

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #116 of 235 Old 05-12-2007, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

I'm assuming when I am talking to someone I will hear the game through my surround sound and the person through the headset? When I was playing Rampart and had the headset on I could hear the game through the headphone which I thought was strange.

Is the PS network also going to set it up that we can send voice messages to friends?

Yes the games should be via the speakers and the voice chat over the headset. Make sure you have the PS3 set up in the BT audio section for the headset to play audio correctly. Then I would also check the games audio output options too.

I haven't heard of Rampart (PS2 Game?). If it is a PS2 game to get headset working correctly you will need a USB headset - at least that is what I have read.

The PS network is not designed for voice messages yet - but you can set up a voice (BT headset) and video (if you have it) chat to a friend right off the XMB.

post #117 of 235 Old 05-12-2007, 08:59 AM

Any one use the Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth? I was thinking of using this because the ear hooks hurt my ear.

Xbl: Main Dammie
PSN: Dreen
post #118 of 235 Old 05-12-2007, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreen View Post

Any one use the Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth? I was thinking of using this because the ear hooks hurt my ear.

From what I read on these other sites it sounds like it should work.

Official Playstation Boards BT Headset List

PS3Forums BT Headset List

post #119 of 235 Old 05-12-2007, 08:34 PM

I am also using the Plantronics 510. Works perfectly with the PS3 and an all around great headset IMO.
post #120 of 235 Old 05-14-2007, 07:40 AM

I have a quick question for you 510 users who have it paired to the PS3 and your phone...

Do you have to take your cellphone out of BT mode when you use the PS3? I set mine up over the weekend and I was having some issues trying to get this to work. (it didn't help that there was no user guide that went over the multi-pairing functions on Plantronics' website) It seemed like I had to re-pair it with the PS3 each time I used the headset with my cell, which isn't right according to other users who have it.

Overall, it's a great mic. The only thing that I would change is the mute set-up. It's hard to tell when it's muted - it'll beep in your ear every 30 seconds to let you know it's on mute - I think every 15 seconds would have been better. I guess I'm just used to the Xbox's mic having the switch right in front of you lol.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page