How to factory reset my PS3 - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 02-19-2009, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3suxor76 View Post

I'm having the same problem as Dingaling2004. I have a 40GB PS3. I downloaded the 2.41 update last night, and ever since then it has stopped working - I read somewhere else tonight that this is likely due to the download jumping from around 50% to complete all of the sudden which means the download somehow got F-ed and won't work right. I popped out the HD, connected it to my PC and did a full reformat of the drive in fat32 and popped it back into the PS3. And here I am back at square 1 - I'm stuck at that screen where the PS3 tells me to connect a controller to it with the USB cable, but when I do I get absolutely no response. I can still start up the PS3 with the controller, but then the controller goes dead and I can't do anything else from there. I've tried hitting the re-sync button on the back of the controller. I've tried hard-rebooting the PS3. I've tried pretty much everything I can think about or have read, and still no luck. At this point it is more just a matter of pride than anything else. I don't want to send it back to Sony because it will take forever and I'm a relatively smart person and hope that we can figure this out. Please help me if you have any additional insight into this.

Thanks!

i have also the 40GB PS3 and it worked fine but one day i was playing
grand theft auto 4 and it just froze so i turned it off and than back on
but now it doesn't detect the game or any other game or movie it
just stays in the ps3 menu, other than that it works good.
any ideas what i can do to fix it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 07-31-2009, 10:33 PM

I am having a similar problem with my 40gb PS3. I use my PS3 in my theatre room and it is hooked up to an amp and digital projector. The PS3 has worked flawlessly for months then last night mid way through a DVD the audio and video cut out and come back straight away, this flickering occurs every 3 secs. It is definitely the playstation as I have ruled out an problems with the amp and projector by hooking up different hardware to them all. It is not related to the DVD I was playing as I have tried numerous DVD, Games and also while the PS3 is empty and just on the main menu screen

Its also not a distruption to the power supply other wise the playstation would keep going back to the main menu screen rather then continuing the movie or game with continuous breaks in the video and audio.

Can anyone help???
post #33 of 38 Old 08-20-2009, 04:55 PM

I had the same issue: PS3 was plugged in to my T.V. via HDMI, then moved to another room and into a projector via component. I tried the reset, it didn't work. Then I tried it without the A/V cord plugged in and it worked perfect. So 1. power down 2. unplug a/v/ cable from back of PS3 3. power on and hold power until second beep 4. plug A/V cord back in. Done.
post #34 of 38 Old 05-26-2010, 01:09 PM

My problem is my own making so its very embaressing saying this, My USB ports stopped working when I decided to open my good fully working PS3 in the hope I could extend its life if I cleaned out the dust that collect inside making it very load (could get mistaken for a XBox 360!!) I did this know it was still under warranty, I did not send it away for repair as I felt they may replace it with that dreadful thing they call PS3 Slim!!!, Any way I was going to leave it as they was as I could always get a Nas drive and access my precious media thru the ethernet connection, but for some reason I listen to the devil inside me and went againt wisdom and done a System Settings Restore, which resulted in The Sony Welcome Logo being displayed, it then (dont laugh here) it asked me to connect the PS3 controller using the USB lead and press the PS button (it would have been okay if the USB posts were now reset and fixed as mentioned in another post) but my luck as usual this did not happen as USB still did not work, my PS3 is now a brick, it will now always flash that annoying message asking for the PS3 controller be connected via USB cable to USB which are not working!!!!! i can hear the song, if I wish I can turn back time..I would...but I sure cant....so sad I like the orignal PS3 now im gona end with a Xbox360 because I dont think i can get into bed with a PS3 slim!!!!!! thanks for the post but I am still looking for a the mirracle cure for my problem!!!!
post #35 of 38 Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 AM

hi this is vinoth from Chennai, India. My brother bought PS3 slim 320GB 6 months from singapore and gave it to me, Now my PS3 slim video not loading and not gets switch off!!! Please help me to find a solution for this.. Thanks in advance!!!!
post #36 of 38 Old 07-11-2012, 01:23 AM

The reason to this issue is that when you use your ps3 on a differnt ps3. your ps3 addapts to that tv. And forr that being it is trying to run the system for that tv not the current one your using. and all you need to do is reset it if you have any other concerns or issues please contact me a Wells.colten@yahoo.com i will answer any further questions there for the folling. Xbox , ps3 psp ps2 playstation , and wii.
post #37 of 38 Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 AM

My ps3 says the appropriate system file storage isnt found...... is there maybe a way i can just do a master reset keep in mind it wont turn on it just stay at the black screen saying appropriate system file storage isnt found mad.gifmad.gif
post #38 of 38 Old 01-22-2014, 05:54 PM

I can get it on my tv but it won't let games play are movies
Reply PlayStation Area

Tags
Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread - 160gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page