NBA 2K7 Impressions....is REALLY GOOD!!! - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 44 Old 12-28-2006, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks for the info. Yeah, i was playing in off-line 2 player mode last night so that was probably it. That and shooting free-throws with the sixaxis controller is a pretty damn cool feature, i must say. I'll just have to tell my lady to hold the the controller still to keep me from puking....

btw. haven't quite figured out how to dunk yet, either. R2+square? So far all I've been able to do is put up crazy *ss layups w/ Yao Ming and T-mac...

PSN ID: SCjohnny21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 12-28-2006, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_john View Post

btw. haven't quite figured out how to dunk yet, either. R2+square? So far all I've been able to do is put up crazy *ss layups w/ Yao Ming and T-mac...

You are on the right track. Use the practice mode to perfect dunking.
post #33 of 44 Old 12-29-2006, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I have no idea how the sixaxis works in free throws. I have yet to sink one in an hour of casual playing. When are you supposed to pull back, and when do you 'throw' and how is it kept centered? Is there a practice mode?
post #34 of 44 Old 12-29-2006, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

^^yea there is a practice mode, where you can practice free throws or standard, but i did free throws and i was 4 of out 45...but imma continue practicing.

PSN Name: YungImpression
post #35 of 44 Old 12-29-2006, 07:08 PM

NBA Jam on the SNES was loads of fun...series kinda went downhill IMHO after that.
post #36 of 44 Old 01-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

The kid just picked it up today; very cool game... thanks for the comments on it.

post #37 of 44 Old 01-03-2007, 08:12 AM

I love this game. Free-throws take a while to get used to. I've managed a dunk or two, but overall it is great fun. The AI is definately improved over the PS2 version from last season.
post #38 of 44 Old 01-05-2007, 11:12 AM

I have the NBA 07 game and I agree it is not that great gameplay(actually bad), but there is no way someone can say it looks crap...I have it on 1080p 65inch TV and it looks damn good.....does NBA K7 look better and runs in 1080p....really ???? sounds like i shud get rid of the 07 and pick up 2k7 ???

just surprised anyone can say 07 looks bad.....
post #39 of 44 Old 01-05-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdull6 View Post

I have the NBA 07 game and I agree it is not that great gameplay(actually bad), but there is no way someone can say it looks crap...I have it on 1080p 65inch TV and it looks damn good.....does NBA K7 look better and runs in 1080p....really ???? sounds like i shud get rid of the 07 and pick up 2k7 ???

I agree about the NBA 07 graphics being pretty darn good...it's just that the gameplay SUCKS. No Defense whatsoever...pure offensive explosion. NBA 2k7 is a lot more realistic in that no shot is really an easy shot and dunking is NOT a given.

As a side note, the only 2k7 downside for me so far is the 720P/1080P resolution bug. In order for the PS3 to output 1080P, I have to uncheck all other resolutions. If not, the default output resolution when playing 2k7 is 720P (even if your display is 1080P capable).

Anyone know if there is a fix for this?

PSN ID: SCjohnny21
post #40 of 44 Old 01-06-2007, 05:32 PM

I have to disable the 720p output in the PS3 in order to display 1080p for 2K7 but when I play Madden 07, whose highest resolution is 720p, I have to enable the PS3's 720p output again, then disable it again next time if I play 2k7. What a pain in the a$$.
post #41 of 44 Old 01-07-2007, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdull6 View Post

I personally think NBA 07 looks absolutely horrible. Why do I think it looks horrible?

1. Player models - The player models just look really goofy to me. The players appear like they are made out of wax or hot fudge or something. Now, I will admit that some of NBA 2K7's players look like zombies straight out of Dead Rising, but all in all, I would take NBA 2K7's player models 6 days of the week and twice on Sundays. Some of the player models on NBA 2K7 look absolutely amazing, and only a very small number look like the undead. NBA 07 just looks like you playing with guys straight out of Madame Tussauds House of Wax. The game could be in 1080p, but you're still playing with guys from the House of Wax in 1080p.

And then there is the gameplay..... Don't even get me started on that. It boggles my mind that anybody can play NBA 07 for more than 5 minutes and enjoy it.
post #42 of 44 Old 01-07-2007, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

I personally think NBA 07 looks absolutely horrible. Why do I think it looks horrible?

1. Player models - The player models just look really goofy to me. The players appear like they are made out of wax or hot fudge or something. Now, I will admit that some of NBA 2K7's players look like zombies straight out of Dead Rising, but all in all, I would take NBA 2K7's player models 6 days of the week and twice on Sundays. Some of the player models on NBA 2K7 look absolutely amazing, and only a very small number look like the undead. NBA 07 just looks like you playing with guys straight out of Madame Tussauds House of Wax. The game could be in 1080p, but you're still playing with guys from the House of Wax in 1080p.

And then there is the gameplay..... Don't even get me started on that. It boggles my mind that anybody can play NBA 07 for more than 5 minutes and enjoy it.

I agree 100%
post #43 of 44 Old 01-07-2007, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Are you talking about the Super Nintendo version of NBA Live '95? I loved that game! It was an awesome game in late 1994 when it released. I've played just about every basketball game since the days of the Atari 2600, and the original "Basketball", when you had two dudes running back and forth dribbling and shooting. Here are some of the more noteworthy Basketball games in the History of Basketball games, IMHO:

1. Basketball - Atari 2600 - The first bball game I've played on a video game system. Jurassic by today's standards, but me and my brother played the crap out of this back in the day.

2. Double Dribble - Nintendo NES - Double Dribble was a dream come true when it first hit the NES. Five on Five, 3 pointers, the whole deal.

3. Lakers Vs Celtics - Sega Genesis - Looking back, this game is actually pretty crappy, but when it first hit the stores for the Genesis, there was nothing like it.

4. Tecmo Super NBA - Super Nintendo - This was very arcadey, but it was one of the first Super Nintendo bball games, and pretty damn good for the time

5. NCAA Baskeball - Super Nintendo - This was one of the very first attempts at a 3-D basketball game. Light years ahead of it's time.

6. NBA Live '95 - Super Nintendo - I truly believe that this is still one of the best hoops games ever made. It was like they took the NBA and shrunk it onto a little cartridge. Great music, great graphics, great playability.

7. Slam N Jam - 3DO - This game was very arcadey, and not realistic at all, but the players were so HUGE, and the game was so next-gen for it's time

8. NBA Live '96 - Playstation - This is the only NBA Live game on Playstation that doesn't use polygons. This was the first NBA Live on Playstation. They took the basic game of NBA Live 95, but put the game on a 3D court, with 3D arenas and camera angles, and great music and sound effects. One of the most underapreciated hoops games of all time.

9. NBA2K - Dreamcast - When the first NBA2K hit for the Dreamcast, it was a true revolution in hoops. Still looks and plays great, even today.

10. NBA Inside Drive - Xbox - This game doesn't get alot of love, but I think it had pretty good playability, and was one of the first hoop games on Xbox.

11. NBA 2K3 - Xbox - Here comes Visual Concepts again with another stunner!

12. NBA 2K6 - Xbox 360 - Last years launch game for the 360 was an amazing game, I don't care what anybody says. Sure it was kinda rough around the edges, but if you played it in High Def on a big HDTV, it was absolutely amazing.

13. NBA 2K7 - Xbox 360 - Currently the pinnacle of Basketball video games!

You forgot a great one (although it was kind of a cpu game)

One on One: Larry Bird vs. Dr. J.
post #44 of 44 Old 01-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Wow. This goes waaay back. I've pretty much played them all as well.

One of my favorite ones has to be Lakers vs. Celtics featuring jordan's cheesy double pump move. Chambers also had a nasty double pump dunk from far.

I finally picked up NBA 2k7 a few days ago. The dunking part is not difficult at all. You need to hold down the "Agressive" button which is R2 and then either use the Right analog stick or press the "square" button. YOu need to be somewhere around the basket although some of the superstars begin their move further out from the rim.

Let me know if anyone's down to play online. My user id is jvs666.

PSN ID: JVS666
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page