Originally Posted by Anthony1
Are you talking about the Super Nintendo version of NBA Live '95? I loved that game! It was an awesome game in late 1994 when it released. I've played just about every basketball game since the days of the Atari 2600, and the original "Basketball", when you had two dudes running back and forth dribbling and shooting. Here are some of the more noteworthy Basketball games in the History of Basketball games, IMHO:
1. Basketball - Atari 2600 - The first bball game I've played on a video game system. Jurassic by today's standards, but me and my brother played the crap out of this back in the day.
2. Double Dribble - Nintendo NES - Double Dribble was a dream come true when it first hit the NES. Five on Five, 3 pointers, the whole deal.
3. Lakers Vs Celtics - Sega Genesis - Looking back, this game is actually pretty crappy, but when it first hit the stores for the Genesis, there was nothing like it.
4. Tecmo Super NBA - Super Nintendo - This was very arcadey, but it was one of the first Super Nintendo bball games, and pretty damn good for the time
5. NCAA Baskeball - Super Nintendo - This was one of the very first attempts at a 3-D basketball game. Light years ahead of it's time.
6. NBA Live '95 - Super Nintendo - I truly believe that this is still one of the best hoops games ever made. It was like they took the NBA and shrunk it onto a little cartridge. Great music, great graphics, great playability.
7. Slam N Jam - 3DO - This game was very arcadey, and not realistic at all, but the players were so HUGE, and the game was so next-gen for it's time
8. NBA Live '96 - Playstation - This is the only NBA Live game on Playstation that doesn't use polygons. This was the first NBA Live on Playstation. They took the basic game of NBA Live 95, but put the game on a 3D court, with 3D arenas and camera angles, and great music and sound effects. One of the most underapreciated hoops games of all time.
9. NBA2K - Dreamcast - When the first NBA2K hit for the Dreamcast, it was a true revolution in hoops. Still looks and plays great, even today.
10. NBA Inside Drive - Xbox - This game doesn't get alot of love, but I think it had pretty good playability, and was one of the first hoop games on Xbox.
11. NBA 2K3 - Xbox - Here comes Visual Concepts again with another stunner!
12. NBA 2K6 - Xbox 360 - Last years launch game for the 360 was an amazing game, I don't care what anybody says. Sure it was kinda rough around the edges, but if you played it in High Def on a big HDTV, it was absolutely amazing.
13. NBA 2K7 - Xbox 360 - Currently the pinnacle of Basketball video games!