PS3 is only using front speakers and subwoofer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-01-2007, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have my PS3 connected to a Pioneer VSX-84TSXSi with composite cables (HDMI cables come in on thursday), and the receiver is connected to a front projector with an HDMI cable. I have a 7.1 surround sound home theater, but with the PS3 only the front speakers and subwoofer are playing.

I tried it with CDs, regular movies, games, and even a blu-ray movie and it still doesn't work. The only setting I saw in audio setup was something to change the connection cables.

Just to make sure it was the PS3 and not the receiver, I plugged in my laptop to the receiver and it worked just fine.

I have a friend over who is leaving on wednesday, and I'd really like to get the surround sound to work before then. What else can I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Are you using the Optical connection for audio ? Be sure to go into the Audio Settings on the PS3 and check the Optical settings for DD and DTS .

If you are using the analog left and right audio cables then you cannot get surround unless you use PLIIx on the receiver (and this will only be a simulated surround) .

---- Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 01-02-2007, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am using the composite cables that came with the ps3. I changed the setting to games on the receiver and it works now.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page