Not using Official Sony Components? Your warrantee is voided! - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #151 of 162 Old 01-19-2007, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFistsClenchedX View Post

No, I didn't. Read my first posts. Where was the bashing there? What little negative I did say of Sony were all facts. Sony IS known for poor customer service. Sony HAS lied on multiple occasions and still lies about certain things. Sony DID set up a fake blog to try and promote the PS3. Then along comes ppshooky and bashes Microsoft and their 360. I merely defended them. If my whole goal was to come to this forum and bash Sony, I would have been active in more than 2 threads. The other thread I posted on was the 1080p thread and all I said was that 1080p is barely sharper than 1080i.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post9505781

I merely pointed out your incorrect statements by providing evidence that the system or MS is as flawless as you think it is. You attack Sony, yet think MS is a saint?

Quote:

Wow!!! REAL 360 owners. Boy, all this time I've spent at TeamXBOX.com and their 143,000+ member messageboards and they aren't even REAL 360 owners. Damn, 152 people in the survey had problems? It's a real epidemic. 432 people polled?.. That's almost SCIENTIFIC.

Apparently, you've never conducted any type of survey before. One does not need to interview the entire population. A small percentage will do.

Quote:

Wrong. Most people don't see the harm in setting up their console on the carpet permanently, moving the system while it's running a disc, or setting it next to or sitting on a subwoofer. Anyone that has worked customer service knows that consumers are not that smart.

Perhaps I give customers too much credit when handling their consoles. However, if the customers took the time to read their manual, they would have read the proper way to install their console. It is not Sony's responsibility to fix something for free when something broke because of the customer's mistreatment of their console. That's the same policy any other company uses.

Quote:

I think you mean DVDs, not CDs. Do I think this is suspicious? No. The first I heard of this problem was in this thread and I've been on xbox messageboards for 6 years.

I mean both. The construction is similar and the jewel cases for either hold the discs in a similar manner. And, just because you didn't read it, doesn't mean that the problems weren't happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 162 Old 01-19-2007, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017 View Post

This makes no sense to me. You are aloud to use any off the shelf hard drive in the PS3 but not any 3rd party cables? Just makes no sense.

The "off the shelf" HDD uses a SATA connection, which is an industry standard, the cables have to be built to those specifications. If something goes wrong with the HDD, do you call Sony? Or do you call the manufacturer of your HDD?

The A/V cable for the PS1/2/3 is proprietary. If a 3rd party company makes the cable and it is not to Sony's specification, how is it under Sony's control if it damages your PS1/2/3?
post #153 of 162 Old 01-19-2007, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Thanks ppshooky but, I'm fully aware of SATA connections and how they are used. That doesn't change my opinion. The cable was not determined to be the problem or cause of the problem, Sony just refuesed to fix the PS3 because he used a non-Sony brand cable. The console could have failed because of poor workmanship on the part of Sony but, because he plugged a 3rd party cable into the console once Sony will not own up to the real problem (whatever that is). The warranties should only be voided if it is determined that the 3rd party device was the cause of the damage.

I still think it is stupid that you could buy some cheap, poorly made HDD that short circuits and fries the PS3's motherboard and Sony will still repair it but; plug in a 3rd party cable, the console craps out from something completely unrelated to that cable and they refuse to repair it. Hey, if it is the cables fault then I understand but, if it is not then this is pure crap by Sony (not just Sony too, all the console makers do the same thing).

PSN ID: RollTide1017
post #154 of 162 Old 01-19-2007, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppshooky View Post

I merely pointed out your incorrect statements by providing evidence that the system or MS is as flawless as you think it is. You attack Sony, yet think MS is a saint?

I never said that. I have admitted the console has its issues, but MS customer service is MUCH better than Sonys. That's a fact.

Quote:

Apparently, you've never conducted any type of survey before. One does not need to interview the entire population. A small percentage will do.

No, not all but you have to have enough participants to get a quality survey. Go up to any scientist or anyone involved in demographics and tell them that your survey of 432 people accurately represents 10 million people.

Quote:

Perhaps I give customers too much credit when handling their consoles. However, if the customers took the time to read their manual, they would have read the proper way to install their console. It is not Sony's responsibility to fix something for free when something broke because of the customer's mistreatment of their console. That's the same policy any other company uses.

Yes you do give customers too much credit. All those warnings of things not to do on all consumer products are there because some idiot did exactly that and was hurt. I agree that Sony shouldn't fix something that was broken outside of a quality or workmanship issue, however it is their job to determine whether it was a workmanship issue or a customer negligence issue. That's the way any business is.

Quote:

I mean both. The construction is similar and the jewel cases for either hold the discs in a similar manner. And, just because you didn't read it, doesn't mean that the problems weren't happening.

No, but it does mean that the problem is happening in extremely low numbers. If it wasn't such a small amount of people, TeamXBOX or one of the messageboard users at TeamXBOX would have said something.
post #155 of 162 Old 01-20-2007, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I never said that. I have admitted the console has its issues, but MS customer service is MUCH better than Sonys. That's a fact.

You justify subjective statements with proclamations like "it's well known" and "that's a fact." Using your line of reasoning, I could make any subjective statement and support it with the phrase, "that's a fact." For example, PS3 is more powerful than Xbox 360. That's a fact. Would you agree with such a statement? You really need to provide some sort of evidence to support your points. Otherwise, you will come off as an irrational fanboy.
post #156 of 162 Old 01-20-2007, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

come on guys lets not make this turn into a pissing contest. stay on topic

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #157 of 162 Old 01-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD23 View Post

You justify subjective statements with proclamations like "it's well known" and "that's a fact." Using your line of reasoning, I could make any subjective statement and support it with the phrase, "that's a fact." For example, PS3 is more powerful than Xbox 360. That's a fact. Would you agree with such a statement? You really need to provide some sort of evidence to support your points. Otherwise, you will come off as an irrational fanboy.

No, that statement isn't a fact because many developers have stated that power wise they're quite even.

As far as evidence, well you can scroll through these customer complaints at My3Cents.com. Many mentioned bad customer service, bad repair centers, and not honoring warranties.

http://www.my3cents.com/search.cgi?c...Sony&usearch=X

Here is Consumer Affairs Sony section. Scroll down to the complaints list.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/home_...nics/sony.html
post #158 of 162 Old 01-20-2007, 04:27 PM

If you called Microsoft tech support and tried to make a warranty claim like the thread starter did on his ps3, and you said you were not using genuine Microsoft cables, they would deny that claim as well. This is not just a Sony problem, but a consistent problem among the manufactures.
This thread is ridiculous as it is just provoking flame wars between the x-bots and the ps3 loyalists. Lock it to put it out of its misery.
post #159 of 162 Old 01-20-2007, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Wow, there is more to be said here?

PSN: UndeadREDD

My Racing Seat

post #160 of 162 Old 01-20-2007, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post

This thread is ridiculous as it is just provoking flame wars between the x-bots and the ps3 loyalists. Lock it to put it out of its misery.

i would rather just ban the people starting trouble...

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #161 of 162 Old 01-20-2007, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post

If you called Microsoft tech support and tried to make a warranty claim like the thread starter did on his ps3, and you said you were not using genuine Microsoft cables, they would deny that claim as well.

And that would be clear grounds for a lawsuit.
post #162 of 162 Old 01-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Enough. We've just suspended a few members, don't make me suspend any more.

Closed

"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ash - Army of Darkness
Closed Thread PlayStation Area

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page