Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 518 Old 05-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyerox View Post

This is what the xbox 360 does. And this is also why the xbox 360 only supports a handful of titles. Personally, I would rather have MANY MANY more titles with the current system than only a few titles through emulation. Obviously you like the xbox style emulation better. To each his own.

Well seeing as how the hardware for backwards support for PS1 and PS2 games is "already" inside the PS3, they will always support many many games regardless of what they "add". There's no reason they cant start adding real emulation support title by title. Starting with the popular ones. And the games that dont get the benefits are still supported normally with the built in hardware in the meantime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 518 Old 05-26-2007, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

It maybe that the PS3 doesnt have the power to do a scaleup of the PS1/2 games like those of the emulator on a PC. They have problems emulating some games (in this emulator) because of speed.
post #513 of 518 Old 05-26-2007, 02:37 PM

Nah it's got more than enough power.
post #514 of 518 Old 05-26-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post

Well seeing as how the hardware for backwards support for PS1 and PS2 games is "already" inside the PS3, they will always support many many games regardless of what they "add". There's no reason they cant start adding real emulation support title by title. Starting with the popular ones. And the games that dont get the benefits are still supported normally with the built in hardware in the meantime.

I understand your point fully.

You want them to have the hardware BC we have now, and you ALSO want them to work on software emulation of games like the xbox 360. There is no problem with wanting these things, and if we had them I would be happy.

Personally, I would rather have someone working on upscaling and other issues at the moment than to work on redundant software emulation. Maybe in the future when other issues are solved someone might tackle this problem.

I own an xbox 360, and I'm not saying the box is the measuring stick for video game consoles, but the ps3 blows the xbox away as far as backwards compatibility.

I also recognize that you never mentioned the xbox. I did. Again, while I would love the emulation that your asking for, I think you might be asking for a littlie but too much at the moment. I also recognize that if no one asks, we surely won't get it.

Edit:and you do realize that the emulator you posted only has 125 playable games. The others are in all kinds of non-finishable states.

This is there definition for playable "You can get from 'new game' to 'end credits'. This is regardless of FPS, it simply means you could with a great deal of patience, complete the game! eg: Slow, but stable!"
post #515 of 518 Old 05-26-2007, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Who cares about emulation. Just give me Reon HQV-quality upscaling for PS1/2 games and I'll be happy forever.

...The problem I have with emulation is that what you get just isn't what was intended, even if certain parts do look better. The fact that the polygons look smooth and hi-res but the 2D portions look like bilinear-resampled disasters really bothers me, for instance.
post #516 of 518 Old 05-26-2007, 10:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I love SD upscale, retiring my XA2 and will get an Elite 360 insyead
post #517 of 518 Old 05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone noticed image cropping on the sides using the PS3 to upconvert? I have my TV set to Full Pixel mode (basically dot-by-dot) and see very thin black bars on the side of the screen with DVDs. Blu-Ray discs don't do this nor do DVDs upconverted from a Sony NS75H DVD player.
post #518 of 518 Old 05-29-2007, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSD View Post

Has anyone noticed image cropping on the sides using the PS3 to upconvert? I have my TV set to Full Pixel mode (basically dot-by-dot) and see very thin black bars on the side of the screen with DVDs. Blu-Ray discs don't do this nor do DVDs upconverted from a Sony NS75H DVD player.

Yup. Does the same for me on my Samsung 4665.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page