Fallout 3! - Page 37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 1085 Old 10-07-2011, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Sure you can! But I doubt that same resolve would be there.

But it's still fun to get it and play.

"Where's the Imp???" "SHUTUP!!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1085 Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post

Ahhh, Fallout 3. I love when old posts get revived. Played the crap out of this game when it first came out, had probably the most fun out of any game I've played in the past 10 years...then I sold it. I sell all my games. It's the only way I can afford to buy new ones.

Anyway, saw the 360 GOTY edition in the store last night for 30 bucks, and immediately my heart filled with warmth and nostalgia. Of all the games out and soon to be out, Fallout 3 is what my brain is telling me I need to play again. So my question is, can you go back? I want to start another character, do it all over again...then get to the 5 DLCs. (Which I didn't get to play the first time.) I mean, can you go back, mentally, and still have the willpower to go through everything again? Or is the natural tendency, regardless of how much you love a game, to peter out a second time? Short games, no problem. 60+ hour games, maybe a different story. I just want to know what you guys think before I delete all my original saves.

I'm starting out super stoked, but I fear burnout for all the parts of the game I'm forgetting were strenuous. Then I'll miss out on the DLC again, which would suck.

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow canucks.

A game like Fallout is just meant to be replayed. Especially when you can change up your basic approach to everything. I vaguely remember you attacking FNV as a heartless bastard and enjoying yourself. Maybe FO3 needs the same treatment?

------------------------------------
PSN: frankthetoad
post #1083 of 1085 Old 10-07-2011, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'm on my second play. My first playthrough I rushed in. I didn't like my character, how I distribuited my xp points,..ended up finishing the the mainquest only. How wrong was I.

On my 2nd play I'm maxed out (lvl 20),...now I'm overpowered,..nothing can kill me lol.
I just wonder around killing at will ghouls, mutants,..discovering areas.
I juts need to finish 2 sidequest and get the remaining bobbleheads.
So I can complete the mainquest. Exploring, wandering around,..that's how it should be played and glad I started all over.
post #1084 of 1085 Old 10-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDam77 View Post

I'm on my second play. My first playthrough I rushed in. I didn't like my character, how I distribuited my xp points,..ended up finishing the the mainquest only. How wrong was I.

On my 2nd play I'm maxed out (lvl 20),...now I'm overpowered,..nothing can kill me lol.
I just wonder around killing at will ghouls, mutants,..discovering areas.
I juts need to finish 2 sidequest and get the remaining bobbleheads.
So I can complete the mainquest. Exploring, wandering around,..that's how it should be played and glad I started all over.

I recommend the Broken Steel DLC. Raises the level cap to 30 and adds some more powerful enemies. I haven't had any issues either.

Cheers,

Jeff

SXRD/Denon/OPPO/HTPC/PS4/PS3/XB360/NHT/HSU
PSN ID: Krondorian
XBL ID: Midkemian
West Coast
Twitter: @Krondo_jd
post #1085 of 1085 Old 10-07-2011, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetoad View Post

A game like Fallout is just meant to be replayed. Especially when you can change up your basic approach to everything. I vaguely remember you attacking FNV as a heartless bastard and enjoying yourself. Maybe FO3 needs the same treatment?

Yup, you remembered right about how I played FNV...it's pretty cool that you remembered that...I even forgot! I killed everything and everyone I can across! Damn, that was pretty cool, now that I think about it.

I was more cautious in FO3. My first play through I remember checking this FO3 thread all the time so certain quests would play out "exactly right", or following wikki faqs, and the game became more about following exact steps than a true reaction to anything. That became tiring after a while...and self-defeating because the end goal never really was the point...which is why I became a death machine in FNV. And honestly, I much much much preferred flying by the seat of my pants that way. Although, I do feel like FO3 was so much better than FNV in many ways. I just hate the feeling of, "Oh, I'd better check a FAQ for this area, or the game is not gonna play out right for me." When in doubt just start shooting!

So yeah, I'm going back, and this time, I ain't going from a-z just so I can get a goul mask. This time, all the ghouls are just gonna die.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page