Getting Display Settings Back to HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone. I just need help with a little problem of mine. I recently had to put my PS3 back into default settings and the resolution is now 480i. I have both the HDMI connected along with the analog connections. I've tried to switch the display setting back to HDMI under Settings, but when the 30 second interval occurs I do not get video on the HDMI input. After 30 seconds, the analog connection comes back on its input. Am I missing something?

In addition, I've tried unplugging the analog connection and holding down the power button to reset the settings, hoping it would detect the connected HDMI. However, nothing. I've tried to restore default settings, and then quickly disconnect the analog. But still nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I had this issue before and I tried this. I stay on the analog input and click on all resolutions that my tv accepts, I then keep the window open to where it says to hit x to accept the changes (thats where the screen goes blank and you then have to hit x again to confirm changes) What I do now is switch to the hdmi input on the tv and I then hit x for it to make the changes and it usually pops up and then hit x again to confirm. I have a samsung hls5687 and went through the same problem.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 02:37 PM

I had the same problem when I first set up the ps3 on my new HDTV. I had the HDMI plugged in along with my analog cables. On my tv it has a seperate channel for every input, so when I hit ok to go to the HDMI, my screen would go blank because it was coming on on my 7 input, not my 2 input any more. So If your tv is anything like mine, When you click OK to change to HDMI, scan through your TVs input channels and see if you can find it waiting for you.
post #4 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Ok but one problem. When I selected HDMI as my desired choice, it did not ask me for the resolutions that my TV accepted, it just went straight to the screen where it said "click x to accept the hdmi setting" Before hitting X, I switched to the HDMI Input, hit X, but still I got nothing.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 02:43 PM

Hmm.. Not sure what to tell you then. Start small and work up. Any other devices you can test your HDMI chord on? Make sure it has a good connection. Hopefully it is a simple fix and you are just missing it.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmetandjetfan View Post

Ok but one problem. When I selected HDMI as my desired choice, it did not ask me for the resolutions that my TV accepted, it just went straight to the screen where it said "click x to accept the hdmi setting" Before hitting X, I switched to the HDMI Input, hit X, but still I got nothing.

thats weird, it should. Look again. Do you get the option for the ps3 to set the resolution automatically or manually? Try doing it manually if your not? But even if you didn't you should still get 480i through hdmi. Have you tried what I suggested earlier? That was the only way I could get it to work on my tv.
post #7 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

When I go to display settings, I go to Video Output Settings. I click on that, and then I get a screen to pick the type of connection. I choose HDMI, and then I get a screen that says hit the X button to change the setting to HDMI. I flip to the HDMI input, hit X, but still nothing.

I am so exhausted with this issue. I have tried everything, including different HDMI cables. Maybe I should restore the system? I have no idea.
post #8 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

did you try restoring the system through the ps3 menu? there is an option that lets you restore the ps3 back to the default settings.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

did you try restoring the system through the ps3 menu? there is an option that lets you restore the ps3 back to the default settings.

That is what I am thinking of doing. Do you think this would work? And what would be the correct process with the cables, etc.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Doesn't hurt. turn the system on with the analog cables connected and repeat the same process. Another thing, did you try unpluging the analog out from the ps3 before hitting x to switch to hdmi? that could work as well.
post #11 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teckademic View Post

Doesn't hurt. turn the system on with the analog cables connected and repeat the same process. Another thing, did you try unpluging the analog out from the ps3 before hitting x to switch to hdmi? that could work as well.

I tried doing it with taking the analogs out. That didn't work. I'm just hesitant to restore the system because it will delete my hard drive.
post #12 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmetandjetfan View Post

I tried doing it with taking the analogs out. That didn't work. I'm just hesitant to restore the system because it will delete my hard drive.

I thought it only restored the settings back to default, not the hard drive. I guess its time to pull out the manual just to be safe.
post #13 of 13 Old 06-09-2007, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

yea there are two options. One of them is to restore default settings. I've tried that, still nothing. The second option is to 'restore your ps3 system'. I haven't tried that yet but it warns that it deletes your hard drive.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page