**TVersity-->PS3 Master Thread** Users, please chime in! - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 314 Old 12-21-2008, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've not used TVersity much for photos (I assume the wallpapers are JPG), but I know if the JPGs are above the resolution parameters you setting in TVersity's settings, it will compress them (as it does with videos). That may be the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez View Post

I've got a question for TVersity users, and sorry if it's been answered before, just let me know:

I have a rather large wallpaper collection, and thought that with TVersity I could just stream them to the PS3, and use the copy feature to copy them over. But when I do this the quality is dramatically worse than the originals! Is there any way to copy the original-quality files over through TVersity, or will I have to throw them on a USB drive to get them to my PS3?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 314 Old 12-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Although this is a tversity thread, I thought I'd comment that the ps3mediaserver app (link posted earlier) works superbly for my needs.

For the longest time, I couldn't play any video file without having the video and audio stutter every 15-30 seconds. Copying files from my pc to the ps3 were taking unusually long, and this was with a quad core, raid 5, 8GB RAM, and gigabit network connections. It turns out that there is an known issue with Windows 2003 and tversity, and the developers were able to reproduce it.

However, ps3mediaserver has none of these problems and all is well. It also does real-time transcoding just like tversity so I'm completely happy with it.

Thanks for the suggestion, I would have never found it otherwise!
post #303 of 314 Old 12-28-2008, 04:36 PM

I recently installed Tversity and I'm pretty happy with the results. I have both the PS3 and Computer connected via wireless. While streaming movies, I do get the occasional stutter in the sounds and video but nothing to go crazy over.

One problem I do have is that one of my movies will not stream to my PS3. It's the same format as all of my other movies, but I get a unsupported data error on the PS3 when I try to play it.

Any idea what could cause a problem with this one movie?
post #304 of 314 Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I tried installing Tversity and all it could do without an advanced knowledge of I.T. is forcibly install an Ask.com toolbar on my web browser.

Ports....firewalls....networks....any alternatives to this thing? I really don't feel like exposing myself to viruses just to get this thing past some phantom firewall or closed port.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #305 of 314 Old 01-12-2009, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I finally got a sooped up computer this past weekend, with WMP 11 installed. I am just curious though, since the PS3 can view my library already, and play all of my current audio formats, is there any need for me to use tversity?

I'll probably begin using FLAC sometime in the future, but would I need to use tversity for any other reason?
post #306 of 314 Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 69
use playstation media server. far superior.

And some video formats don't work properly through WMP, which is where TVersity/PMS come in handy
post #307 of 314 Old 01-12-2009, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks...I'll check out the thread for PMS here (tee hee hee)
post #308 of 314 Old 01-27-2010, 06:47 AM

my best results have come from simply converting the MKV files using mkv2vob, then streaming that output file.

although i did this with Angels & Demons, and lost the english subtitles at the beginning of the movie, where they talk in italian. hopefully there's some setting to correct that.
post #309 of 314 Old 02-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Hey Guys,

I use mkv2vob to convert .mkv files so that they stream using tversity.

Every now and then - a mkv movie is not able to be converted using mkv2vob. The program crashes.

I do not have a work around. I usually just delete the mkv since i dont know what else to do.

Can someone point me to a tool that will perform the same function as mkv2vob with a simple point and click ui or simple guide?

Please help!
post #310 of 314 Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 AM

Liked: 11
I am thinking about retiring the htpc thing and just streaming movies with my ps3 from my pc. I have my movies stored in multiple .vob files. What I'd like to end up with is full movies with menus.

What is the best way to do this? It seems like there are easily a dozen options...
post #311 of 314 Old 03-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by investmentcar View Post

I am thinking about retiring the htpc thing and just streaming movies with my ps3 from my pc. I have my movies stored in multiple .vob files. What I'd like to end up with is full movies with menus.

What is the best way to do this? It seems like there are easily a dozen options...

They haven't worked the kinks out with menus yet with streaming. So you might want to rule that out.
post #312 of 314 Old 03-02-2011, 11:20 AM

Liked: 11
Ok, I can live without menus.

My ps3 still sees multiple vobs and I can't get it to play the whole movie. Do I have to convert all my movies to a single .vob? Are there any consequences to changing them all over and deleting the original .vob files? Is Mvk better? I just don't want to blow up my library...
I left all of those details out and just asked what is the best way to stream.....

Btw - I am streaming off of a dual or quad core pc...
post #313 of 314 Old 06-16-2011, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I hate to resurrect this old thread but I was hoping someone out here could help me configure TVersity for streaming SiriusXM to the PS3. I am using SiriusXMStreamer 1.9.11 and no matter what settings I try (URL ASX, MMU, etc.), I always get this error message in TVersity: "The folder could not be accessed. This content may have been deleted from the media server."

I can see the SiriusXM channels in TVersity but when I click on any channel I always get that error message. It's frustrating!

I have successfully used TVersity to stream all of my music, even FLACs, but I can't get Sirius to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
post #314 of 314 Old 07-10-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehgz1 View Post

I hate to resurrect this old thread but I was hoping someone out here could help me configure TVersity for streaming SiriusXM to the PS3. I am using SiriusXMStreamer 1.9.11 and no matter what settings I try (URL ASX, MMU, etc.), I always get this error message in TVersity: "The folder could not be accessed. This content may have been deleted from the media server."

I can see the SiriusXM channels in TVersity but when I click on any channel I always get that error message. It's frustrating!

I have successfully used TVersity to stream all of my music, even FLACs, but I can't get Sirius to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Having the same problem. I used to use SiriusXMStreamer with no issues. Later I switched to XMTuner. Then when none of these programs worked for a while, I went back to SiriusXMStreamer because XMTuner hasn't fixed the channel lineup change yet. But now, I'm having the same problem as you. I can see the channel request in SXMS's log, but Tversity can't send it over. However, it still works with XMTuner with all the same settings. It's just that XMTuner's channel info is all wrong now. You have to know the channel number for what you want to hear.

I can play channels just fine through the urls in a browser, so I know it's functioning. There's just a problem getting Tversity to send the streams to the PS3. I've been trying all day long with all different combinations of settings, but no luck.
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page