**TVersity-->PS3 Master Thread** Users, please chime in! - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 314 Old 07-24-2008, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone tell me , how I can display cover art on TV via Tversity running on Xbox 360 ? I have converted a few albums into FLAC lossless format and a few do have art cover jpeg imbedded into the tag as well i tried with file folder.jpg in the same folder as the flac files for the album. It still does not display them on my big screen TV via Xbox 360. The flac files play OK but no cover art - what gives ?

Do I need to modify some setting on Windows Media Player on the Windows Visat PC that I am running Tiversity on ? ( it's MS Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition) and MWP is most likely at version 11.

Thanks everyone,
Marek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 314 Old 07-24-2008, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

TVersity didn't support album art until the last update. RC2 is out now, and it enables album art!

I'm excited because that was literally my only issue with this program. It's pretty much perfect to me, now. Love it.

PSN: Tezasaurus
post #183 of 314 Old 07-24-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martez View Post

TVersity didn't support album art until the last update. RC2 is out now, and it enables album art!

I'm excited because that was literally my only issue with this program. It's pretty much perfect to me, now. Love it.

Thanks Martez!

What about cover art on Xbox 360 ? This new release talks specifically about PS3 ???

TVersity 1.0 RC2 is here

July 22nd, 2008 | Published in New Release

We have been hard at work fixing some issues with RC1 and adding album art support and today we bring you TVersity 1.0 RC2.

Album art support is the main new feature of this release, it is compatible with the Sony PS3 as well as with the HTML interface (PSP, iPhone, Blackberry, etc.) and flash interface (Wii). Album art support relies on JPEG files conforming to certain naming conventions that are present in the same folder as music tracks. These files can be created by either Windows Media Player or WinAmp and TVersity will pick them up, or users can add them manually.

To give you full control over the album art image, TVersity allows you to override the art assigned to a certain album by adding to the folder that contains track belonging to the album an image file named:
albumart..jpg

If such file does not exist, TVersity looks for files added automatically by Windows Media Player or by WinAmp. We do not currently take album art files created by iTunes.

In addition to music album art, this release also display art icons on the Sony PS3 next to RSS feed items that have such icons in the RSS (e.g. YouTube feeds).

Finally, many issues were fixed based on the great feedback we received from the community. More info at:

http://tversity.com/support/releasenotes/
post #184 of 314 Old 07-24-2008, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Great. This is the one feature I was waiting for. I have not updated TVersity since I got my PS3 around Nov of last year. It was working fine and the updates did not bring anything that I wanted. Now with this cover art update I guess is time to upgrade. Thanks for sharing that info.

{goes to TVersity website}
post #185 of 314 Old 07-24-2008, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmm, I'm not sure, Nikonowski- I don't really see why it wouldn't work for the 360 as well, but the fact that the release notes specifically call out the PS3 seems strange.

post #186 of 314 Old 07-26-2008, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
hopefully they take itunes album art at some point. on another note, has anyone else been having connection problems with rc2? I'm finding myself having to stop and restart sharing on my pc everytime I start my ps3 because it does not see tversity, even if I search for it. It's only a annoyance at this point since it's an easy fix, but it's still annoying to have to go downstairs to restart sharing each time I turn on my ps3.

xbox live/PSN: Chad473
post #187 of 314 Old 07-26-2008, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

hopefully they take itunes album art at some point. on another note, has anyone else been having connection problems with rc2? I'm finding myself having to stop and restart sharing on my pc everytime I start my ps3 because it does not see tversity, even if I search for it. It's only a annoyance at this point since it's an easy fix, but it's still annoying to have to go downstairs to restart sharing each time I turn on my ps3.

No problems with RC2 here.

post #188 of 314 Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 PM

Set it up yesterday with the PS3, took about 20 minutes and works flawlessly.
post #189 of 314 Old 07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I recently got a new D-Link DGL-4300 Router, removed McAfee firewall in favor of the Windows XP firewall and made some port forwarding rules on each with good results on the PS3 and Xbox 360:
LL
LL
post #190 of 314 Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad473 View Post

I'm finding myself having to stop and restart sharing on my pc everytime I start my ps3 because it does not see tversity, even if I search for it. It's only a annoyance at this point since it's an easy fix, but it's still annoying to have to go downstairs to restart sharing each time I turn on my ps3.

I can see Tversity always after searching but I think I recall on the previous release it would always be there after the first discovery. Now it turns out that everytime my PC has come back from standy TVersity is not there any more. I have to search it and then it appears. Of course this would be fixed on my side by having my PC to never standby.

Do you guys leave on th ePC at all times? Would it be possible to wake up the pc when one searches for the media server from the PS3? I have played with my lan wake up settings on my PC to no avail? For now I am leaving the PC on at all times but if anyone has a better idea I am all ears.
post #191 of 314 Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I think I need a new PC. I have my PS3 connected with TVersity and it plays fine up until I try to fast forward or rewind parts... Most of the times it locks up and just hangs there. I can get out of it cancelling it via PS3 but I think the PC end just hangs it when I try to do that. I haven't tried it with the 360 yet but I'm almost certain it's my PC.

My setup was straight forward but my buddy had a huge hassle trying to get the PS3 and PC to communicate.

Onkyo 605 / Paradigm Titan / Paradigm CC Center / Paradigm ADP rear / HSU STF-1 / HD-A2 / 40gbPS3 / 360elite / Wii / PC
I hate fanboys..
anti-GT5:P-er ;)
eurokult.com
post #192 of 314 Old 07-28-2008, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucuy View Post

I can see Tversity always after searching but I think I recall on the previous release it would always be there after the first discovery. Now it turns out that everytime my PC has come back from standy TVersity is not there any more. I have to search it and then it appears. Of course this would be fixed on my side by having my PC to never standby.

Do you guys leave on th ePC at all times? Would it be possible to wake up the pc when one searches for the media server from the PS3? I have played with my lan wake up settings on my PC to no avail? For now I am leaving the PC on at all times but if anyone has a better idea I am all ears.

my PC is always on. I did just reinstall windows after a drive failure, so that may be another cause of why mine isn't working correctly. Perhaps some weird setting somewhere that I'm missing? Other than that, the only change was upgrading to RC2. I'll have to see if i can find a RC1 (or earlier) install and see if I run into the same issue. A simple stop/start on the client sharing immediately fixes it and it pops up on the ps3 without having to search, but it can get annoying.

xbox live/PSN: Chad473
post #193 of 314 Old 07-28-2008, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuco33 View Post

I think I need a new PC. I have my PS3 connected with TVersity and it plays fine up until I try to fast forward or rewind parts... Most of the times it locks up and just hangs there. I can get out of it cancelling it via PS3 but I think the PC end just hangs it when I try to do that. I haven't tried it with the 360 yet but I'm almost certain it's my PC.

My setup was straight forward but my buddy had a huge hassle trying to get the PS3 and PC to communicate.

I had the same problem until I updated to 2.41 on the PS3 and the latest TVersity. I am assuming the 2.41 is what fixed it.
post #194 of 314 Old 07-29-2008, 07:08 PM

How can I get Tversity to update so that it will send anything new that I download? The only things I can access on my PS3 are the same files that were there when I first set up.

I've got it set to refresh ever 24 hours, but it doesn't seem to work. I cannot access any new MP3's since the first time I set this up. What am I doing wrong?
post #195 of 314 Old 07-30-2008, 12:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Man, I’m loving Tversity even more. I just bought one of them Sony 120 gig Hd based HD camcorders. I record away and then take the preparatory Sony camcorder files and simply rename them to .mpg to stream to the PS3 which can decode them. 16mb/sec hd video with 5.1 channel audio running with no problems at all. Flawless!

To boot, I just finished recording my older DV tapes to Windows media files (2 gigs per hour) and they all stream perfectly (over 25 of them at an hour each).

Tversity and the PS3 working great together once again!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke
post #196 of 314 Old 07-30-2008, 03:03 AM

Over the past few days I have been tweaking the codecs on my computer in order to be able to transcode pretty much any kind of video file. It took a lot of trial and error to get it to work. I have to credit the people from these sites, I got a lot of the information from them.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=75081
http://weblog.bbzzdd.com/2007/08/04/...he-ps3-part-i/
http://ld-anime.subforge.net/guide/ogm-en.php

If you follow the directions on either one of those you should be able to install TVersity and transcode most videos, but for those of you who anime in .MKVs may notice that on some of them your subtitles are no where to be found. SRT subtitles transcode fine, but subtitles like ASS will not. So basically, I'm going to post what I did, and hopefully some people will be able to find this useful. Keep in mind, this may not necessarily be the most optimal setup, but it works well for me.

Installation

You'll be installing several things, I didn't do it in a certain order, but when a program tells you to restart, I recommend you do so. I've listed the versions for all the programs too just for reference. Do not install the codec pack from TVersity.

-TVersity- 3.1.0.4 RC2
-DirectShow FilterPack- 3.12
-AC3 Filter- 1.11
-CoreVorbis- 1.1

Ok, this part requires a little more work.

-Matroska Splitter- 1.0.2.9

Extract it (WinRAR will work) and you'll have a "Release" and "Release Unicode" folder, both contain MatroskaSplitter.ax. For XP and 2000 users, use the MatroskaSplitter.ax from the "Release Unicode" folder and put it into C:\\WINDOWS\\system32. If you're not an XP or 2000 user get the file from the "Release" folder.

Open Command prompt (you can input cmd into Run to open this program).
Enter this command to get into this system32 path:
cd C:\\WINDOWS\\system32

Once in, enter this command:
regsvr32 matroskasplitter.ax

It should say something like registry successful.

-ffdshow- (ffdshow_beta5_rev2033_20080705_clsid.exe)

After installing this, make sure to go into the audio decoder settings to disable AC3 on ffdshow so the AC3 Filter can handle it instead. The ps3forums link will help you if you're confused on this part.

-Matroska Pack- Lazy Man's MKV 0.9.9

Alright, almost done. You want to install this excluding VSFilter 2.37, you should install the other programs listed on the default instead. VSFilter has been known to crash TVersity, and we don't actually need it with this setup.

Now, if you also have Realplayer files or Quicktime files, you can also get:

Real Alternative
and Quicktime Alternative. I already have them on my system, and files affiliated with them transcode well. Not 100% sure you need to install them if you want to play those files, but it's not going to hurt.

So far I've confirmed these video types work: .AVI, .MPG, .WMV, .MKV, .OGG, .MOV, .MP4, .RMVB. There may be some other filetypes I did not list, so let me know if that's the case and I'll try them out.

After installing all that (not so fun) stuff, I recommend you customize your settings on TVersity, because it does make a big difference. I have a 1080p TV, and changing the resolution from what it was to 1920x1080 made the picture go from blurry to perfect. If you're interested in that and some other things you can do to make it better, you should look at the first two links on this post.
post #197 of 314 Old 07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Good info. I convert mkv's separately and put them on either the PS3 HDD or my portable drive since my laptop can't handle converting them on the fly, but everything else works like gravy.

post #198 of 314 Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleavit View Post

Man, I'm loving Tversity even more. I just bought one of them Sony 120 gig Hd based HD camcorders. I record away and then take the preparatory Sony camcorder files and simply rename them to .mpg to stream to the PS3 which can decode them. 16mb/sec hd video with 5.1 channel audio running with no problems at all. Flawless!

Feq questions. Which model did you buy? What is the native format of those files from your Sony HD Camcorder?

I have had one of those HD Cameras in my radar for a while and I think this will be the year I get one.
post #199 of 314 Old 07-30-2008, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

one problem i am having is getting sirius to work. i am following the steps. Then when i go to the ps3 i see the sirius folder but it says " there are no titles"

no idea why

2011 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS- New York Giants!!!

Gamertag: GENERAL CUPKAKE
post #200 of 314 Old 07-31-2008, 10:46 AM
TJ7

check to see if there is an update for sirius like there was for uXM

Radio Shack Catalogue Archive 1939-2005

Does your system seem to have a mind of its own?
Turn HDMI Control OFF!!!
post #201 of 314 Old 07-31-2008, 08:33 PM

So usually I just read avs and since I'm a caveman I don't add anything but I think I finally got something to add. This will be long so I'll break it up.

I downloaded a program for my mac called handbrake to encode my dvd collection. Really great program easy to use and I haven't had a issue with it yet. I found out that WMP11 doesn't support Mpeg4 so I started looking for a media server that would.

Tversity- I've been having some issues with my video being really choppy. It will play for a bit but then starts skipping. I even went as far to buy airport express to get the N transfer rates. I've played with the transcoder settings and it doesn't seem to work. I think I may have issues with my codec packs and will go about cleaning out some old ones.

Anybody who has any suggestions on how to make the streaming smooth I would appreciate it.
post #202 of 314 Old 07-31-2008, 08:34 PM

Oh and I'm streaming to a ps3
post #203 of 314 Old 07-31-2008, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Furguson View Post

Try M2TS instead. I haven't notice any problems since I changed.

you can play M2TS files via the PS3 using TVersity?
post #204 of 314 Old 08-01-2008, 12:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

you can play M2TS files via the PS3 using TVersity?

Yes, do nothing more then rename the .M2TS files to .mpg. I do it with no problem and the PS3 registers HD Stream at 16 mb/sec

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -Arthur C. Clarke
post #205 of 314 Old 08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parksenegger View Post

So usually I just read avs and since I'm a caveman I don't add anything but I think I finally got something to add. This will be long so I'll break it up.

I downloaded a program for my mac called handbrake to encode my dvd collection. Really great program easy to use and I haven't had a issue with it yet. I found out that WMP11 doesn't support Mpeg4 so I started looking for a media server that would.

Tversity- I've been having some issues with my video being really choppy. It will play for a bit but then starts skipping. I even went as far to buy airport express to get the N transfer rates. I've played with the transcoder settings and it doesn't seem to work. I think I may have issues with my codec packs and will go about cleaning out some old ones.

Anybody who has any suggestions on how to make the streaming smooth I would appreciate it.

And this is long. Obviously you have not seen the long replies at AVS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parksenegger View Post

Are you transcoding? Can you try streaming any media that the PS3 understands natively so you rule out transcoding. My guess is that your machine is not up to par to transcode in realtime and send the data to the PS3. I had similar chopy video with my old PC streaming to the PS3 via wireless G and after I upgraded to a better PC the problem went away
post #206 of 314 Old 08-01-2008, 01:01 PM

I'm thinking that my be the issue as well but then my mac streams flawlessly? Now that I think about it though, mpeg2 viedo that I have through my camera streams nicely. I may have to have a friend come over with a pc laptop or something that is better than my pc to see if this is the issue.
post #207 of 314 Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 PM

Ok, I think I may have actually got it figured out. I encoded a couple more movies and they seem to stream just fine. I had just encoded one movie and maybe I did something on that movie that it didn't like. I'll encode a couple more and try those.
post #208 of 314 Old 08-11-2008, 02:08 PM

I would like to begin ripping my CD collection to my PC and use TVersity to stream it. I would appreciate recommendations for the best format/bitrate combination to use to maximize quality (my number 1 priority) while minimizing storage space. I understand these two goals are directly opposed to one another and appreciate input from others...
post #209 of 314 Old 08-11-2008, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Depends on your audio setup and audiophile ears; but I wouldn't go below 192kbps, and I don't hear huge differences above that. I think every person has their own bitrate sweet spot- 192 is mine

post #210 of 314 Old 08-11-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:

Depends on your audio setup and audiophile ears; but I wouldn't go below 192kbps, and I don't hear huge differences above that. I think every person has their own bitrate sweet spot- 192 is mine

Thanks for the reply. I can not seriously consider myself an audiophile, but I think I do have an appreciation for good sound. I agree 100% that individuals have their own sound preferences as to what sounds good to them on their particular audio equipment. There are various formats out there (wma, wav, mp3, etal.) and variable bit rates for some as well. I would not be adverse to lossless formats and I have even tried to do some comparisons of formats/bitrates but I find it nearly impossible to do a a good "side-by-side" comparison. In doing some research I've now come across FLAC to further muddy the waters. So I was hoping to see if there is a general concensus as to what others recommend to preserve quality.
Reply PlayStation Area