Is there a PS3 'controller' with the feel of Xbox 360? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Before you all claim that the ps3 remote is superior and to give myself time to 'get use to the feel of it', I DEFINATELY prefer the feel of my 360 controller. Does any manufacturer offer a ps3 remote that has a similar layout to the 360? Thank you all.

P.S. I tried playing RESISTANCE, and i just couldn't play worth a darn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizill View Post

Before you all claim that the ps3 remote is superior and to give myself time to 'get use to the feel of it', I DEFINATELY prefer the feel of my 360 controller. Does any manufacturer offer a ps3 remote that has a similar layout to the 360? Thank you all.

P.S. I tried playing RESISTANCE, and i just couldn't play worth a darn.

Nobody is really claiming superiority over one or the other, its all about personal preference, i cannot play with a 360 controller at all, but i know many who think the same of the ps3.

Anyways im pretty sure there is nothing really out there similar to the 360 control yet... correct me if im wrong
post #3 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
check logitech controllers. i've heard they are bigger than the ps3 controllers and feel closer to 360 controllers for those who dont like the ps3 ones.
post #4 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcheng122 View Post

check logitech controllers. i've heard they are bigger than the ps3 controllers and feel closer to 360 controllers for those who dont like the ps3 ones.

i'll have to check into those. that's it though, the ps3 feels way too small for my hands. and i just can't dig the analog sticks placed where they are. i suppose that's why i never got into the ps2. i got the ps3 mainly for blu-ray, but an occasional game to compliment this console would be nice, every once in awhile.
post #5 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

i'll have to check into those. that's it though, the ps3 feels way too small for my hands. and i just can't dig the analog sticks placed where they are. i suppose that's why i never got into the ps2. i got the ps3 mainly for blu-ray, but an occasional game to compliment this console would be nice, every once in awhile.

I'd also gladly pay good money if somebody created a good quality Bluetooth PS3 control pad that mimiced the layout of the 360 pad.

The Logitech controllers are larger but the button and stick placement is identical to the PS3 controller. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Logitech is not Bluetooth so it does not have all the functionality of the PS3 pad.

I'm in the same boat as you; I prefer the layout of the 360 pad and the staggered layout of the analog sticks is much more comfortable and accurate for me, especially for driving and first/third person games. Sony's inclusion of analog sticks for the PS1 was really an afterthought; they were added in response to the Nintendo 64's pad layout and it's really strange that after all these years Sony hasn't altered the design or at least offered a pad that swaps the D-pad and left analog stick; that alone would be so much better for me.
post #6 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

does ANYONE actually PREFER the ps3 controller over a 360 controller???
post #7 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:

like i said i prefer the ps3 controller much more than the 360 the 360 feels soo bulky and difficult for me to use, and i have large hands
post #8 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

i think i'll begin to like to light-weightness of the ps3 controller. not as heavy as the xbox. but it even feels a bit flimsy to me. i guess i'll just have to deal.
post #9 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:

i think i'll begin to like to light-weightness of the ps3 controller. not as heavy as the xbox. but it even feels a bit flimsy to me. i guess i'll just have to deal.

its a good controller if your used to it, same with the 360 i bet, itll grow on you, it isnt that flimsy as mine have been through hell and back without a scratch
post #10 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:

Yes.

I did like the 360 however everyone I knew that had one fell victim to the circle of death several times over. Really a bummer as there is some exciting games coming out. Although, when my brothers failed he got shipped over seas I traded his in and used the store credit for my ps3
post #11 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

I'd also gladly pay good money if somebody created a good quality Bluetooth PS3 control pad that mimiced the layout of the 360 pad.

If money's no object then you can get this guy to make you one probably.

http://www.gadgets-reviews.com/index...ge=post&id=335

post #12 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

damn! i do have an extra 360 remote just layin' around brand new in the box...

too bad there's no way in hell that thing has any longevity.
post #13 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:

The only consoles I've used are the original XBox and now the PS3, so I went from the XBox S controller to the PS3 controller, and I like the compact size of the Sixaxis.
post #14 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Not me. Though as others have said, I'm sure with practice, it'll grow on me. Hopefully with Heavenly Sword I'll get that chance.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #15 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 12:13 PM

I really liked the 360 controllers at first, but the more I play with the Sixaxis, the more it's hard to go back. I'm not a fan of the tilt functionality however.

PSN/XBL: gti443
post #16 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 12:18 PM

Quote:

You can honestly ask that question in the Playstation Area of this forum? Yes I do. It's not bulky, I don't like where the joy stick is located where the D-pad should be, it is a lot lighter without that that worthless rumble, it's white and the PS-PS3's D-Pad is smoother and better in my opinion.

PSN: InfernoSoul
post #17 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

My Logitech is a nice step up. It has real triggers, 2.4 gig dongle has no disconnect issues like my sixaxis controllers and it's a little bigger. No motion control but after playing Flow and seeing the review of Lair... who cares, it's just a gimmick IMO. I have no idea what Sony was thinking with that tiny controller, I guess they're marketing to teens and they just have smaller hands over there in Japan.
post #18 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRALFAZ View Post

My Logitech is a nice step up. It has real triggers, 2.4 gig dongle has no disconnect issues like my sixaxis controllers and it's a little bigger. No motion control but after playing Flow and seeing the review of Lair... who cares, it's just a gimmick IMO. I have no idea what Sony was thinking with that tiny controller, I guess they're marketing to teens and they just have smaller hands over there in Japan.

Hey regarding your Logitech controller, do you have the Chillstream or the Cordless? BTW, is the Chillstream wireless? I was on Logitech's site but it didn't say if it was wireless or USB. Also, I know it doesn't have sixaxis which will pose a problem sooner or later such as when I get Lair, but by then I'll probably have another controller. Know anything about the Hori Turbo 3 controller?
Need a controller cuz I smashed my last one a few hours ago b/c my friend spilled Pepsi on the buttons and now they're sticky as hell. Can't even shoot a arrow in Ninja Gaiden /cry.

Gamertag: Dominikin
PS3 username: Dominikin
post #19 of 42 Old 08-22-2007, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I prefer the Playstation Controller over the Xbox one. I don't like the placement of the analog stick over the D-PAD.
post #20 of 42 Old 08-23-2007, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

what are those silver ps3 controllers all about that i've seen on the internet before ever thinking of getting a ps3? they have longer palm-grips. they might be worth trying. are they for the japanese version of ps3 or something?
post #21 of 42 Old 08-23-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRALFAZ View Post

i have really big hands and i love the ps3 controller, its about preference, some people prefer a more lightweight compact controller, even with large hands i cannot get used to the 360 controller
post #22 of 42 Old 08-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
i have both, and the placement of the L2/R2 buttons (lower triggers) just drives me nuts on the ps3, i have to **** my wrists in a weird way to pull/get my fingers on them.

other than that, i love the ps3 controller feel.

loving my completed home theater. :)
post #23 of 42 Old 08-23-2007, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

what are those silver ps3 controllers all about that i've seen on the internet before ever thinking of getting a ps3? they have longer palm-grips. they might be worth trying. are they for the japanese version of ps3 or something?

Those were just prototypes. There was quite a bit of joking about them and "Batarang" comments but supposedly it's a very comfortable desgin. For whatever reason they stuck to the tried and true Dual Shock style.
post #24 of 42 Old 08-23-2007, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie97L View Post

i have both, and the placement of the L2/R2 buttons (lower triggers) just drives me nuts on the ps3, i have to **** my wrists in a weird way to pull/get my fingers on them.

other than that, i love the ps3 controller feel.

Heh... I lol'd when I finally figured out what **** was. I couldn't for the life of me determine how you were swearing.

The, I realized it was a completely innocent "c0ck" of the wrist....

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
post #25 of 42 Old 08-23-2007, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker George View Post

Those were just prototypes. There was quite a bit of joking about them and "Batarang" comments but supposedly it's a very comfortable desgin. For whatever reason they stuck to the tried and true Dual Shock style.

I had a controller that was similar for my PS2 (logitech, maybe?) and I really liked the way it felt. I hope there are eventually some nice after-market blutooth PS3 controllers. I don't have a problem with the standard controller, but I always liked the big blue one more. Too bad it died years ago...

PSN/XBL: bassmonkeee
Wii number: Who cares?
post #26 of 42 Old 08-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Advanced Member

I'm hating the PS3 controller. After playing the Heavenly Sword demo my right hand was cramping like crazy! I would pay good money for a 360 style controller for the PS3, or even just a larger version of the PS3 controller, it is just too small for me (and I'm not even a big guy, only 5'9").
post #27 of 42 Old 08-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post

Heh... I lol'd when I finally figured out what **** was. I couldn't for the life of me determine how you were swearing.

The, I realized it was a completely innocent "c0ck" of the wrist....

wow, i didn't even notice that. HAH!

post #28 of 42 Old 08-24-2007, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

well, after having played some motorstorm, i am still not sold on this thing. basically only two complaints, the position of the left thumbstick and the r2/l2 buttons. i wish those buttons could be more like triggers. it makes my fingers feel like they're about to slip off a negative-angled slope or something. they never do, but just seem like they might. as far as the thumbstick, once i gave up on using it in this game and turned to the directional pad, i started kicking major butt. that is, until i went online and got spanked like a red-headed step-child.

anyway, i know some games will require use of the left thumbstick, so i'll have to deal with it. also, anyone ever play a game utilizing both thumbsticks and wind up having your thumbs collide with each other?
post #29 of 42 Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

well, after having played some motorstorm, i am still not sold on this thing. basically only two complaints, the position of the left thumbstick and the r2/l2 buttons. i wish those buttons could be more like triggers. it makes my fingers feel like they're about to slip off a negative-angled slope or something. they never do, but just seem like they might. as far as the thumbstick, once i gave up on using it in this game and turned to the directional pad, i started kicking major butt. that is, until i went online and got spanked like a red-headed step-child.

anyway, i know some games will require use of the left thumbstick, so i'll have to deal with it. also, anyone ever play a game utilizing both thumbsticks and wind up having your thumbs collide with each other?

yup. if some good games ever get to the ps3, i'll definitely look into that ps3 in an xbox 360 housing thing.

post #30 of 42 Old 08-24-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:

no, and again i have large hands
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page