WipEout HD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 1017 Old 08-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
congrats. just looking at the trophy list makes me dizzy thinking about what it takes to get some of them...

question, how does wipeouthd have a platinum trophy..? i thought the biggest trophy psn games could have is gold..?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1017 Old 08-05-2009, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Wipeout is special. It's as large as a retail game and hard as hell. It gets a platinum.

PSN: Tezasaurus
post #993 of 1017 Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Congratulations on the Transendence trophy Martez .

I know what it takes to get it ,I've got quite a few people on my friends list that are only missing one or two to get it [usaually ZICO or Zone Zeus ,some arcade perfect]

The Elite AI in FURY is a LOT easier to beat than in HD,after getting arcade perfect you could probably beat them on the first or second try.

By the way,here is a truly excellent DETONATOR mode tutorial written by one of the guys at the wipeoutzone.

It's word doc,well worth downloading.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzjiwjwmnr2
post #994 of 1017 Old 08-06-2009, 01:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
congrats matrez . my hat of to you. if you can do wipe out on platinum you get my respect
post #995 of 1017 Old 08-06-2009, 01:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post

The Elite AI in FURY is a LOT easier to beat than in HD,after getting arcade perfect you could probably beat them on the first or second try.

By the way,here is a truly excellent DETONATOR mode tutorial written by one of the guys at the wipeoutzone.

I joined WipeoutZone to find peeps for the bling brigade trophy, it's a really cool place. Some of the people there are insanely good, I'm afraid if I read too many threads there I'll feel bad about my times

As for Fury Elite, do you get anything for getting Elite in every cell? I thought you didn't.

post #996 of 1017 Old 08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

No you don't get anything special,which I found rather surprising.
You don't even get anything for getting all first place in the Campaign,just a place will suffice at novice level and everything is unlocked .

The only challenging trophys for FURY are "Da BOMB" and "Sharpshooter"
post #997 of 1017 Old 08-06-2009, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Those weren't even that hard, too. Pretty disappointed with the trophies in Fury. But the ships, tracks, and modes make it more than worth it.

post #998 of 1017 Old 09-16-2009, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Okay...so I'm back on playing Wipeout after a brief hiatus. I'm going for trophies again and I have a few questions:

Beat ZICO: Which ship did you guys use? Also, I steer with the analog stick...are you supposed to use the D-pad? I use default controls and the left stick to steer.

Own the Zone: Board recommendations for this and for Zone Zeus would be helpful. I'm best at Moa Therma, but I could practice some others if one in particular is easy to do these on.

Wipeout Disciple: Got recommendations for spamming loyalty points?
post #999 of 1017 Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwright77 View Post

Beat ZICO: Which ship did you guys use? Also, I steer with the analog stick...are you supposed to use the D-pad? I use default controls and the left stick to steer.

There's only one ship you can use. Check the trophy info to make sure you're using the right one. Also make sure you're meeting all the other requirements while you're at it (correct track, class, etc). Can't remember the requirements off the top of my head.

You'll also want to check some Youtube vids to make sure you're hitting all the barrel rolls you can. There are more possible than you think!

Quote:

Wipeout Disciple: Got recommendations for spamming loyalty points?

Be sure to always use the same vehicle for your Zone attempts. That combined with going for all the other trophies will get you most of the way there.

As for Zone Zeus, you'll have to get an answer from one of the two folks on this board who have gotten it. I'm not one of them.

PSN & XBL ID: drop me a private message
post #1000 of 1017 Old 09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Advanced Member

You have to use Pirahna to beat Zico,if you have the FURY added content you can also use the new Pirahna [slightly higher stats] to beat Zico.

Here's a good tutorial on how to beat Zico.
http://www.wegame.com/watch/Wipeout_...Zico_Tutorial/

It doesn't matter if you use stick or D-pad,what ever works for you.
As for changing controls from default,well it's personal preference ,the only two that make any worthwhile difference are changing air brakes from L2R2 to L1R1 and dropping the sensitivity from 100% to around 65%-70% [less % = more sensitive in wipeout],and the other is making acceleration 10% as it means you don't have to have your thumb constantly pressed down hard on the X button.

Zone trophies are all down to practice,95% of people that have got Zone Zeus have done it Anulpha Pass forward as it's the closest thing to a Nascar type oval track.

Wipeout disciple :just us different craft while attempting to get Zone trophies will get you loyalty points up the quickest,you will get quite a few points with Pirahna is you remember to end session rather than just quitting beat Zico Speed lap attempts.

By the way.
Wipeout HD/FURY has been released on Blueray Disc in Europe 16th Sept.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/14/wi...ray-in-europe/

No release slated for North America ..... yet again! ..... You guys get shafted big time by SCEA with a lot of Wipeout titles and have been so for years.
Plus you have the fiasco of that "State Farm" Ad that appeared with the Fury DLC until they removed it.

Wipeout Fusion - Didn't get
Wipeout Pure added DLC- Didn't get all the tracks
Wipeout Pulse added DLC- Didn't get any at all.
Wipeout Pulse PS2 version -Didn't get
Wipeout HD/Fury Blueray version -Doesn't look like your going to get this either.
post #1001 of 1017 Old 09-16-2009, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Bah, see if we come over to help you fight the nazis ever again.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #1002 of 1017 Old 09-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

I don't know why SCEA doesn't support Wipeout generally,I guess they are of the opinion that futuristic racing game do not sell well in North America,not that they really advertise the game over there from what I've been told.

Where SCEE has it as one of it's biggest sellers/bankable titles

You just have to look at the press HD/Fury got at the last E3 ,apart from a pre E3 developers blog it didn't get any, none at all.
post #1003 of 1017 Old 09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Zone Zeus = practice practice practice

I did it on Anulpha Pass, which I have no shame about despite it being the easiest track. It still gets hairy at about Zone 60, the last 15 are brutal and everything beyond that is crazy.

I wouldn't worry about Own The Zone. You'll get it as you go for Zone Zeus. Have you already gotten the Airbraker trophy? I got Own The Zone at the same time as that.

post #1004 of 1017 Old 09-17-2009, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Boy oh boy! I forgot about airbraker. These trophies are sadistic. Thanks for the tips guys. I'll see what I can do.
post #1005 of 1017 Old 10-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

I Just thought I'd let you know that team Nth America has made it into the .

FINAL of the WIPEOUT HD WORLD CUP.

Not an easy task.

Truly TOP CLASS players .

Well done.

Tarotcardkiller USA. Vartizan Canada.

They beat team AUS/NZ DjKyoto & LUNA in the semi finals.

Final Results for North American Wipeout Team Vs Team Austrailia/New Zealand

Winner - North America

NA - 199
ANZ - 170

Vartazian - 102
TarotCardKiller - 97
DjKyoto - 87
LUNA_bgd - 83

MVP - Vartazian

After a Thrilling 2v2 Race between Team Austrailia and Team North America's Best. North America Emerged on top. Everyone was an absolute bloodthirsty gunner during the race with kills from Var,Luna,DjK and Even the Normally Docile TCK (It was a team kill but a kill nonetheless!) Everyone fought their absolute hardest. Good Racing was had by all!

So.
Can Team Nth America win the WORLD CUP?

They have to beat the winner of the team UK V's the Flying Dutchmen.

Both of these teams have a totally evil cast of demonically fast racers.

Stay tuned to what happens.
post #1006 of 1017 Old 06-18-2011, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Summer 2011 bump....

I just got back into this game a few weeks ago since getting the Fury DLC for free with the Welcome Back program offer. It's amazing how fantastic WOHD is to this day. I never finished the campaign (I'm playing 'Skilled'), so before I get into Fury I want to gold all of the original races first.

I'm starting the seventh set of races out of the eight available in the campaign. I like how the game eases you into tougher and faster challenges without becoming too overwhelming. The A.I., despite not really playing like humans, is integentlly implemented by the designers for the campaign in that single races are generally hard fought, but tournament A.I. ships are intentionally gimped so you aren't forced to repeat those sets too many times.

If anyone hasn't yet redeemed their two free PSN games, you can't go wrong with this title as one of your picks. Beautiful graphics, silky smooth 60 fps engine, and is perhaps the best PS3 game to use a custom soundtrack with. Speaking of which, let me recommend adding Control (Juno Reactor Instrumental) to your audio playlist.

Los Angeles Lakers - 16 NBA Championships!

post #1007 of 1017 Old 06-18-2011, 09:19 PM

I just recently got back into WipeoutHD as well. Still a great game. I just finished racing online. Sony giving this away for free has really boosted the online community. There were never this many people online playing back in the day.
post #1008 of 1017 Old 06-19-2011, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I got this as one of my freebees even though I had always struggled with the demo.
I now have just a two tournaments left in the seventh event of the campaign (playing on novice) before reaching Meltdown, golding all but 2-3 cells so far along the way--Sebenco Climb, ugh! (I've also finished the first two events of the Fury campaign.)

It's always very rewarding in a challenging game like this to see your progression and it definitely holds up and is a lot of fun to boot. As difficult as Wipeout is, I actually had many more moments of frustration with Modnation Racers, though perhaps that's due to the fact I expected MNR to be easier while I knew Wipeout would be tough.
post #1009 of 1017 Old 06-19-2011, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks to the free copies now circulating, I'll finally be able to get my platinum. The trophy for destroying 50 opponents online was impossible with such small numbers playing online, but not now! Only a couple trophies away, and I've already gotten most of the really difficult ones.

post #1010 of 1017 Old 06-19-2011, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

Thanks to the free copies now circulating, I'll finally be able to get my platinum. The trophy for destroying 50 opponents online was impossible with such small numbers playing online, but not now! Only a couple trophies away, and I've already gotten most of the really difficult ones.

I got all 50 kills for the AG Assassin trophy in under two hours of Eliminator matches though I can't say I'm very good at it.
post #1011 of 1017 Old 06-19-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confidenceman View Post

I need to get back to work on the platinum myself. I don't know if I will ever get it though. I still need to finish the 8th section of the original campaign. I have at least skilled gold on everything in the other 7. I don't know if I can get all golds on elite though. I also don't have the Ziko trophy. Came close once but never tried it again.
post #1012 of 1017 Old 06-19-2011, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 154
I'm so glad that more people are playing Wipeout HD, and Super Stardust HD as well. Both of these games came out on the PSN a very long time ago, and it's unfortunate how games can get buried like that, and people tend to forget about them. Wipeout HD is a wonderful game, and more people need to experience it.
post #1013 of 1017 Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amp98 View Post

. I also don't have the Ziko trophy. Came close once but never tried it again.

Just keep at it. I worked at this one for many hours doing sets of 100 laps at a time.

post #1014 of 1017 Old 06-20-2011, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I came really close to Zico when I did 100 laps there. I should really try again.

Played this for the first time in months this weekend, forgot how much I loved it.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #1015 of 1017 Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I'm bumping this thread today because word came out that Sony has closed SCE Liverpool, the developer.

That marks the end of a long road for that developer, who started out in 1984 doing games for PC platforms, hitting it big with Shadow of the Beast in 1989 and really big with Lemmings in 1991.

Sony purchased the developer in 1993 and used them as a way to legitimize their push into games; not only did Sony lean heavily on them in the early years of the platform, but Psygnosis' style also helped cement the PlayStation brand as a go-to name for mature gamers. I don't think anyone who played games in the 1990's can forget about WipeOut's look and feel.

They released a lot of games on PSX, including some of the systems' best: G-Police, Colony Wars, Rollcage, and Destruction Derby are some of the highlights. Unfortunately they couldn't keep up that creativity: in 2001 they were renamed SCE Liverpool and mostly became a Formula One shop on PS2 (with the exception of one okay-at-best WipeOut game) before transitioning to WipeOut on PSP and PS3.

Honestly I think that WipeOut HD/Fury might be the PS3's best game, and one of the best games this generation. It is fast, beautiful, hard, has tons of content, and plays flawlessly. At first it was kind of weird since it was cobbled together from the PSP games but it grew into its own. I would have loved to have seen what they could have done on PS4.
post #1016 of 1017 Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Well, that's a bummer. Always sad to see a developer with this much heritage go under.
post #1017 of 1017 Old 08-22-2012, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

The studio will be dearly missed. The WipeOut series (in its many incarnations) stands tall among Sony's many outstanding first-party IP. Right alongside Gran Turismo, God of War, and Uncharted. This is indeed a bummer.

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page