Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post

Unbelievable,

I need a 4th guitar!

Guitar #1: Double strum issue

Guitar #2: Buttons sounded like broken pogo sticks, and oversensitive overdrive

Guitar #3: Double Strum issue revisited:

Obvioulsy the QC process is not ironed out as far as them only sending out modified guitars with the magnetic fix for strum. That's not happening, unfortunately.

As of today, Express Replacement is not an option. They hope to have it avaiable tomorrow.

This is getting too annoying.

I didn't even use Guitar #3 that much. I guess that's typical for failures of this type.

I just received guitar #2, and after about an hour of play at medium skill, the same non-responsiveness reared its ugly head again. In looking at the replacement, it seems that they refurbished the guitar they sent to me (some small scratches around screw holes, for example).

This said, my guess is that EA would work to reengineer the insides of their guitars before selling them individually as accessories. Again, my 2c only, but launching a guitar accessory line that had to be returned regularly makes little sense. Kudos on their return engine - my return took 3 days total!! - but it doesn't help if the guitar becomes unresponsive every week or two.

Awesome game, though. Was playing some folks last night online at my modest medium skill level. Some of them played expert, smoking me in the process. Still, lots of fun to play and watch their rock god status soar! It gives me something to which to aspire.

Note to Sony: Corporate types are always "accidentally" releasing things like personal information. Can't someone at PS3 headquarters "accidentally" release the Activision patch? Puhleese???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 6042 Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs_inc View Post

I just received guitar #2, and after about an hour of play at medium skill, the same non-responsiveness reared its ugly head again. In looking at the replacement, it seems that they refurbished the guitar they sent to me (some small scratches around screw holes, for example).

This said, my guess is that EA would work to reengineer the insides of their guitars before selling them individually as accessories. Again, my 2c only, but launching a guitar accessory line that had to be returned regularly makes little sense. Kudos on their return engine - my return took 3 days total!! - but it doesn't help if the guitar becomes unresponsive every week or two.

Awesome game, though. Was playing some folks last night online at my modest medium skill level. Some of them played expert, smoking me in the process. Still, lots of fun to play and watch their rock god status soar! It gives me something to which to aspire.

Note to Sony: Corporate types are always "accidentally" releasing things like personal information. Can't someone at PS3 headquarters "accidentally" release the Activision patch? Puhleese???

That's unfortunate. Which unresponsiveness are you referring to, the overdrive or the downstrum?

I was pleased to have been able to process the Express RMA this morning.

All I want is a guitar that:

a. Doesn't double strum with every downstrum
b. Doesn't need to be held horizontally for premature overdrive activation
and
c. Doesn't sound broken when you press the buttons

At this point, I'll live with it if conditions a) and b) are met.

It would also be a bonus if it would allow me to beat "Suffragette City" on Expert.

I would have purchased some DLC, in all probability tonight, but now I guess I'll wait. I wonder if GH3 has anything coming out tonight.

The clerks at the UPS store won't be surprised to me back with a returned guitar again.

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #633 of 6042 Old 01-03-2008, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just downloaded Gimme Three Steps (master track), Limelight, and Hard to Handle. Great, great songs. Limelight isn't that great a cover but its too good of a song to pass up.

On a side note, my son is becoming quite the drummer (he really needs to get a job). He's 9th overall on career mode (drums). The hi hat controller we are using for the kick pedal is holding strong.
post #634 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Advanced Member

Great new downloads Rock Band is so much better than GH. I really hope they keep going.
post #635 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 07:09 AM

Has Sony released the PSN cards yet? I'm itching to download songs for RB, but I'm not ready to go punching my credit card info into a game console. (security concerns)
post #636 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Rock Band on Conan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVxbAvD1onc

Hilarious.
post #637 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Sorry if this was covered in the other 600 posts (I read back about 100), but does anyone else experience mic lag when they sing? It's a fraction of a second, but there is definitely a lag. I have a Sony GWIII rear proj. LCD.

If so, what did you do about it?

I know the lag calibration slows down the words, but it would be great if there was no pause between the singer singing the words and when they blurt out of my speakers.

Just bought the game last night after finding it at Sears when all the other big boxes in my area (3 Best Buys, 2 Circuit Cities, 2 Walmarts and 2 Targets) were emptied out. What a great game. Can't wait to really get into it!

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #638 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor_Kevin View Post

does anyone else experience mic lag when they sing? It's a fraction of a second, but there is definitely a lag.

Kevin...

There is lag compensation to correct when playing the instruments, but for the live parts (vocals and freeform drum fills) there will be varying degrees of noticeable delay. Turning off Dolby Digital might help (less processing), but you'll loose the cool 5.1 surround.

There's a post in the Official RockBand thread in the AVS Xbox forum you might want to check out, but to sum up... there's not a lot that can be done for it.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #639 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

Hilarious.

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA (Sabotage as sung by Edith Bunker) FTW!!!!!

Xbox Live / PS3 / Steam: HeadRusch1
Keeping the world safe from the evil antics of Bernie Tanaka and Mel Fujitsu since 1986

post #640 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mad Catz is about to make alot of money....

http://www.gameargus.com/htms/news-p...horId=10000012

Quote:

January 4 - Mad Catz Interactive announced on Friday that it has entered into a multi-year licensing agreement with MTV Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc, whereby Mad Catz has secured the North American and other worldwide territory rights to produce and distribute game peripherals and other products for the critically acclaimed Rock Band game.

Published by MTV Games and developed by MTV Network's Harmonix Music Systems, Rock Band is a new platform for music fans and gamers to interact with music, challenging users to master the lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals as solo artists or cooperatively as part of their own band. Built on deals with the world's biggest record labels and music publishers, the music featured in Rock Band spans all genres of rock and includes many master recordings from the greatest songs and artists of all time. Rock Band is currently available on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 2 consoles in North America.

Pursuant to the agreement, Mad Catz has secured the rights to manufacture, market and sell game accessories, including both wired and wireless bass guitars, a drum percussion set bundled with professional quality wooden drum sticks, and a wired microphone. Mad Catz expects its initial offerings under this license agreement to be available in the first half of 2008.

This agreement with MTV Games represents a natural opportunity for Mad Catz to combine our core competencies of producing and distributing high-quality accessories with the entertaining experience of Rock Band's interactive controllers, said Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. Mad Catz will produce premium instruments, allowing gamers and music fans to experience music in an entirely new light while taking on the personality of their favorite music idols.

The addition of the Rock Band license is consistent with Mad Catz' stated goal to align ourselves with the most attractive brands and highly-anticipated software releases while seeking additional accessory opportunities to further diversify and grow our revenue base. With the ability to appeal to both hardcore and casual gamers alike, Rock Band is one of the most highly acclaimed releases of the 2007 holiday season and beyond.

post #641 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hilarious.

That was awesome! I immediately put that on the ipod.
post #642 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

It's interesting that this is a licensing agreement dispite the "open" devlopment of the rock band controllers. It's possible both parties thought it'd be better to cross promote hence a more formal agreement.
post #643 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hilarious.

yeah I taped the show just to see it. Conan can be funny just by walking(and those who've seen the office know he can).
post #644 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise View Post

It's interesting that this is a licensing agreement dispite the "open" devlopment of the rock band controllers. It's possible both parties thought it'd be better to cross promote hence a more formal agreement.

I wonder if these Mad Catz controllers will become the "official" RockBand controllers available separately for the game?

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #645 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

It would be far better if Mad Catz was going to make guitars compatible with both Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
post #646 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

My experiences with Mad Catz have been heinous. They make cheap, subpar peripherals.

I sure hope they do a better job with this than they do with their other stuff.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #647 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My experiences with Mad Catz have been heinous. They make cheap, subpar peripherals.

I sure hope they do a better job with this than they do with their other stuff.

They can't do any worse than the current kick pedal.
post #648 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Anyone else notice this?
Quote:

including both wired and wireless bass guitars

post #649 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anyone else notice this?

to me that says they may not have solo buttons.
post #650 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone else cringe at the thought of having to purchase products from a company that replaces its s's with z's?

I flinch almost as bad as when I have to buy something utterly mundane (potato chips, pop) that's labeled as "extreme".

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #651 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Just thought of another question:

In the lag setup, I noticed where instead of manually setting it you could just go by what kind of TV you have (CRT, plasma, LCD, DLP).

Why no option for rear projection LCD? I'm assuming the LCD option is for flat panels.

I'm also curious to hear the lag settings for other rear projection LCD owners out there. Mine is currently only 15, but I'm getting that fill/mic lag issue.

PSN = JUST_KEVIN
post #652 of 6042 Old 01-04-2008, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Double bass!

Having two kick drum pedals (new replacement and the hi hat controller we use from our digital drum kit) I thought i'd try something.

I noticed that I bought a "Y" connector months ago so my two sons could both listen to the ipod at the same time. Hmmm. What if I plugged in two kick pedals? It works. And it registers the notes as fast as you can possibly play them. The only problem is that there's maybe one passage in one song that could actually use it.

I'm thinking this might be a hint to something in the future. Maybe Mad Catz making a d-bass pedal peripheral and HMX giving us some insane d-bass DLC. GOJIRA!!!!!!!!!!
post #653 of 6042 Old 01-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Well my guitar went out last night after 8 days of use.

I'm not having any luck with my PS3 lately. First HDMI port went out on Thursday and Guitar went out on Friday. My four-letter vocabulary has been getting a workout the past few days..... sounds like Deadwood in my basement.
post #654 of 6042 Old 01-05-2008, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anyone else cringe at the thought of having to purchase products from a company that replaces its s's with z's?

I flinch almost as bad as when I have to buy something utterly mundane (potato chips, pop) that's labeled as "extreme".

You mean "potato chipz?"
post #655 of 6042 Old 01-05-2008, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm waiting for a double-neck 6/12 string Gibson SG. Then bring on the Led Zeppelin downloads!
post #656 of 6042 Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

I had the chance to try this at Circuit City in Ft Lauderdale the other day. They actually have two of their theater rooms set up - one for Rock Band on the PS3, and one for GH on the 360.

I played drums on GnR's Welcome to the Jungle, and Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive, and it was a BLAST! I had a little crowd around me halfway through the second song. I can see how this game would be a party hit. The only thing that puts me off a bit is that the person singing has to sing over the original vocals. Too bad there isn't the choice to drop the vocals.
post #657 of 6042 Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post

I played drums on GnR's Welcome to the Jungle

In case anyone is expecting it, for whatever reason Welcome to the Jungle is demoed but its not in the actual purchased copies of Rock Band. I don't know if it will be downloadable later (crossing fingers) but its not available right out of the box. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Also, in regards to the original vocal track being too loud... you can turn down the original vocal track and boost your vocals in the sound settings (or on the fly during a song using the controller). I haven't tried completely cutting out the master track, though.
post #658 of 6042 Old 01-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Hmmm. I didn't finish the first song because it was too hard - I got boo'd off the stage! I was sure it was GnR. Maybe I'm wrong, or would they have a demo version?
post #659 of 6042 Old 01-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfilmguy View Post

I'm waiting for a double-neck 6/12 string Gibson SG. Then bring on the Led Zeppelin downloads!

You may need a bow though for dazed and confused...

post #660 of 6042 Old 01-05-2008, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post

I had the chance to try this at Circuit City in Ft Lauderdale the other day. They actually have two of their theater rooms set up - one for Rock Band on the PS3, and one for GH on the 360.

I played drums on GnR's Welcome to the Jungle, and Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive, and it was a BLAST! I had a little crowd around me halfway through the second song. I can see how this game would be a party hit. The only thing that puts me off a bit is that the person singing has to sing over the original vocals. Too bad there isn't the choice to drop the vocals.

Drums on Welcome to the Jungle? Hmm. That's a GH3 song, right? Has it been offered up as Rock Band DLC?

As for the vocals, you can cut the recorded vocals right out if you'd like. Did that over the holidays. Out of a pretty large group coming in and out of the game room, only the kids liked singing like that. The singing part hasn't been all that popular with my family and friends over all. The drums are like crack, however!
Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page