Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzah View Post

Dude dude could you PLEEEEASE take some more gameplay screen shots? I'll send you my sister, she's 17 and hot.

Forget about more COD4 screenshots, how about a picture of Gunzah's sister!

PSN: DirtyPigeon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnslaughtNEM View Post

Could anyone answer me one question? I played the Beta on the 360 and it was great. I noticed the 4 player splitscreen shots that were posted and how they all say Sign In.

Does this mean, finally, we can take 4 players online on a single system into a match with 14 others in CoD4?

That's one thing I hated about the awesome Resistance, 1 player per console online. Or is 4 players limited only to single console deathmatch? Thanks to anyone who knows, and thanks for posting the pics!

Yes I think you can add 3 guest players to play with you. Although was this Online or offline?
post #183 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 04:33 PM

it says join game , not log in. it mean press x in 2nd, 3rd, 4th controller
post #184 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzah View Post

Hey how many of you registered to this forum just to beg for new screen shots? I know I did. You did too, don't lie.

I did too!

But! I read alot of the other sub-forums for information on home theater and components.

This forum helped me decide on my Onkyo 7.1 (without me posting - My bad).
post #185 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Great stuff adam!

How about the connection to the PSN and your friends list? Are you able to send game invites to people outside the game? Do you have full access to your friends list? Is it there at all? Messaging...

...this stuff is pretty important for the online community. Hopefully they utilize the XMB abilities... While some games do, many still do not.

PSN ID: free
Gamertag: X freestyle X
post #186 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:07 PM

Thank you so much for posting the shots and info. You rock sir!!!!!

It takes a big man to admit that he's wrong, I am not a big man!!

LD's-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DVD's-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #187 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post

It can't look like that in game. It's better than the PC demo maxed out.

Actualy it looks just as good on PC.
post #188 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle View Post

Great stuff adam!

How about the connection to the PSN and your friends list? Are you able to send game invites to people outside the game? Do you have full access to your friends list? Is it there at all? Messaging...

...this stuff is pretty important for the online community. Hopefully they utilize the XMB abilities... While some games do, many still do not.

This is huge, Adam can you elaborate on this?
post #189 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I know there's clan tags & parties, but is there any indication that there's a friends/clan list with status (offline, online, in game)?

Sony pay me 10 beeeelion dollars to plant blu-ray seeeeds.
post #190 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 PM

Adam - thanks for the pics, those look great!

Is there any chance you can list the names of the maps for us? Just curious... Thanks!
post #191 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_six_pack View Post

18 players online.

Was the beta 16 players or 18? Not that 2 more or less makes much difference, just curious.
post #192 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:23 PM

why cant i see the pics could you try posting them again or any ideas on how i can see them. it just says photobucket on my computer..
post #193 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I know there's clan tags & parties, but is there any indication that there's a friends/clan list with status (offline, online, in game)?

The only indication is that there is an "Invite Friends" tab when you're in your party... see above pics...

But we don't know if that means "new" friends you make within CoD... or your PSN list... Some games have one or the other... some have both (I like when it is both considering the PSN 50 friend limit).

Also, we don't know if you can send messages to people not currently playing CoD4 (ie offline, in their XMB or on another game). Some games let you send messages out side of the game and then you can launch and join that invite... Others, the players need to be logged into that games servers to use messaging.

As for the Clan Tags... in the 360 beta, all it meant was a tag... there didn't seem to be a clan homepage where you could invite people or leave messages for your clan.. .assign ranks... anything like that... It looks like all they have is the ability to add a clan tag after you've leveled up a bit... But anyone could add any tag... so it isn't like having a connected clan within that game.

post #194 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey View Post

Was the beta 16 players or 18? Not that 2 more or less makes much difference, just curious.

I've heard the 360 will support 16 players. I really didn't want to bring that up because that might derail the thread. We already have one locked COD4 thread.

To be fair though, as someone pointed out, 16-18 players should be more than enough if that's what they designed the maps for.

post #195 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:24 PM

Hey Adam, any chance you could post the names of the sixteen multiplayer maps? That would be incredible.
post #196 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyle View Post

The only indication is that there is an "Invite Friends" tab when you're in your party... see above pics...

But we don't know if that means "new" friends you make within CoD... or your PSN list... Some games have one or the other... some have both (I like when it is both considering the PSN 50 friend limit).

Also, we don't know if you can send messages to people not currently playing CoD4 (ie offline, in their XMB or on another game). Some games let you send messages out side of the game and then you can launch and join that invite... Others, the players need to be logged into that games servers to use messaging.

As for the Clan Tags... in the 360 beta, all it meant was a tag... there didn't seem to be a clan homepage where you could invite people or leave messages for your clan.. .assign ranks... anything like that... It looks like all they have is the ability to add a clan tag after you've leveled up a bit... But anyone could add any tag... so it isn't like having a connected clan within that game.

That kinda sucks. It wouldnt' be too hard to implement clans itself. it would just be a separate "friends" list in game. So basically 2 friends lists, except one is for clan support (of course with the normal features of a clan like clan leaders)

post #197 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:

I've heard the 360 will support 16 players. I really didn't want to bring that up because that might derail the thread. We already have one locked COD4 thread.

To be fair though, as someone pointed out, 16-18 players should be more than enough if that's what they designed the maps for.

Ok, fair enough. I would think the same on both anyways unless one has dedicated servers and one doesn't, which I highly doubt.
post #198 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Beta never did more than 12 players max...

The official Xbox Call of Duty 4 page states 2-16 players online...
The official PlayStation Call of Duty 4 page states 2-18 players online...

However a source in this thread at the Xbox forums (who apparently is talking to IW developer fourzerotwo) got this info:
Quote:

user="just M0NKEY"
whats the maximum amount of players in a match

user="x CHEFS x"
Answer: 18 for the Xbox 360

So that's all we really have. 24 players via system link for the 360 is mentioned in there too.. .I'd assume it is the same for lan play on the PS3.

post #199 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:44 PM

I can't see the images either. Argh!

I might be willing to host them. How many hits would they take? Don't want to max out my account...
post #200 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:45 PM

thx freestyle. I'm guessing that means no dedicate servers then, if so then why would they have more for system link games than online?
post #201 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey View Post

thx freestyle. I'm guessing that means no dedicate servers then, if so then why would they have more for system link games than online?

simple answer? The connection speed over Lan is faster.
post #202 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemeris View Post

simple answer? The connection speed over Lan is faster.

I guess I assumed wrongly that having dedicated servers didn't change lag having 2 players to above 40.
post #203 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Well it appears that the maps for all versions (PC included) are designed for 18... but there's no limit for the PCs with the dedicated servers (as stated by an IW developer in a video interview)...

So IF the PS3 uses dedicated servers, it could be possible that, depending on bandwidth, you could go higher than the 18 limit just like the PS3... But we've seen nothing yet that says either console will be able to exceed the stated 18.

post #204 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 05:58 PM

Is this a title I have to preorder or wait in line for at 9AM in the morning at Best Buy/Futureshop? Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not a gamer and this seems to be a must buy game for everyone. Before I had a PS3, I remember when big titles came out, the stores would advertise to pre-order to reserve your copy (I didn't understand what the big fuss was about at the time...do games really sell out?). They do this for DVDs all the time but you know the stores have a gazillion copies and I've never seen a DVD sold out before. I'm hoping to just be able to walk into one of those stores on opening day and pick one up but if its better to pre-order, I will.
post #205 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookerman View Post

Is this a title I have to preorder or wait in line for at 9AM in the morning at Best Buy/Futureshop? Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not a gamer and this seems to be a must buy game for everyone. Before I had a PS3, I remember when big titles came out, the stores would advertise to pre-order to reserve your copy (I didn't understand what the big fuss was about at the time...do games really sell out?). They do this for DVDs all the time but you know the stores have a gazillion copies and I've never seen a DVD sold out before. I'm hoping to just be able to walk into one of those stores on opening day and pick one up but if its better to pre-order, I will.

I think you'll be safe finding a copy at walmart without pre-ordering. It seems people forget about walmart, and they also generally order the most copies.
post #206 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpatrickb View Post

I think you'll be safe finding a copy at walmart without pre-ordering. It seems people forget about walmart, and they also generally order the most copies.

I couldn't find Naruto for wii, it was all sold out at walmart, though they had copies at GS
post #207 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
both quotes from fourzerotwo

"Both versions, Xbox 360 and PS3 have the same number of players.

They both have 16 players max, except on Ground War gametype which has 18 players max. On BOTH consoles.

This applies to RANKED games on both consoles. Keep in mind you can have 18 players in private matches on any gametype on both consoles."

"Ground War is a specific 18 player playlists in Multiplayer. Essentially, it's exactly what it sounds like. Lots of people, lots of death. I'll let you experience it for yourself in a week."
post #208 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

For those of you having issues seeing the photos... it could be that the photobucket account is hitting its bandwidth limit...

Here are all the shots re-hosted to save adam828 some bandwidth and allow everyone to get their eyes on these beauties!

tacticalopsunit.com- CoD4 PS3 Retail Copy Screenshots - Courtesy of adam828@avsform.com

post #209 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 06:12 PM

Adam!!!!!!!!!!!, i know you must be playing the game, and most possibly tired of us and our demand for pics, but could you please post some gameplay pics!, we beg youuuuuu. just think in the position we are right know. thank you in advanced. and thnkx for all those pics you already posted. you rock!
post #210 of 703 Old 10-30-2007, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUGEN View Post

both quotes from fourzerotwo

"Both versions, Xbox 360 and PS3 have the same number of players.

They both have 16 players max, except on Ground War gametype which has 18 players max. On BOTH consoles.

This applies to RANKED games on both consoles. Keep in mind you can have 18 players in private matches on any gametype on both consoles."

"Ground War is a specific 18 player playlists in Multiplayer. Essentially, it's exactly what it sounds like. Lots of people, lots of death. I'll let you experience it for yourself in a week."

Thank you for the # of online players clarification

Reply PlayStation Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page