1st time poster. Hope somebody can give me advise.
I bought a 42" Grand Wega LCD projection back in 2003. I never had the opportunity to test 720p or 1080i signal until my PS3 purchase last month.
I am not a tech person so I do not know terminology that much, but when I watch blu-ray movies and/or play vido games I notice:
1. On fast sequences on movies, the image gets kinda "blocky?"
2. Or a really good example is when I play ratchet and clank ps3, during the loading screens (when the ship goes in and out or hyper space, I notice a lot of "blocking" or large square-like pixels mostly around the border/edges of an image that has light to darker contrasts..
3. I use an generic hdmi to dvi (since the 1st gen grand wega has no hdmi)
4, When I watch basic cable or dvd (480p) I do not see any problems...only when I started using ps3.
What I heard:
1. My 1st gen TV sucks, it cannot really support the demands of HD signal that well
2. I just hook up PS3 via component instead (that's what sony customer support said)
Any feedback pls? I would hate to realize I paid 4 grand on a TV 4 years ago that cannot perform as advertised.