AVS Forum banner

Need help connecting Wii to Samsung via A/V Reciever

15K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SbuxKing 
#1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to connect my Wii component cables to my PIONEER VSX-918V receiver and then from receiver to the LCD TV via HDMI. My receiver can up convert.

I'm using the 'DVR/VCR' port on the receiver. I get sound , but no picture.

Any help is appreciated. I notice that others on here are having the same issue.

#3 ·

Hello,

I am trying to connect my Wii component cables to my PIONEER VSX-918V receiver and then from receiver to the LCD TV via HDMI. My receiver can up convert.

I'm using the 'DVR/VCR' port on the receiver. I get sound , but no picture.

Any help is appreciated. I notice that others on here are having the same issue.[/QUOTE

I have my Wii through component to my Yamaha receiver, then through HDMI to my Samsung plasma. I have no issues, but with my receiver, I needed to assign my VCR/DVR input a component input, as it defaults to the composite input. Since you are getting sound, but no video, I am betting that is your issue as well. Look in your manual and see if there is a section on 'assigning a component input'. Hope this helps, or at least doesn't confuse you too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.