AV Receiver Suggestion for Retro Consoles - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One of my New Years resolutions was to get my Retro Gaming Theater set up and I wanted to see if you guys could help me out with a suggestion on what kind of receiver would be best for what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a Saturn (S-Video), a Dreamcast (S-Video), a PS2 (Component or S-Video) and a DVD Player (Component) that I want to send to the Receiver which would then either upconvert all of the inputs to the Projector through Component or send through a Component and an S-Video feed.

My goal for a projector is either a used Infocus X1 or Sharp XR-10, mainly because most of my content will be 480i, 4:3 video and these PJ's seems to handle this kind of content the best. As a result, I am trying to find a receiver that will just upconvert S-Video to Component and allow me to switch between systems. This is my first experience with receivers so if just about every receiver can handle this, please excuse my ignorance.

If I can't find one of these PJ's though, my real question is whether anyone knows of an A/V Receiver that can process 480i content to look decent on a newer PJ? This is my main concern because while I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, I do want to find a solution that will make my games look good on a large screen (something I couldn't get done on my HDTV).

So any help or experience you guys have would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page