Connect Gamecube to two TV's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-09-2009, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, technically not two TV's, but one TV and one capture device. I have a USB capture card that I'd like to use to record some game play, but there is a slight lag between button presses and actually seeing the action on the monitor. So I'm wondering what a good (and cheap) way would be to hook up the Gamecube to the capture card (using S-Video) and to a TV (I don't care what connection is used for that). That way I can play on the TV while I record using the capture card.

I understand that using a 'Y' S-Video splitter is not an optimal solution and will result in signal loss. I was wondering if something like this would suffer from the same problem? (With me hooking up the S-Video output to the capture card and the composite output to the TV?) Or alternatively are there any other cheap (<$30 USD) ways to go about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-10-2009, 05:56 PM

I suffered signal loss from hooking a Y adapter to all three of my cables, but I adjusted the brightness (I work all Composite though).

But that's with the Wii. For the Playstation/Xbox/Gamecube, I use that kind of adapter. I hook the S-Video to the TV (or capture device) and the composite to whatever is not being used, then I use the Y-adapter to split the audio for both the TV and the computer.

Just don't keep connecting and disconnecting, because eventually your stuff is gonna get ruined.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-11-2009, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

So there won't be any deterioration of quality on the S-Video hookup if I hook up both the S-Video (to the capture card) and the composite (to a TV) at the same time? I didn't quite get what you meant by my stuff getting ruined though.
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page