Geforce 295 DVI to Component? Possible? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-17-2009, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My last video card had s-video with a component cable so I could connect it to the tv. This one only has 2 dvi ports + hdmi.

I want output to component so I bought a dvi-i -> component cable but it doesn't work. I'm not sure if it's even supposed to work - does it?

If not, the card came with a dvi->vga adapter. There are cables for vga to component aswell - will that work? it seems the same as straight dvi to component with an extra step though...

Is it possible to do this without an expensive converter?

Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-17-2009, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
DVI to VGA and then VGA to Component will work if your TV/Monitor is looking for an RGB signal through the Component input, this is very rare, but some TV's do have a separate source setting for VGA-Component. What type of TV are you using that doesn't have any HDMI or even a VGA?
post #3 of 6 Old 06-17-2009, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 447
http://www.avdgear.com/ProductDetail...tCode=VCDICMM2

Our DVI-I to component video adapter cables provide the highest quality video performance available. This product will not convert a digital source to an analog conponent video source such as a digital DVI-D or a digital HDMI video source. This DVI to component video adapter cable allows you to convert seemlessly between DVI-I and 3 RCA RGB component video formats. The DVI-I to component video adapter cables make it easy to connect and display content from DVI compatible electronics, PC’s, or gaming systems to your HDTV system our high resolution monitor. DVI-I cables allow for transmission of both digital and analog video signals making it backward compatable with older DVI systems. Our DVI-I cable can carry uncompressed high-definition video in all high definition formats, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. It supports DDWG standard for DVI compliant monitors and is HDCP compliant. AVDgear’s DVI-I cables have corrosion resistant gold plated contacts and shielded cable jackets to greatly improve signal quality and to minimize unwanted noise to provide unsurpassed image resolution and quality. Its dual link capability allows for high speed video, with resolutions up to 2048x1536 at bandwidths greater than 330MHz.

Features

Our DVI-I to component video adapter cables provide unsurpassed uncompressed high-definition television in all formats, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p
Requires a DVI-I connector format to carry the analog component video signal and will not work with digital only DVI-D electronic devices, please check your connection format or see our DVI tutorial for more infomation
Please note this cable only functions with a DVI-I connection and is not compatible with being used to connect a digital DVI-D or a HDMI source to an analog component video source
This DVI-I to Component Video Cable is Fully HDCP Compliant
Allows seemless conversion between DVI-I and 3RCA RGB based component video systems
DVI-I to component video adapter cables are capable of supporting high performance monitor resolutions up to 2048 by 1536
The DVI to component video adapter cable's shielding allows for maximum signal transfer with minimal interference for a clearer picture
DVI-I's to component video adapter cables ability to carry both digital and analog video signals allows for backward campatability with older DVI formats
The dual link construction of this DVI-I cable allows for video display bandwidths up to 300MHz

The 5.0 is here
post #4 of 6 Old 06-17-2009, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

I have a mitsibishi HD1000u projector that I have component cables running with (I have PS3 & Xbox setup with it also).

I don't know if the video card is DVI-I or DVI-D because I've seen it listed as both and can't find any proper specs.

I tried a DVI-I to component cable like the one there at avdgear but it didn't do anything.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-17-2009, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Why not just use the HDMI or VGA input on your PJ? Either of those would give vastly superior results for PC use. Also it looks like your PJ will accept component video through the VGA input.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-17-2009, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

I have a component cable laid already, I don't want to run another cable.
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page