Help for playing pc game over HDMI using TV as a monitor - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-07-2009, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So here is my issue. I have a decent gaming laptop, the Gateway FX P-7805u with an Nvidia 9800. I also have a Samsung plasma (PN58B860) with a Denon receiver in between. So I have hooked up my laptop to my tv over HDMI and so far, no problem. I can see my desktop fine, hear sound, surf the web and everything looks great. However, when I go to start up one of my pc games (with the intent of using my tv as a bigger screen), basically the computer goes crazy (i know, not really technically accurate) but basically freezes and starts blinking on and off to a black screen. Not really even sure where to start, I have changed the resolution on my computer with no improvement. Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-08-2009, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I'm assuming the resolution that the game is set to play at is not supported by your display. Start the game without being hooked up to the plasma, change the resolution to perhaps the same resolution as your desktop, restart, and see if it shows up properly on your plasma.

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page