Originally Posted by akshaymgupte87
1) Should I go for 7.1ch or should I go higher as the content available is max for 7.1ch?
Depends on your seating within the room but 7.1 should be more than adequate.
2) Should I spend less on the subwoofer and concentrate more on the central speaker as I do not want much bass but want to hear crystal clear dialogues from movies.?
Depends on your budget.
3) What are reference speakers and in what manner is it different from floor standing speakers.
"Reference" is a marketing term and should be regarded only as a way that manufacturers distinguish their better offerings from their lesser offerings. It is useless as a way to compare between manufacturers. Alternatives to floor standing speakers are stand-mounted, wall-mounted and in-wall. All are purely descriptive terms.
4) Should I opt for a complete set of speakers or should I select components one by one if so should I stick with a same company (which ever you suggest of course) or should I go for diff components from diff companies.?
All the speakers, especially the front L,C,R, should be timbre-matched and, therefore, from the same model line of the same manufacturer. Matching of the sides/surrounds is useful but less necessary. Whether buy a preselected set or pick your own is irrelevant.
5) Should I opt for cinema speakers instead?
What do you
mean by that?
6) Should I go only for THX certified products?
So I would like you to recommend me some products as I am a newbie and it is easy to get lost in a sea of products where everyone claims to be the best. I also would like you to tell me each and every component of a home theater satisfying my above mentioned needs to the finest detail.
Too much work. With your unlimited budget, you would be best hiring a certified custom installer who can configure the whole thing for you including the absolutely essential acoustical treatments for your room.