Unable to operate PS3 using component cables - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-13-2011, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all.

I am currently trying to connect my Sony PS3 to my LCD tv (VIVO 40" Full HD LCD) using standard component cables (Red/Green/Blue + Red/White).

I have just attempted to hook the cables up few minutes ago, but for some unknown reason they do not appear to be working. Obviously the RCA jacks are all colour-coded, so you would think the connection process would be pretty straight forward. Insert end of component cable into PS3, and insert Blue/Green/Red + Red/White RCA jacks into corresponding inputs on tv. However when I then go to select 'Component/D-Terminal' in the PS3 video output settings, I get a blank screen everytime before I am again asked to select another connector. Apparently this means that I did not select the correct connector. In other words, it appears as if either the PS3 console or my tv is not recognizing the component cables.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? Surely the cables themselves cannot be faulty, as I purchased them brand new yesterday.

Also, I should note that I am able to run the PS3 using composite cables (Red/White/Yellow) just fine, but only at standard resolution obviously.
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page