Suggestions wanted regarding what TV to get - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings folks,

A while back my LCDTV started displaying it's HDMI channels with a strange bluish tint over the image. Try as I might I have not been able to get rid of it. I tried changing colour sats and so on with no effect. Since the TV was bought 2008-2009 and the place I bought it from has ****** policies(I now know), I can't take it to them to have it fixed. Usually the costs of having it repaired without the guarantee are so high as to be a less viable solution than just buying a new TV.

So, my current TV is a Samsung LE40535, I use it for PC and PS3 as well as watching movies. While it wasn't emotionally destroying me with it's blue tint from hell, it was great for all of the above. I'm wary of new TVs because of all this fuss with "input lag" and since I can still currently use the DVI channel for the PC.

A TV i've been looking at is SAMSUNG UE-40EH5300 40" LED FULL-HD, it seems to be pretty good and I can get it at a decent price. I've looked at a few of the different types of TV and since I use the PC most of the time I think Plasma is out because of that slight chance of burn-in. I'm at work now so I don't have the full list of TVs I've looked at but when I get home I can update this post with a few more models.
Reply General Gaming Help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page