Gamepad users! Which controller that you've used has had the best analog stick(s)? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-03-2012, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Title says it all. Out of every gamepad you've used, which would you rate above the rest for the best analog sticks?

I'm talking longevity; how long it's able to hold up to usage without breaking or losing it's stiffness in the default location (resulting in a drifting cursor/character)
Another very important factor being smoothness and ease of movement; basically precision.

What is it? If somebody has a controller they hold above others that you've tried and disagree, say so! I want to find the best analog sticks available.

(Why am I asking this? I want to replace the analog sticks in my 360 controllers, as a side project more than anything. I'll worry about whether it will fit or not)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-06-2012, 01:44 PM

Liked: 93
You've already found it with the 360 gamepad. Yes, they eventually drift, but by then you've gotten 500 hours of use out of your $40 toy. If you are absolutely concerned with the quality of motion, just buy a new 360 gamepad. Any replacement parts you'll find in the wild are going to be of questionable origin. Maybe they'll be original, maybe they'll be cheap knock-offs. You won't know until you install them and find them to be crap.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 PM

Liked: 18
I have XBOX 360 controllers on my HTPC, I even have the "upgraded" silver ones. I do not find the analog sticks to be acceptable or accurate. I cannot speak too much about what is better since I have not tried much else for much time because for practical reason XBOX controllers just work with more games and what not.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-04-2012, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I currently use two xbox 360 controllers for my HTPC, 1st for over 2 years and second for a year. The receiver did fail on the 1st one though, they apparently made a hardware change some time ago that fixed the issue.
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page