The audio lag grows worse the TV is on - Samsung TV and Xbox 360 - AVS Forum
General Gaming Help > The audio lag grows worse the TV is on - Samsung TV and Xbox 360
sharksmile's Avatar sharksmile 02:43 PM 02-26-2013
Hi, I recently bought a new Samsung Active Shutter 3D 200 HZ HDTV. But I have a big problem with Xbox 360 (couldn't try it with PS3 yet). I'm thinking that the cause is the TV, not the Xbox 360.

It doesn't matter if I play games or let the Xbox 360 sit there on the menu in idle mode, audio lag comes into play after about 2 hours. Yeah, at first everything is fine and after two hours, there is a slightly noticable and quite annoying delay in the audio. If I let it sit there like 4 hours, an half a second audio lag will occur and it will be very noticable. If I let it sit there on the menu (not playing games mind you, on the menu) for 8 hours, 1 second lag will occur and so on. I've managed to get it to lag it like 4 seconds so far.

When I switch the source from HDMI to some other source and then back to the HDMI, audio fixes itself.

I've tried three HDMI cables: two 1.3, one 1.4. No luck. I've tried the Xbox 360 on another TV and after 8 hours there was no audio lag. I've updated the firmware on my TV and I've updated my Xbox 360. Problem still occurs.

I've tried fiddling with service menu with no luck. It didn't get worse, it didn't get better.

So what causes this? What can be the possible explanation? Please enlighten me.

darklordjames's Avatar darklordjames 02:28 AM 02-27-2013
That is a really bizarre error. The 360 is a really well-known quantity at this point, so I would blame the TV. It sounds like the display is buffering the HDMI audio a bit, and the act of buffering slowly loses sync over time.

Is the TV still within the return policy? That's some pretty unacceptable performance. Also, use a PS3, HDMI-DVD player, or Bluray player to check if it happens with everything over HMDI.
redwolf4k's Avatar redwolf4k 08:36 AM 04-29-2013
It is my understanding when the set is introducing image smoothing processing, such as dejudder, that a delay in created, and the audio is adjusted to compensate. Perhaps there is some sort of bug present here?

Did you try activating "Game Mode" in the system settings?
lucaluk's Avatar lucaluk 01:42 AM 05-20-2013
Hi! I bought a 200hz 3d hd tv from samsung too. And i got EXACTLY the same problem!! Did you found any solution to this annoying augio lag??
sharksmile's Avatar sharksmile 08:45 AM 11-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucaluk View Post

Hi! I bought a 200hz 3d hd tv from samsung too. And i got EXACTLY the same problem!! Did you found any solution to this annoying augio lag??

No. These sets are probably faulty and Samsung Service Center in my country (Turkey) flat out refused to fix it. Please avoid the UE40EH6030 'codenamed' TV sets (that's UN40EH6030 for North America) if you don't want to bump into this problem.
Up
Mobile  Desktop