need help building my first gaming rig - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm fed up with consoles and would like to switch to pc but need some help building one. My budget is $ 500-600. I will be playing mostly star craft 2, dota 2, bf3, and crysis 3. Is it possible with my budget to play bf3 and crysis 3 on high settings with an fps over 30 ?. I already have a keyboard,,mouse, and monitor which would be my 40 inch 1080p lcd tv. I plan on buying my parts on newegg a day Frys electronics but I'm open to any other place too. I will need an network adapter btw. I'm such a noob and wo u ld greatly appreciate some words of wisdom from any pc gamer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 AM

Spec PC

I just put this pc together now for you. It is a little higher then you price range, but look at it. and if there is stuff you can salvage from other things like hdd, and so on, price will go down.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-28-2013, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 449
I would suggest posting in the HTPC section. Very few people venture in this "General Gaming Help" sub-category.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 AM

Do you have a microcenter near by? They often have great deals on cpu/board combos.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NIoE

It's $700, but you can easily cut $40 from the case I went with an expensive one. You could save another 15-30 on the power supply but I gave you a more future proof one you could reuse on your next build. Hard drive was just a guess, and a decent starting point to see price to storage ratio. Can save 90 on windows if you have a copy or a student and can get a copy cheap/free or know a student. You could save another $20 on the board if you go to a slightly worse board, and it may be worth saving the money considering it's a budget build. It's doable to get a decent enough rig in that price range. This is atleast a base outline to work off of. Plus if you have a microcenter you can save more buying the CPU and board there. So some minor tweaks and watching for sales or reuisng old parts can get you a decent mid range gaming rig in that price.

Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page