Trouble With Xbox Audio Cutting Out? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-25-2013, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everybody I just created an account to get help with this. I just bought a 1000w RCA home theater system, with 5.1 surround sound. I have my Xbox 360 (Original, not the S) connected to the receiver using HDMI, then using a second HDMI cable, going from my receiver to my HDTV. It works very nicely with great quality audio and video, but then about every 5 - 10 minutes or so, the audio will cut out. I will still have the video from the game, but I won't hear anything. The only way I am able to fix this is to test the tone or turn off my receiver and turn it back on. This didn't happen before I got my home theater system and I am starting to wonder if I did something wrong or if it is defective. This is getting very frustrating and I would very much appreciate any advice that you guys have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-07-2013, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Have you tried swapping out each of the HDMI cables with different ones? Is the Xbox 360 set to Dolby Digital output?

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11
Reply General Gaming Help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page