Help mphfrom77 get a pc for multiple uses - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 86 Old 08-24-2013, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Here's a few videos I have made in the past year or so of myself and many AVS friends playing together. Sure I would like to continue making gaming videos, only much better ones. But I also want to get a couple cameras both for video and photography, and do some videos. I see some of those being more private, but also some to upload to sites like YouTube.

My channel now is non profit, but I would soon like to look into making a channel for profit. But I have never looked into what all that entails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 86 Old 08-25-2013, 05:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 1346
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

^^ Thanks, yeah doing a little research my case does not have the standoffs pre-installed, from what I understand. I'll probably try to find a good youtube video of the EVO 212 install. I considered returning my RAM for higher Mhz G.Skill, but just decided to keep mine and not to mess with returning mine. In researching my RAM's version number it looks like it has Micron IC's (one of the reasons I was originally considering Corsair's 2400 was the good reviews on its Samsung IC's...but they may have changed it to Hynix post launch from what I understand...but since no one has them in stock I wonder if there is some type of issue with that kit's supply line...don't know / don't care anymore really, since I am just sticking with my Corsair 1866 Micron 16gb kit.)

As soon as I opened the keyboard box I pulled it out and fake typed on it, and was kind of surprised a little. It seemed different than I had imagined. I could see myself really liking it I think.
Thanks for the input, again.

I am afraid that I might have to use a good portion of that 100ft to route properly to the pc. Is there any issue that a run of that length can cause? Lag? I figured there would not be, but really didn't research it.

BTW, you guys are probably going to laugh at me, but I am putting the build off until this Tues/Wed as that will be my off days this week. I got a little busy this past week, as well as I just was not ready to start it. But I am going to do it this week, so I am getting excited.

Also, you guys might laugh at me, but I am now considering a gtx780.

A couple reasons why:

-This may very well be my only attempt at a pc with gaming capability. I actually have only been gaming on an xbox for 4 years. Prior to that I hadn't played video games in over 10 years (console), but had never played online. Not long ago recently I actually considered just to stop playing altogether, as I felt maybe I was too old (35). It was one of those moments where my age kind made me feel odd or something. I'm glad I got to experience online gaming as opposed to missing it altogether. But I'm not sure how long I will keep doing it, but I figure, now, at least a couple more years. So taking this into perspective, this is one reason why I am now thinking about spending $200-400 more on a GPU than I was originally, and lately considering, especially if my current purchased build will support it.

-I have never gamed on a pc before. I only play online multiplayer fps games with my xbox360 (well online I have only ever played 3 games...Halo 3, Halo Reach, and BF3), but I figure that will change with this build, as I would like to explore more types of games. I'm actually looking forward to trying out completely different types of games. Things like Skyrim for example (even though I really don't know what that game is all about). I figure for BF4 I will want to try and be as competitive as I can, so I went with a TN panel. I'm competitive like that, sort of, I guess. But I think I want to try out one of those Korean PLS 1440p monitors for most games besides BF4. Lately these monitors have been selling for $260 shipped, for a 27". I know I will most likely have to have a strong single card or dual cards, if I want great performance on that type of monitor.

-I see it time and time again, that one card is preferred over dual lesser cards. I don't want to wait a couple months for the new AMD cards, as I would like to start playing BF3, possiby BF4 beta, and even some new to me games.I figure the 780 will be very nice for 2-3 years, and later on for the right price maybe I could consider SLI. Nvidia seems to get great reviews for the gpu support post purchase.

-I already purchased a monitor which supports Nvidia's lightboost.

-Supposedly Nvidia cards, or more specifically a gtx780, will do great for video editing. If I do indeed dive deeper into this, a card like the 780 might prove very beneficial.

-Shadowplay seems like it could be nice if they ever get it up and running (reason for going with a newer Nvidia).

-But like I said, take all of those reasons, and then the trump card for me really is that this may be my one shot at this, and at this point I am indeed considering stepping up. Though I do feel a little sheepish about considering a card of that price and caliber. I mean, I am a noob and others could use and appreciate it right off the bat way more than I will, I would imagine.

-But AMD is having great deals right now, and many would say I should just wait for the new models.

-IDK

Go with your heart lol. I dunno why you'd feel like your age should prevent you from doing what you enjoy (I'm 33, married with kids on the way, and I plan on playing games and watching cartoons till I kick the bucket), but if this is your last chance, you might as well go balls to the wall. Your build can more than handle it, and unlike the cooler, there will actually be a functional difference. 

mphfrom77 likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #63 of 86 Old 08-26-2013, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I agree with bd. lol At this point, just go with whatever you feel will best serve your needs. I personally don't think that the performance difference between the 770 and the 780 is worth the price premium, but if you 're gonna go all out, might as well go big. You'll certainly be set for a couple years with that thing.

And some good sniping there. I tend to run with PDWs when I'm playing Recon, but if I do use a bolt action rifle, I tend to use iron sights/short range scope. Like this. One of the few times I did long distance sniping was when you had to get like a 350m headshot for one of the camos (I hated some of those assignments =\). I tried doing it while being near the action, but that wasn't working so I just said screw it and camped from spawn. You see me jumping around a little after unlocking it since I hate long-range sniping and was pretty happy to not have to do it again. lol
mphfrom77 likes this.
post #64 of 86 Old 08-28-2013, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I finally got everything put together and it powered up seemingly fine. I Installed Windows 8 to my SSD.

I am currently trying to update drivers and windows and whatnot.

I'm not sure what is more confusing, learning about the parts and then putting them together. Or trying to get everything running properly.

So far so good.

I have been getting a little bit of help today over here...http://www.overclock.net/t/1422384/noob-any-last-minute-tips-before-i-power-up-any-tips-period/0_50

I definitely could build another one much faster now. But I still have to make sure this one is indeed setup properly.

People keep telling me to stress test it after I get all the drivers installed and windows updated. But no one tells me what that means. Do you guys know any good stress tests to make sure the pc is indeed working properly?

I am pretty excited that it is working so far.

I need a good mouse pad (prefer it to be nice for gaming). Any suggestions?

Not the best pictures.

post #65 of 86 Old 08-28-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Looks like you did great - took it nice and slow, asked good questions. Clean install, nice airflow. Temps under 30deg are awesome, I rarely get that. redface.gif You just need to put a kick-ass videocard in there and you are set for some serious gaming.

For stress-test, the most common way is getting a core temp program like RealTempGT or Core Temp, and then run Prime95 - here's instructions.

Keep us updated! smile.gif
mphfrom77 likes this.

Sub-1080p/60fps is not next-gen.

Console gamers curious/interested in PC gaming? Click here.
post #66 of 86 Old 08-28-2013, 08:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I'm sure a place like overclockers would tell you to stress test it. It's all they know. tongue.gif

If its still running, it's fine, don't worry about it. If it wasn't stable running at stock, you'd know by now. You did good.
mphfrom77 likes this.

post #67 of 86 Old 08-29-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

That's very clean. Nicely done.

And lol@bd. He's right though. But if you really want to stress your PC, I'd actually recommend IntelBurnTest over Prime95. Not too long ago I did a series of tests to see which program stressed my CPU the hardest. I tested IBT, Prime95, OCCT and LinX. They're all good, but IBT seemed to push it harder than the others. Of course, that's just from my own personal tests and I'm sure results will vary.

When you get your GPU, you can use the Heaven and Valley benchmarks from Unigine. There is some debate as to their effectiveness, but they're free, and they do a good enough job.

Edit: As for the gaming pad, I use a SteelSeries myself. As you can see, there are several options (I prefer cloth) and they vary in price.
DaverJ and mphfrom77 like this.
post #68 of 86 Old 08-29-2013, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

What kind of gpu do you guys have? Do you like it? How long before you think you will get a new one?

I'm having trouble decided what will give me the best value over time.

Any thoughts?
post #69 of 86 Old 08-29-2013, 06:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I've got a GTX 760, I like it, it runs everything well at 1080p.

Buying GPUs is easy, you basically get what you pay for.
mphfrom77 likes this.

post #70 of 86 Old 08-29-2013, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Which model / brand did you select, and why?

How long do you think it will last you?
post #71 of 86 Old 08-29-2013, 06:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

MSI I think? It reviewed as having the quietest fan out of all of them.

I'm a pretty frequent upgrader, I usually just resell the old one and buy something a little better every year or so.
mphfrom77 likes this.

post #72 of 86 Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

I'm a pretty frequent upgrader, I usually just resell the old one and buy something a little better every year or so.
Same. It's been almost a year since my last upgrade, so I'm waiting to see what AMD does with the new cards. Generally speaking, I won't upgrade unless I see double the performance in most applications. My last upgrade was from a 6950 to a 7970GHz. Got the new card for about $360 and sold my old one for about $160. Not too shabby. I have 0 brand loyalty though when it comes to AMD/Nvidia, so I just go for the current best value. tongue.gif
mphfrom77 likes this.
post #73 of 86 Old 08-29-2013, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm running dual-670s in SLI. Gigabyte, but just because my motherboard was a Gigabyte too. They don't use the Nvidia reference design, so I liked the idea they were trying to improve upon the standard. But it probably doesn't matter.

I only game at 1080p on, so it could be argued that going SLI was money wasted - but it doesn't bother me. I learned I can scale games beyond 1080p, so now I sometimes have the game render at 3200x1800 and have the card scale it back to 1080p - this softens the jaggies, especially when AA is applied, and makes 1080p appear even high-res then it is. It looks great, an there's little to no framerate hit doing this, probably because of the dual-GPUs.

I don't know how long these GPUs will last me, but they perform great with everything I'm currently playing, so I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon. Maybe after another generation or two? Dunno.

Decide how much more you want to throw at your build. I like Nvidia, so that's what I would recommend. I've had good luck with Gigabyte, MSI, and EVGA. If you want to keep your GPU budget around $260, go with a 2gig GTX760. If $300 isn't too much and you think you might want to do muti-monitor and/or SLI someday, then bump that up to the 4gig model. If $400 is doable, aim for a 2gig GTX770, or the 4gig model for an extra $50 or so. Above $500 for a GPU you are getting into diminishing returns, which isn't necessarily a bad thing (said the guy with $760 worth of GPU in his build). Just know the extra performance from something like a 780 or Titan doesn't equate with the extra money you'll spend in terms of bang-for-buck.

Head to AnandTech's 2013 GPU bench and compare some of the GPUs you are looking at to see where you want to be and how much to spend.

If I had your build, I would probably put this guy in it because it seems like a good sweet spot between cost and performance. Or, if you're thinking about multi-monitors and don't mind spending an extra $50, then this one would do the trick.
mphfrom77 likes this.

post #74 of 86 Old 08-30-2013, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Looks great mph, and congrats on your first build.

I like that you didn't mess around with a cheap starter, and instead went for it with gusto. Same thing you did with your sub wink.gif Anyhow looks sweet.

Soon you'll be enjoying the best graphics around. You'll probably throw up if you go back to 360 graphics.

post #75 of 86 Old 08-30-2013, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ah...got a auto notification that these came back in stock, so I ordered form Newegg. It should be here sometime early next week I guess. Not real happy that I spent $680, but hopefully it buys me peace of mind as far as not worrying about upgrading for a couple years.

EVGA GTX 780 Classified with their non reference design ACX 2 fan cooler and the card has a dual bios option to prevent bricking it when overclocking / flashing the bios. http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=03G-P4-3788-KR

I didn't consider stepping up to this tier until recently. I tried to weigh my options, and in the end I felt a 780 now, if I could make it last, really wouldn't be too much more than upgrading once or twice during that same ownership period. Only time will tell I guess.

I assume this card will last me a pretty long time. I am assuming I will not have to dedicate any thought towards upgrading for at least 2 years, but I of all people really don't know. Just sounds relaxing, honestly, not worrying about upgrading the gpu anytime soon. I feared I would have done that with lesser cards. Having said that, it would be nice if this card could last me 4 years, if I am still gaming by then.

I considered EVGA 90 step up program as a viable option to curtail any drastic price drops over the next 3 months, but in the end I decided that could get be a headache.

I'm sure I would have been fine with other models, but what can I say. I went for it.

I'm really looking forward to trying out some BF3 now.
post #76 of 86 Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I assume this card will last me a pretty long time. I am assuming I will not have to dedicate any thought towards upgrading for at least 2 years, but I of all people really don't know. Just sounds relaxing, honestly, not worrying about upgrading the gpu anytime soon. I feared I would have done that with lesser cards. Having said that, it would be nice if this card could last me 4 years, if I am still gaming by then.

This build can easily last you 4 years if you adjust your expectations. This year you'll be able to pick your resolution and maintain a great framerate and graphics options on just about any game. And in 4 years you might have to dial down some of the graphics and/or frames-per-second on some of the games pushing future PCs, but they might still run well.

Here's the thing though - dialing down the graphics on today's modern games for older PCs that were top-of-the-line 4 years ago still looks pretty darn good. So in 4 years, if you can accept not setting the graphics on "Ultra", or settling for 30fps instead of 60, or resist playing on three 4k monitors, your current build will still probably look and play great down the road. And that's *if* you don't upgrade.

Your computer is way above spec for BF3. wink.gif

post #77 of 86 Old 09-02-2013, 04:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

This build can easily last you 4 years if you adjust your expectations. This year you'll be able to pick your resolution and maintain a great framerate and graphics options on just about any game. And in 4 years you might have to dial down some of the graphics and/or frames-per-second on some of the games pushing future PCs, but they might still run well.

Here's the thing though - dialing down the graphics on today's modern games for older PCs that were top-of-the-line 4 years ago still looks pretty darn good. So in 4 years, if you can accept not setting the graphics on "Ultra", or settling for 30fps instead of 60, or resist playing on three 4k monitors, your current build will still probably look and play great down the road. And that's *if* you don't upgrade.

Your computer is way above spec for BF3. wink.gif

I have a feeling he's gonna get a taste for the finer things in life by jumping in the deep end like this. He'll prob be able to push a locked 120fps in BF4 maxed out....he'll never be able to settle for 30fps. That'd be like stepping into a yaris when the only car you've ever driven is an S-class.

post #78 of 86 Old 09-04-2013, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well it's a good thing I love me a Toyota 4 cylinder with a manual transmission (though IMO their engineering excellence peaked late 90's).

I'm sure later on down the road I'll consider sli for the right price, but I kind of considered that when trying to make this build last a while and I kind of used that mentality when hoping this gpu could last me as long as I hope.

I haven't had much time to do to much on this pc yet. No fun time as far as making videos or anything yet.

I had over 400gb of video capture from bf3 just sitting on my old laptop that I had yet to go through. I figured I would transfer those files over to this desktop, and to my surprise it was way more complicated than I thought. First I tried to hookup the 2 pc's via a usb 2 cable and couldn't figure out how to transfer the files, so then I tried an ethernet cable, also to no avail. I thought wtf, how stupid am I after giving up on setting up some type of home sharing transfer thing.

I pulled out the trusted screw driver and yanked out the damn hdd from the laptop and hooked it up to the desktop via the sata cables, and downloaded / copied all the files I wanted pretty fast. Problem solved.

Guess I need to invest in a couple USB memory sticks for anything in the future. Anything I need to know about USB sticks?

I received my graphics card today, but I don't think I will have any time to open it up, install it and play around with it until the next couple of days. I'm actually a little scared as far as learning how to play a video game with a keyboard and mouse. Hopefully the BF3 instructions for key layout is pretty simple. The picture settings things I'm also a little afraid of. I guess I'll figure it out soon enough.

I'll probably dive into some video creation first. I'm really looking forward to checking that out. I purchased a cheap little editing software about a year and a half ago, Cyberlink PowerDirector 10. In a little research lately, from what I understand, this software uses CUDA. So I believe the editing process will be much better than what I have worked with in the past. I think I will actually be able to fluidly preview the video coupled with audio, whereas in the past it would freeze up and be out of sync and whatnot. Also my render times sound like they will be drastically cut with the gtx 780 and the i74770k.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to trying this stuff out over the next couple of days. Wish me luck.
post #79 of 86 Old 09-04-2013, 01:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Installing a video card is super easy....just insert t into the slot until the tab clicks, and connect the PCI-E wires from the PSU. Then just boot up and install the driver package and you're done. Shouldn't take more than 5 mins. That's why I don't mind upgrading all the time, because its about as much hassle as inserting a new SNES cartridge, and then everything feels new again.

Settings? Oh you won't need to worry about settings for a while. Just turn everything all the way up.

post #80 of 86 Old 09-04-2013, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Instead of USB sticks you might be better off just getting a USB 3.0 External drive since prices have dropped quite a bit. Not too long ago Office Depot was having a clearance and I got a 2.5" USB 3.0 500GB drive for $20. O_O If you do want a thumbdrive, I'd recommend the SanDisk Extreme line. They're incredibly fast (and cost more, but you get what you pay for).

And yeah, you won't have to worry about your settings with BF3. Crank everything up. You may want to play around with the FXAA and MSAA settings however. Many people don't like the way FXAA blurs the image. Some also don't like the image MSAA alone gives you. My happy medium is FXAA on Low, with MSAA on 2x. It could be completely different for you though...play around with it and see what you like.

As for learning how to play using a mouse/keyboard, it'll become second nature soon enough. Luckily, a lot of games use the same, or very similar control schemes. WASD for movement, Space for jump, Shift for run, Control for crouch, Tab for scoreboard/menu etc. You'll see. You'll be pressing the number keys to switch weapons and using the Function keys to swap seats in no time, all without ever looking down at the keyboard (plus you can map some of those controls to your mouse instead). wink.gif
mphfrom77 likes this.
post #81 of 86 Old 09-04-2013, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Wow, thanks. That's the first time I've seen what keys I will be using.

I can research it, but I was a little confused on USB 3.0 vs 2.0 and cross funtionality. Would a USB 3.0 thumbdrive or a external storage drive work with a laptop that is only USB 2.0? And does any USB cable work for both 2.0 and 3.0?
post #82 of 86 Old 09-04-2013, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Would a USB 3.0 thumbdrive or a external storage drive work with a laptop that is only USB 2.0? And does any USB cable work for both 2.0 and 3.0?

Yes to the first part, no to the second.

USB 3.0 has the same connector on the computer end as USB 2.0, but on a USB 3.0 external drive the wire needs this connector:

So if you get a USB 3.0 external drive, you will need a 3.0 cable to go with it.
mphfrom77 likes this.

post #83 of 86 Old 09-05-2013, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Installing a video card is super easy....just insert t into the slot until the tab clicks, and connect the PCI-E wires from the PSU. Then just boot up and install the driver package and you're done. Shouldn't take more than 5 mins. That's why I don't mind upgrading all the time, because its about as much hassle as inserting a new SNES cartridge, and then everything feels new again.

Settings? Oh you won't need to worry about settings for a while. Just turn everything all the way up.

Ah easier said then done when, apparently, your case gets shipped with the wrong standoffs. I have come to find out that this is an issue with my case. I am so pissed. I can't get the graphics card to sit properly into the pci-e slot because the bracketing between the card and the case will not line up. Apparently these cases have been shipping with the wrong motherboard standoffs. I guess my standoffs are too small. Son of a.....

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
post #84 of 86 Old 09-05-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ah easier said then done when, apparently, your case gets shipped with the wrong standoffs. I have come to find out that this is an issue with my case. I am so pissed. I can't get the graphics card to sit properly into the pci-e slot because the bracketing between the card and the case will not line up. Apparently these cases have been shipping with the wrong motherboard standoffs. I guess my standoffs are too small. Son of a.....

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

oh NOES! frown.gif

I thought standoffs were a standard size for ATX cases. Taking the motherboard out is one of those tasks that one hopes to avoid, but at least nothing is broken or malfunctioning.

So what are you going to do? Will the case maker ship corrected standoffs, or do you just order longer ones?

There always seems to be something that goes wrong with every build. You'll get past it though - good luck!

post #85 of 86 Old 09-05-2013, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Other reviewers on Amazon claimed they contacted the case manufacturer and were indeed shipped correct standoffs. The manufacturer is closed, as I just now figured all this out. I fired off an email and a voicemail. I'll call them again tomorrow.

IDK, I'd think about going up to Microcenter if they had correct size standoffs. But it is like 45-50 minutes away from my house. Microcenter is fairly close to my work, but my hours of work currently do not line up with their hours of operation.

It's just frustrating all around. I wrestled with it for a long time and was not happy about bumping my card, and motherboard around like that. I even stupidly took a measure to try to lightly hammer down the case parts to allow a better fit, but just made it worse for the case. Tried bending the cards bracketing, which bent fine, but then it could not reach the screw holes. It's like a 1/8 to a 2/8 inch too high for a proper fit.

When it didn't fit, I should have just got up and researched it like I eventually did, and found the issue to be size of the motherboard standoffs shipped with some cases.

IDK, I guess I'll call them in the morning. Unfortunately, not much I can do. I'm not just going to sit the card in there without screwing it in, I guess.

If I would have done this more than once, or known about the possibility of the problem beforehand, then I would have realized that when the I/O shielding wasn't a perfect fit, that there was indeed a problem.

Guess playing around with the gpu wasn't meant to be yet.

It's unfortunate, because so far I had really liked this case.
post #86 of 86 Old 09-23-2013, 07:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moob View Post

Instead of USB sticks you might be better off just getting a USB 3.0 External drive since prices have dropped quite a bit. Not too long ago Office Depot was having a clearance and I got a 2.5" USB 3.0 500GB drive for $20. O_O If you do want a thumbdrive, I'd recommend the SanDisk Extreme line. They're incredibly fast (and cost more, but you get what you pay for).

And yeah, you won't have to worry about your settings with BF3. Crank everything up. You may want to play around with the FXAA and MSAA settings however. Many people don't like the way FXAA blurs the image. Some also don't like the image MSAA alone gives you. My happy medium is FXAA on Low, with MSAA on 2x. It could be completely different for you though...play around with it and see what you like.

As for learning how to play using a mouse/keyboard, it'll become second nature soon enough. Luckily, a lot of games use the same, or very similar control schemes. WASD for movement, Space for jump, Shift for run, Control for crouch, Tab for scoreboard/menu etc. You'll see. You'll be pressing the number keys to switch weapons and using the Function keys to swap seats in no time, all without ever looking down at the keyboard (plus you can map some of those controls to your mouse instead). wink.gif

Finally got everything worked out with the correct standoffs.

And finally now is the time to actually try to play a game, today hopefully. Came back here real quick to see what all W-A-S-D do again.

Did the 2 hour BF3 download from Origin last night. Now I am trying to figure out how to get into a match (though I would prefer an empty server to start out).

Wish me luck.

Edit- figured out how to get into a match. Now I am trying to adjust my mouse settings, and screen settings before I start a real match. It is going to take a while to get the keyboard mouse thing down. I flew around in a Chopper, but it was pretty confusing. A jet was even more confusing.

Edit - Well that didn't go so well. Just so complicated trying to maneuver around with a keyboard. I got stuck in game chat a couple times and couldn't get out...didn't know how I got in there. Heck, I had to restart my computer to fix it. I could not figure out how to get my difibs out to revive a guy.

I am going to have to find a nice layout or something, and copy it. I'm guessing I can add a couple commands to my mouse. Stupid mouse software, won't accept my opening account credentials to get in and try to make some adjustments. Not sure why it won't let me that adjustment area of the software.

IDK, rough going.

But I am surprised how nice everything looks.

For some reason my monitor is locking at 59hz, and doesn't give an option to raise it. It is a 144hz monitor. IDK.
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page