Help with Elgato Game Capture HD & my laptop - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-23-2013, 06:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
I bought the Elgato game capture HD, Only problem i have is that i dont have a hdmi port on my laptop. So what i was thinkig of doing was buying a USB to HDMI converter (see here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080P-USB-PC-to-HDMI-HD-Graphics-Converter-Video-Adapter-W-3-5mm-Audio-HDTV-MAC-/190689040609?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item2c65f3d8e1) and where im supposed to put the hdmi lead into my laptop instead put it into the converter and then the converter into the laptop, but before buying the converter i thought id ask here if this will work without any problems?
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-05-2013, 07:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, it depends on the type and OS of your computer. You would probably need a lot of drivers for this hardware to work. In my opinion, if your computer has FireWire, buy a HDMI to FireWire cable. This would be more reliable and USB doesn't always work.

Apple is my life.

MacBook Pro 2.3gHz Intel Core i5 MacBook Air 1.8gHz Intel Core i5 iPod Touch 2g 8gb iPod Touch 2g 8gb iPod Touch 1g 8gb Apple TV PowerBook G3 Lombard 333mHz PowerPC G3 PowerBook G3 Lombard 333mHz PowerPC G3 PowerBook G4 Titanium 667mHz PowerPC G4 iPod Nano 2g 2gb iPod Nano 2g...
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page