Need help interfacing my image subsonic 6 sub with my gaming PC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-28-2014, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello and thank you for reading this.  I would apprecaite any and all advice concerning this matter.  I am very computer oriented, but for some reason, the AV side of things is still foreign to me.  Anyways, I was given a PSB image subsonic 6 subwoofer that I very much want to use with my gaming rig since my wife wont allow such a monstrosity in the living room.  The main components worth mentioning are listed below to offer more information.

i7 3770k processor

http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/MAXIMUS_V_FORMULA/  is my motherboard

and i suppose the rest of the equipment is irrelevant.  My motherboard is equipped with optical ins and outs and spdif which seems very similar to me.  I also have individual headphone jack style plugs for analog connections.  There is not a digital coaxial port on my motherboard but the current speaker setup I have does have this plug.  It is the logitech z-5500 setup which has been a favorite of mine for years.  I doubt however, the DAC could support such a beastly subwoofer so I am hoping, through your help, that you can direct me at the proper equipment or additional equipment I would need to make this happen.  I dont have a huge budget but still list the proper items so at least I have all the information.  Im sure I am leaving stuff out but I will check back here often should there be any additional questions required.  Again, I very much appreciate any and all advice and look forward to figuring this integration out.

Thanks so much,

Ryan

ryantlmb@gmail.com   should anyone want to ask me directly.

Reply General Gaming Help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page