Xbox audio with Turtle Beach X12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-28-2014, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just bought the Turtle Beach X12 headset. My 360 is set up with hdmi and I was wondering if I would get better sound quality if I bought the Turtle Beach adapter for use with hdmi set ups versus a VGA adapter that has the case around the connection broken off to fit in the 360 with hdmi also connected..I use the av jacks from the VGA cable but again I'm not sure if the Turtle Beach adapter would produce better sound. Another quick question...if I'm just using hdmi without the headset and getting my audio from the TV set can I set my 360 to Dolby 5.1? Can hdmi produce 5.1 or just digital stereo sound...thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-18-2014, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I bought the adapter, and yes, it would give you better sound (Assuming that you're talking about the adapter that allows you to plug in HDMI, and use the adapter to output via optical cable). If you are using HDMI for sound to your TV, it can output 5.1 sound, but it's up to your TV how it handles it from there.

I'm actually going from my Xbox to a home theater receiver, so my setup is a little different than yours.
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page