Idea for the ultimate gaming headset setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-11-2014, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

The problem statement:

I want some awesome surround sound headphones to use for gaming when I can't turn up my home theater system. I have a Wii U, Xbox One and PS4. I like the look of the Tritton Pro+ headphones, but in order to use them with all my consoles, I'll have to use an optical audio switch, which won't play well with my Harmony remote. In addition, the devices are all currently running to my receiver via HDMI, so having them go through optical is a bit of a pain.

The proposed solution:

Tritton makes a version of the Pro+ that hooks up to your PC through analog cables (connection info in the manual: ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/support/trittonmanuals/Pro_plus_PC_UG.pdf). If I have a receiver with pre-outs for all 6 channels, can I plug the headset directly into those? That way I could just stick to HDMI connections to my receiver and all the audio processing is still done there, with the decoded audio coming out through the headset.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-17-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Here's a pretty good gaming headset thread (over in the xbox section)...http://www.avsforum.com/t/1285726/the-new-gaming-headset-headphone-topic-request-sticky-plz

It's still moderately active.

I modded some headphones recently using my old Tritton 720 amp, a new pair of Audio Technica's, and a mod mic. I really like the sound and apparently my mic works great. But if I were to do it all over again I would research the heck out of a wireless setup because the whole wired thing has become a major pain in my ass.
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page