Advice on setting up surround sound and headset on PS4 to a projector. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2014, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would like to install a projector home theater in the basement of our home. I want to hook my PS4 to it, and am traditionally a headset user. I like to play FPS titles so low lag is important to me. I've been doing research mainly here on AVS, but haven't found where someone is using a headset with their console connected to a projector. I also want the option of switching to 5.1 surround sound (receiver/speakers). I am trying to wrap my head around how to hook everything up before buying something, only to discover what I want can't be done.

1. I'll be buying the Benq W1070, and have no idea on a receiver/speaker combo. I've read here that hooking a console up to the receiver via HDMI can add input lag to gameplay. I need a receiver that includes a game mode or some form of dedicated bypass, that will not add response time to FPS. If I hooked the PS4 directly to the projector, could I get surround sound from my receiver? Or does it simply become impossible?

2. I am a night owl and have to keep the volume down for the wife/kiddies sleeping. My headset needs to be hooked up for this, and still able to chat through the headset for multiplayer purposes. Would the headset be hooked to the audio jacks on the projector in this case? I don't want to add an additional mounted mic for chatting.

3. I want this all setup so it's easy to switch between surround sound or the headset, without having to unplug/connect wires constantly.

Thanks for your suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-02-2014, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump

Would my dilemna be more appropriate in one of the receiver or projector forums on AVS?
Reply General Gaming Help
Gear in this thread - w1070, by PriceGrabber.com