Is it worth having the Xbox One and the PS4? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gafflation
  • 1 Post By DragonBroz
  • 1 Post By testudoaubreii
  • 1 Post By DaverJ
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 05-20-2014, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
testudoaubreii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Hello,

 

I know that this topic runs the risk of turning into a console war, so I apologize in advance if it goes that way. I have both the consoles right now and I have the opportunity to sell the Xbox One right now. I don't know why it is such a hard decision for me. I mean, I guess they are pretty much the same and the only thing advantage about having both is the exclusives for each console. What sucks is having to pay for both subscription services. 

 

One thing that keeps running through my mind is how certain games for the Xbox 360, Madden, in particular, seem to run and look better on the 360 than on the PS3. I can't help but wonder if this is going to be the same this generation. I played Madden for the PS4, but not one the One. I guess I could rent it or something to compare. Believe it or not, this is one reason that could have me decide to keep the One. 

 

What about the Kinect, or the lack there of? I mean, there are reports that the One will become more powerful than it is now when not using the Kinect. Is there any possibility of that happening?

 

I don't know...as you can see, I am very confused and can't make a damn decision on this because I feel that if I get rid of it, I will be missing out on something. I am definitely keeping my PS4, so the what it boils down to is to sell the Xbox One or not.

 

I hope that made some sort of sense and I really hope that this does not turn into a war.

 

Thanks for reading and thank you in advance for your responses.

 

Tetsudo

testudoaubreii is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 05-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Newbie
 
Gafflation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Outside of exclusives there is no reason to have both. You have played Titanfall enough and Halo 5 is at least 18 months away. Sell the XB1 now for a decent price while you still can.
DonRSD likes this.
Gafflation is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 05-20-2014, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
testudoaubreii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gafflation View Post

Outside of exclusives there is no reason to have both. You have played Titanfall enough and Halo 5 is at least 18 months away. Sell the XB1 now for a decent price while you still can.

That is kind of what I was thinking, too. I have absolutely no idea why this is so tough for me to make a damned decision.

testudoaubreii is offline  
post #4 of 25 Old 06-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Newbie
 
DragonBroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii View Post
 

Hello,

 

I know that this topic runs the risk of turning into a console war, so I apologize in advance if it goes that way. I have both the consoles right now and I have the opportunity to sell the Xbox One right now. I don't know why it is such a hard decision for me. I mean, I guess they are pretty much the same and the only thing advantage about having both is the exclusives for each console. What sucks is having to pay for both subscription services. 

 

One thing that keeps running through my mind is how certain games for the Xbox 360, Madden, in particular, seem to run and look better on the 360 than on the PS3. I can't help but wonder if this is going to be the same this generation. I played Madden for the PS4, but not one the One. I guess I could rent it or something to compare. Believe it or not, this is one reason that could have me decide to keep the One. 

 

What about the Kinect, or the lack there of? I mean, there are reports that the One will become more powerful than it is now when not using the Kinect. Is there any possibility of that happening?

 

I don't know...as you can see, I am very confused and can't make a damn decision on this because I feel that if I get rid of it, I will be missing out on something. I am definitely keeping my PS4, so the what it boils down to is to sell the Xbox One or not.

 

I hope that made some sort of sense and I really hope that this does not turn into a war.

 

Thanks for reading and thank you in advance for your responses.

 

Tetsudo

 

At the moment at least its kind of not worth getting either..

 

- All games are still coming out for the last-gen

- Next-gen will get much cheaper over time

- There are only like 4 games out for both next-gen consoles

 

Just not worth it.

 

I will not buy a next-gen console until games are not supporting the old ones anymore. I dont care if the graphics are 30% better. Thats not worth 400$ :D

barrelbelly likes this.
DragonBroz is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 06-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
MarkcusD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 656
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I'm waiting for E3 (next week) to see what exclusives are coming. If nothing excites me within the next year, I'm selling the X1. I just hate watching the thing gather dust and I'm planning to buy all non-exclusives on the PS4. Will buy again when Gears comes out in a few years.

psn: markcusd
X1: MarkcusD
MarkcusD is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 06-03-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DaverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,121
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1414
Yeah, my Xbox One is also gathering dust. frown.gif

Good idea on the E3 thing - if nothing interesting is announced, I'll stick with the PS4 + PC, and sell the XB1. Shame, because the Xbox 360 was one of my all-time favorite consoles.
DaverJ is online now  
post #7 of 25 Old 06-06-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
newfmp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NFLD, Canada
Posts: 4,239
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 211
I have both. I have enjoyed both but not at the same time. Haven't touched my One in months. But I never touched my Ps4 from launch day up until Infamous came out. I suspected all along that this year would be slow, that only a few games would be worth playing. I probably should have waited longer to jump on new consoles but this time I got the very easily on launch day (no lines) and just jumped on the chance to have them.

I think they are both a disappointment. Keep in mind I have had a lot of consoles if not all of them and most during the first year. But this gen is a mess. Neither one is powerful enough to be a next gen system imho. Both have very limited OS's ouf the gate with basic features missing. Both controllers could have been better. Both companies cheaped out, just one is slightly more powerful in certain situations then the other. Of course last gen the Cell was supposed to be more powerful then the 360 so I'm not too hung on that as my 360 got %90 more use but MS is certainly starting off on the wrong foot this time.

If you sell either one, your only going to buy it back again at some point. Your only losing money in the long run. So keep em. Enjoy exclusives for now, things will pick up but I would bet tons of money that the second you sell one, and a exclusive comes out for the one you sold, you will hate yourself.
newfmp3 is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 06-06-2014, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
testudoaubreii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

I have both. I have enjoyed both but not at the same time. Haven't touched my One in months. But I never touched my Ps4 from launch day up until Infamous came out. I suspected all along that this year would be slow, that only a few games would be worth playing. I probably should have waited longer to jump on new consoles but this time I got the very easily on launch day (no lines) and just jumped on the chance to have them.

I think they are both a disappointment. Keep in mind I have had a lot of consoles if not all of them and most during the first year. But this gen is a mess. Neither one is powerful enough to be a next gen system imho. Both have very limited OS's ouf the gate with basic features missing. Both controllers could have been better. Both companies cheaped out, just one is slightly more powerful in certain situations then the other. Of course last gen the Cell was supposed to be more powerful then the 360 so I'm not too hung on that as my 360 got %90 more use but MS is certainly starting off on the wrong foot this time.

If you sell either one, your only going to buy it back again at some point. Your only losing money in the long run. So keep em. Enjoy exclusives for now, things will pick up but I would bet tons of money that the second you sell one, and a exclusive comes out for the one you sold, you will hate yourself.


Thanks!

 

Yeah, I was thinking along those same lines. I have had opportunities to sell either or and I have not. I cannot bring myself to it. Hell, I can't even sell my old gen consoles...to many memories, I guess lol. You are right about selling it and re-buying later on. I pretty much now that would happen if I sold one of them.

testudoaubreii is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Murilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I hope you dont mind me slightly hijacking, i dont want to create a new thread though but have a similar question and need some advice.

I am a general gamer and decided i am not buying both, my 2nd console will be a wii u, with me deciding between an xbox one and a ps4. I had both last console generation and as a general gamer my ps3 sat alot, i liked microsoft xbox live service better, i liked the controller alot better, and everything grew very familiar to me.

My mind was set on an xbox one until e3 when i realized all the exclusives i want are on ps4. I also hear the ps4 controller is not nearly as bad for fps. I guess im basically asking as a general gamer what would more knowledgable gamers do? Stick with a system your familiar with (hardware and UI) and typically used for the last number of years in microsoft, or choose the one that has exclusive games i want.

Little big planet was the real eye opener at E3, along with drakes. I think i used my ps3 for 4-5 games in total.Drakes, LBP, MLB the show, GOW, and last of us. But then i realized all the games i played on 360 were not exclusives (COD, NHL,GTA, Worms, Red dead ect....) I just bought everything for xbox because again I much preferred the controller and familiairty of the UI.


And i was really not expecting LBP and drakes to game out for a few years into the console life span so when LBP was announced in November it has me second guessing.
Murilo is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
testudoaubreii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

I hope you dont mind me slightly hijacking, i dont want to create a new thread though but have a similar question and need some advice.

I am a general gamer and decided i am not buying both, my 2nd console will be a wii u, with me deciding between an xbox one and a ps4. I had both last console generation and as a general gamer my ps3 sat alot, i liked microsoft xbox live service better, i liked the controller alot better, and everything grew very familiar to me.

My mind was set on an xbox one until e3 when i realized all the exclusives i want are on ps4. I also hear the ps4 controller is not nearly as bad for fps. I guess im basically asking as a general gamer what would more knowledgable gamers do? Stick with a system your familiar with (hardware and UI) and typically used for the last number of years in microsoft, or choose the one that has exclusive games i want.

Little big planet was the real eye opener at E3, along with drakes. I think i used my ps3 for 4-5 games in total.Drakes, LBP, MLB the show, GOW, and last of us. But then i realized all the games i played on 360 were not exclusives (COD, NHL,GTA, Worms, Red dead ect....) I just bought everything for xbox because again I much preferred the controller and familiairty of the UI.


And i was really not expecting LBP and drakes to game out for a few years into the console life span so when LBP was announced in November it has me second guessing.


After watching Microsoft's E3 press conference, I decided that I am going to sell my XBOX One and keep with the PS4. Last generation, I bought the XBOX 360 first and later bought the PS3 because most of my friends had it. I kind of liked the 360 better than the PS3 last gen. However, this generation the PS4 is a bit better than the One, in my opinion. I like the UI and the UI on the PS Network/Store. I like some of the ideas and products that Sony showed at their E3 press conference this year.

 

I was a bigger fan of the 360 controller over the DualShock 3 last gen, but I actually prefer the Dualshock 4 to the One controller this gen. The longer had grips really made a difference in my hands and I think that it is really comfortable.

 

Overall, I think that the PS4 won this round of the console war. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the One, it is actually a great console. However, in my opinion, the exclusives on the PS4 edged out the exclusives on the One. I just don't think it is going to be worth it to have both.

 

The PS4 is, as far as hardware goes, is more powerful than the One and is able to produce higher graphics fidelity and resolution, but in some games you probably will not be able to tell the difference.

 

So, I guess it will come down to preference. I suggest maybe visiting a store and testing out both controllers and see which one sits better in your hands, check out the UIs and just get an overall hands-on feel of both.

DaverJ likes this.
testudoaubreii is offline  
post #11 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DaverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,121
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 1414
Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii View Post

Overall, I think that the PS4 won this round of the console war. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the One, it is actually a great console. However, in my opinion, the exclusives on the PS4 edged out the exclusives on the One. I just don't think it is going to be worth it to have both.

The PS4 is, as far as hardware goes, is more powerful than the One and is able to produce higher graphics fidelity and resolution, but in some games you probably will not be able to tell the difference.

So, I guess it will come down to preference. I suggest maybe visiting a store and testing out both controllers and see which one sits better in your hands, check out the UIs and just get an overall hands-on feel of both.

Agree with testudoaubreii.

Right now my Xbox One is gathering dust because for multi-platform games I choose PS4 (or PC). But the XB1 would be a fine choice if that's all you had. The Xbox One's exclusives haven't done much for me, and nothing at E3 has changed my mind so far. Side note: With Mario Kart 8, I'm starting to really like my Wii U again! wink.gif

I was also strongly for the 360 last gen, even though I had a PS3 and liked it at times. The new Dual Shock 4 is great, mostly on par with the Xbox One controller. The XB1's rumble in the triggers is a neat gimmick though.

I would easily choose the PS4 over the XB1, but if the XB1 was all I had, I wouldn't mind too much.
testudoaubreii likes this.
DaverJ is online now  
post #12 of 25 Old 06-10-2014, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
testudoaubreii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post


Agree with testudoaubreii.

Right now my Xbox One is gathering dust because for multi-platform games I choose PS4 (or PC). But the XB1 would be a fine choice if that's all you had. The Xbox One's exclusives haven't done much for me, and nothing at E3 has changed my mind so far. Side note: With Mario Kart 8, I'm starting to really like my Wii U again! wink.gif

I was also strongly for the 360 last gen, even though I had a PS3 and liked it at times. The new Dual Shock 4 is great, mostly on par with the Xbox One controller. The XB1's rumble in the triggers is a neat gimmick though.

I would easily choose the PS4 over the XB1, but if the XB1 was all I had, I wouldn't mind too much.

Yeah, PC gaming is another reason I am going to sell my XBOX One. I am a PC gamer at heart and have a nice rig, but I am the only one in my group of friends that has one. If I wanted to play with them, I had to get a console.

 

With that said, this generation I have been going back and forth about giving up PC gaming and going strictly console. I figured that this generation of consoles will provide enough power to deliver a somewhat similar experience to PC gaming. Where I am at in my life right now, I don't have the time or patience to constantly upgrade my PC and tweak the settings constantly. I know that many people do not have that problem, but it became a problem with me personally. I became pretty obsessed with upgrades and settings, so much so that sometimes I would spend so much time worrying about that stuff that I never really enjoyed the game.

 

Anyhow, I digress...lol. Check both out and you will get an idea of what you want this generation.

testudoaubreii is offline  
post #13 of 25 Old 02-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gafflation View Post
Outside of exclusives there is no reason to have both. You have played Titanfall enough and Halo 5 is at least 18 months away. Sell the XB1 now for a decent price while you still can.
Have to agree, the writings on the wall.
tyloniusfunk is offline  
post #14 of 25 Old 02-17-2015, 09:09 AM
Senior Member
 
markc72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have both and just built a really nice PC. I see myself swaying back and forth between the PS4 and Xbox mostly, with the PC every once in a while. Right now I'm playing more Xbox due to me buying Evolve on it, along with the new deals they have today for Lords of the Fallen and Sniper Elite 3. PS4 still get most of the play, but Xbox is coming on strong lately. I would hold onto it, but it's really your preference. Luckily I have quite a few friends on both systems.

Come join our adult gaming community at www.syndicatedgaming.com


XBL, PSN, and Steam: diehardcubfn
markc72 is offline  
post #15 of 25 Old 02-19-2015, 11:00 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBroz 
 
At the moment at least its kind of not worth getting either..
 
- All games are still coming out for the last-gen
- Next-gen will get much cheaper over time
- There are only like 4 games out for both next-gen consoles
 
Just not worth it.
 
I will not buy a next-gen console until games are not supporting the old ones anymore. I dont care if the graphics are 30% better. Thats not worth 400$
Totally agree with you there. Reason why i haven't bought one yet and probably never will
mbkgen is offline  
post #16 of 25 Old 02-19-2015, 03:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: At home.
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I would much rather have the PS4 from a hardware standpoint but the Xbox One had way more exclusives I wanted at launch so I went with it. The PS4 has yet to offer anything I want that I can't get on the XB1 or my top of the line PC so, like you, there's no real reason to buy a PS4.

Conclusion: If you already have an Xbox One don't bother with the PS4. Not to mention with Sony's total lack of management common sense who knows if Sony will even be in business in the next few years. If anything I'd buy a Wii U so you can play Mario Cart 8.
Mike Bethany is offline  
post #17 of 25 Old 02-19-2015, 03:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Rgdeuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The desert
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bethany View Post
I would much rather have the PS4 from a hardware standpoint but the Xbox One had way more exclusives I wanted at launch so I went with it. The PS4 has yet to offer anything I want that I can't get on the XB1 or my top of the line PC so, like you, there's no real reason to buy a PS4.

Conclusion: If you already have an Xbox One don't bother with the PS4. Not to mention with Sony's total lack of management common sense who knows if Sony will even be in business in the next few years. If anything I'd buy a Wii U so you can play Mario Cart 8.
Rgdeuce is offline  
post #18 of 25 Old 05-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Newbie
 
crony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Most games tend to get released on both systems, so I would say no.
crony is offline  
post #19 of 25 Old 05-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
cesar123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 509
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Being a big 360 fan, I don't think the X-Box One is worth it, IMO. I'm still playing my 360, PS3 and PS4. I have no desire to get the X-Box One... that is until Gears of War is out.

Yippee-ki-yay...
cesar123 is offline  
post #20 of 25 Old 05-19-2015, 10:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So far the only Sony exclusive I play is MLB the Show 15.

Xbox One has Forza, Killer Instinct, and Titanfall.

I have not been playing as much in the last year or so but if i had to choose only one system id probably go with the One.


You can use Sling TV, it has a media controller, and so far just slightly better games.

With that said - the PS4 is hooked up in my living room and my One is in a box waiting for my theater room to be finished. (its baseball season)
Boris632 is offline  
post #21 of 25 Old 05-19-2015, 11:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have all video games consoles:

VITA, "NEW" 3ds XL, PSP, WII, WII U, PS4, PS3, Xbox, Xbox One all other consoles are emulated at 4k resolution on my PC.


Do you know what I play the most?

The PS4 is pretty much perfection for me, it has an ergonomic controller than can be used on both macs and computers through bluetooth and support vibrations wirelessly as well. It used to be PS PLUS was worth the money, but now you get crappy games once a month, but being that the majority of the games on the PS4 render at 1080p and at 60fps where it is less on the Xbox One it seems like a no brainer to me to buy it.

In fact, they did some random test on gamespot; 54% of players could not tell they were playing FarCry 4 on a PC vs a PS4, while over 70% could tell they were playing on a Xbox One vs a PC.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...93756505,d.eXY

Last edited by Chase Payne; 05-19-2015 at 11:57 PM.
Chase Payne is online now  
post #22 of 25 Old 05-21-2015, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
Boxozaxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 157
It depends on how bad you want those very few exclusive titles. If you only want one and base your decision on graphics, I think the ps4 looks better.

I was just looking at a video comparing the graphics between pc, ps4 and xo for the game Project CARS. The pc definitely stood out from the consoles but time and time again the ps4 looked better than the xo.


I have the PS4 and I like it but I hate that there's no decent dedicated remote for it like the one they had for the ps3. Not a big deal if all you do is play games. Also, unlike the ps3, the ps4 doesn’t play audio cds and no media streaming. Not sure about the xo.

My curved front ported Classix II

"I'm not happy unless it costs twice as much and requires three times the work."
Boxozaxu is online now  
post #23 of 25 Old 05-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I depends how much you value exclusives. I might pick up both in few years for Bloodborne, Scalebound ect. but PC is usually superior for multiplats.
DooberKnob is offline  
post #24 of 25 Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well considering video games are actually the same processing technology as a regular PC, PC gaming will flourish this generation because a sold game on steam makes more money even sold on sale then it does on consoles at retail stores after marketing costs.

While the rate of piracy is higher, they still make profit because they make far more money on a PC purchase than they do on a console. Plus people try to save money by buying used games (which is equivalent to piracy because the developer didn't get any money) they're pretty much throwing away potential money not releasing to PC.

Thinking about buying a 4k TV? I would suggest reading my explanation on the limitations of human vision and why 4k isn't actually an upgrade before you buy
http://1drv.ms/1Kqa1iC

Last edited by Chase Payne; Yesterday at 06:21 AM.
Chase Payne is online now  
post #25 of 25 Old Today, 05:46 AM
Newbie
 
Akupro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Best think you can do is sell that Xbox One to a friend, that way you can switch consoles for a while when exclusives are sold. I do that with a friend of mine so we both have access to every game =)
Akupro is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply General Gaming Help

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off