• 1 Post By testudoaubreii
  • 1 Post By DaverJ

post #1 of 12 Old 05-20-2014, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Hello,

I know that this topic runs the risk of turning into a console war, so I apologize in advance if it goes that way. I have both the consoles right now and I have the opportunity to sell the Xbox One right now. I don't know why it is such a hard decision for me. I mean, I guess they are pretty much the same and the only thing advantage about having both is the exclusives for each console. What sucks is having to pay for both subscription services. 

One thing that keeps running through my mind is how certain games for the Xbox 360, Madden, in particular, seem to run and look better on the 360 than on the PS3. I can't help but wonder if this is going to be the same this generation. I played Madden for the PS4, but not one the One. I guess I could rent it or something to compare. Believe it or not, this is one reason that could have me decide to keep the One. 

What about the Kinect, or the lack there of? I mean, there are reports that the One will become more powerful than it is now when not using the Kinect. Is there any possibility of that happening?

I don't know...as you can see, I am very confused and can't make a damn decision on this because I feel that if I get rid of it, I will be missing out on something. I am definitely keeping my PS4, so the what it boils down to is to sell the Xbox One or not.

I hope that made some sort of sense and I really hope that this does not turn into a war.

Thanks for reading and thank you in advance for your responses.

Tetsudo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-20-2014, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Outside of exclusives there is no reason to have both. You have played Titanfall enough and Halo 5 is at least 18 months away. Sell the XB1 now for a decent price while you still can.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-20-2014, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gafflation View Post

Outside of exclusives there is no reason to have both. You have played Titanfall enough and Halo 5 is at least 18 months away. Sell the XB1 now for a decent price while you still can.

That is kind of what I was thinking, too. I have absolutely no idea why this is so tough for me to make a damned decision.

post #4 of 12 Old 06-01-2014, 04:57 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii View Post

Hello,

I know that this topic runs the risk of turning into a console war, so I apologize in advance if it goes that way. I have both the consoles right now and I have the opportunity to sell the Xbox One right now. I don't know why it is such a hard decision for me. I mean, I guess they are pretty much the same and the only thing advantage about having both is the exclusives for each console. What sucks is having to pay for both subscription services. 

One thing that keeps running through my mind is how certain games for the Xbox 360, Madden, in particular, seem to run and look better on the 360 than on the PS3. I can't help but wonder if this is going to be the same this generation. I played Madden for the PS4, but not one the One. I guess I could rent it or something to compare. Believe it or not, this is one reason that could have me decide to keep the One. 

What about the Kinect, or the lack there of? I mean, there are reports that the One will become more powerful than it is now when not using the Kinect. Is there any possibility of that happening?

I don't know...as you can see, I am very confused and can't make a damn decision on this because I feel that if I get rid of it, I will be missing out on something. I am definitely keeping my PS4, so the what it boils down to is to sell the Xbox One or not.

I hope that made some sort of sense and I really hope that this does not turn into a war.

Thanks for reading and thank you in advance for your responses.

Tetsudo

At the moment at least its kind of not worth getting either..

- All games are still coming out for the last-gen

- Next-gen will get much cheaper over time

- There are only like 4 games out for both next-gen consoles

Just not worth it.

I will not buy a next-gen console until games are not supporting the old ones anymore. I dont care if the graphics are 30% better. Thats not worth 400$ :D

barrelbelly likes this.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm waiting for E3 (next week) to see what exclusives are coming. If nothing excites me within the next year, I'm selling the X1. I just hate watching the thing gather dust and I'm planning to buy all non-exclusives on the PS4. Will buy again when Gears comes out in a few years.

psn: markcusd
X1: MarkcusD
post #6 of 12 Old 06-03-2014, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Yeah, my Xbox One is also gathering dust. frown.gif

Good idea on the E3 thing - if nothing interesting is announced, I'll stick with the PS4 + PC, and sell the XB1. Shame, because the Xbox 360 was one of my all-time favorite consoles.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-06-2014, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 140
I have both. I have enjoyed both but not at the same time. Haven't touched my One in months. But I never touched my Ps4 from launch day up until Infamous came out. I suspected all along that this year would be slow, that only a few games would be worth playing. I probably should have waited longer to jump on new consoles but this time I got the very easily on launch day (no lines) and just jumped on the chance to have them.

I think they are both a disappointment. Keep in mind I have had a lot of consoles if not all of them and most during the first year. But this gen is a mess. Neither one is powerful enough to be a next gen system imho. Both have very limited OS's ouf the gate with basic features missing. Both controllers could have been better. Both companies cheaped out, just one is slightly more powerful in certain situations then the other. Of course last gen the Cell was supposed to be more powerful then the 360 so I'm not too hung on that as my 360 got %90 more use but MS is certainly starting off on the wrong foot this time.

If you sell either one, your only going to buy it back again at some point. Your only losing money in the long run. So keep em. Enjoy exclusives for now, things will pick up but I would bet tons of money that the second you sell one, and a exclusive comes out for the one you sold, you will hate yourself.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-06-2014, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

I have both. I have enjoyed both but not at the same time. Haven't touched my One in months. But I never touched my Ps4 from launch day up until Infamous came out. I suspected all along that this year would be slow, that only a few games would be worth playing. I probably should have waited longer to jump on new consoles but this time I got the very easily on launch day (no lines) and just jumped on the chance to have them.

I think they are both a disappointment. Keep in mind I have had a lot of consoles if not all of them and most during the first year. But this gen is a mess. Neither one is powerful enough to be a next gen system imho. Both have very limited OS's ouf the gate with basic features missing. Both controllers could have been better. Both companies cheaped out, just one is slightly more powerful in certain situations then the other. Of course last gen the Cell was supposed to be more powerful then the 360 so I'm not too hung on that as my 360 got %90 more use but MS is certainly starting off on the wrong foot this time.

If you sell either one, your only going to buy it back again at some point. Your only losing money in the long run. So keep em. Enjoy exclusives for now, things will pick up but I would bet tons of money that the second you sell one, and a exclusive comes out for the one you sold, you will hate yourself.

Thanks!

Yeah, I was thinking along those same lines. I have had opportunities to sell either or and I have not. I cannot bring myself to it. Hell, I can't even sell my old gen consoles...to many memories, I guess lol. You are right about selling it and re-buying later on. I pretty much now that would happen if I sold one of them.

post #9 of 12 Old 06-10-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I hope you dont mind me slightly hijacking, i dont want to create a new thread though but have a similar question and need some advice.

I am a general gamer and decided i am not buying both, my 2nd console will be a wii u, with me deciding between an xbox one and a ps4. I had both last console generation and as a general gamer my ps3 sat alot, i liked microsoft xbox live service better, i liked the controller alot better, and everything grew very familiar to me.

My mind was set on an xbox one until e3 when i realized all the exclusives i want are on ps4. I also hear the ps4 controller is not nearly as bad for fps. I guess im basically asking as a general gamer what would more knowledgable gamers do? Stick with a system your familiar with (hardware and UI) and typically used for the last number of years in microsoft, or choose the one that has exclusive games i want.

Little big planet was the real eye opener at E3, along with drakes. I think i used my ps3 for 4-5 games in total.Drakes, LBP, MLB the show, GOW, and last of us. But then i realized all the games i played on 360 were not exclusives (COD, NHL,GTA, Worms, Red dead ect....) I just bought everything for xbox because again I much preferred the controller and familiairty of the UI.

And i was really not expecting LBP and drakes to game out for a few years into the console life span so when LBP was announced in November it has me second guessing.
post #10 of 12 Old 06-10-2014, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

I hope you dont mind me slightly hijacking, i dont want to create a new thread though but have a similar question and need some advice.

I am a general gamer and decided i am not buying both, my 2nd console will be a wii u, with me deciding between an xbox one and a ps4. I had both last console generation and as a general gamer my ps3 sat alot, i liked microsoft xbox live service better, i liked the controller alot better, and everything grew very familiar to me.

My mind was set on an xbox one until e3 when i realized all the exclusives i want are on ps4. I also hear the ps4 controller is not nearly as bad for fps. I guess im basically asking as a general gamer what would more knowledgable gamers do? Stick with a system your familiar with (hardware and UI) and typically used for the last number of years in microsoft, or choose the one that has exclusive games i want.

Little big planet was the real eye opener at E3, along with drakes. I think i used my ps3 for 4-5 games in total.Drakes, LBP, MLB the show, GOW, and last of us. But then i realized all the games i played on 360 were not exclusives (COD, NHL,GTA, Worms, Red dead ect....) I just bought everything for xbox because again I much preferred the controller and familiairty of the UI.

And i was really not expecting LBP and drakes to game out for a few years into the console life span so when LBP was announced in November it has me second guessing.

After watching Microsoft's E3 press conference, I decided that I am going to sell my XBOX One and keep with the PS4. Last generation, I bought the XBOX 360 first and later bought the PS3 because most of my friends had it. I kind of liked the 360 better than the PS3 last gen. However, this generation the PS4 is a bit better than the One, in my opinion. I like the UI and the UI on the PS Network/Store. I like some of the ideas and products that Sony showed at their E3 press conference this year.

I was a bigger fan of the 360 controller over the DualShock 3 last gen, but I actually prefer the Dualshock 4 to the One controller this gen. The longer had grips really made a difference in my hands and I think that it is really comfortable.

Overall, I think that the PS4 won this round of the console war. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the One, it is actually a great console. However, in my opinion, the exclusives on the PS4 edged out the exclusives on the One. I just don't think it is going to be worth it to have both.

The PS4 is, as far as hardware goes, is more powerful than the One and is able to produce higher graphics fidelity and resolution, but in some games you probably will not be able to tell the difference.

So, I guess it will come down to preference. I suggest maybe visiting a store and testing out both controllers and see which one sits better in your hands, check out the UIs and just get an overall hands-on feel of both.

DaverJ likes this.
post #11 of 12 Old 06-10-2014, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by testudoaubreii View Post

Overall, I think that the PS4 won this round of the console war. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the One, it is actually a great console. However, in my opinion, the exclusives on the PS4 edged out the exclusives on the One. I just don't think it is going to be worth it to have both.

The PS4 is, as far as hardware goes, is more powerful than the One and is able to produce higher graphics fidelity and resolution, but in some games you probably will not be able to tell the difference.

So, I guess it will come down to preference. I suggest maybe visiting a store and testing out both controllers and see which one sits better in your hands, check out the UIs and just get an overall hands-on feel of both.

Agree with testudoaubreii.

Right now my Xbox One is gathering dust because for multi-platform games I choose PS4 (or PC). But the XB1 would be a fine choice if that's all you had. The Xbox One's exclusives haven't done much for me, and nothing at E3 has changed my mind so far. Side note: With Mario Kart 8, I'm starting to really like my Wii U again! wink.gif

I was also strongly for the 360 last gen, even though I had a PS3 and liked it at times. The new Dual Shock 4 is great, mostly on par with the Xbox One controller. The XB1's rumble in the triggers is a neat gimmick though.

I would easily choose the PS4 over the XB1, but if the XB1 was all I had, I wouldn't mind too much.
testudoaubreii likes this.
post #12 of 12 Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post

Agree with testudoaubreii.

Right now my Xbox One is gathering dust because for multi-platform games I choose PS4 (or PC). But the XB1 would be a fine choice if that's all you had. The Xbox One's exclusives haven't done much for me, and nothing at E3 has changed my mind so far. Side note: With Mario Kart 8, I'm starting to really like my Wii U again! wink.gif

I was also strongly for the 360 last gen, even though I had a PS3 and liked it at times. The new Dual Shock 4 is great, mostly on par with the Xbox One controller. The XB1's rumble in the triggers is a neat gimmick though.

I would easily choose the PS4 over the XB1, but if the XB1 was all I had, I wouldn't mind too much.

Yeah, PC gaming is another reason I am going to sell my XBOX One. I am a PC gamer at heart and have a nice rig, but I am the only one in my group of friends that has one. If I wanted to play with them, I had to get a console.

With that said, this generation I have been going back and forth about giving up PC gaming and going strictly console. I figured that this generation of consoles will provide enough power to deliver a somewhat similar experience to PC gaming. Where I am at in my life right now, I don't have the time or patience to constantly upgrade my PC and tweak the settings constantly. I know that many people do not have that problem, but it became a problem with me personally. I became pretty obsessed with upgrades and settings, so much so that sometimes I would spend so much time worrying about that stuff that I never really enjoyed the game.

Anyhow, I digress...lol. Check both out and you will get an idea of what you want this generation.

Reply General Gaming Help