Help with Headset - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-21-2014, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently went through 3 Senheiser Over the ear headsets. PC363, PC323D, and GameZero's. Took them all back for comfort reasons. I realized I don't think I can't do over the ear. Currently I own the PC 151's. But the mic crackles a bit and I don't think the audio quality is that great for gaming. I'm having a real hard time finding high quality on ear headsets. PC 151, PC 310, and Razer Kraken PRO's seem my best choice. Between those 3 what should I get? Or are there other choices. I know most audiophiles will say get headphones and a detachable mic, but when I play games I don't use push to talk, and a detachable MIC usually sucks for that. I know people who use that method.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-30-2014, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Sennheiser U 320 definately worth it !!!

post #3 of 3 Old 06-22-2014, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by czah7 View Post
I recently went through 3 Senheiser Over the ear headsets. PC363, PC323D, and GameZero's. Took them all back for comfort reasons. I realized I don't think I can't do over the ear. Currently I own the PC 151's. But the mic crackles a bit and I don't think the audio quality is that great for gaming. I'm having a real hard time finding high quality on ear headsets. PC 151, PC 310, and Razer Kraken PRO's seem my best choice. Between those 3 what should I get? Or are there other choices. I know most audiophiles will say get headphones and a detachable mic, but when I play games I don't use push to talk, and a detachable MIC usually sucks for that. I know people who use that method.
Okay I will say it.

Use push to talk. It is so much better for everyone else that has to listen to your extraneous sounds that almost always make it through. Yes it is less convenient, but no one has to hear your occasional cough or kid yelling etc.

Then figure out what your FIT issue (maybe earcup size, clamping pressure?) is for the headphones you have already rejected.
Go to several websites like http://www.innerfidelity.com/ or http://www.head-fi.org/ along with others and ask questions about headphone fit. Or if available find a local store with a good selection of headphones that you can demo.
Hopefully by then you will have an idea of the type (over the ear or on ear) of headphone that works best for you.
Headphones and headsets are like any article of clothing that has sizes, some fit and some just don't. The main difference is NONE of the headset/phone makers put sizes on their products. So it becomes a crap shoot tying to find a set that fits "your" head.

After buying your headphone (or before) get one of these http://www.modmic.com/
Their mic work as good or better than any headset mic I have ever used.

If you haven't already noticed there was zero mention of headsets in this post. My reasons for that is....
Almost
all companies that make headsets make inferior sounding ones compared to the established headphone makers. With a few exceptions they are also usually cheaper though.
Same goes for their durability, read the neverending review forum complaints about headsets breaking and or just failing.
Some of the problems can be attributed to the majority of headsets being used by kids instead of adults. However I have read too many user reviews about headset breakage when treated with kid gloves by an adult.

Since you listed a 200+ headset (PC363) you should have few problems finding something that fits with your budget.
Here is a recommendation based on my own research which is supposed to be a VERY comfortable headphone. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Hea...nheiser+hd+598
They also come in different colors. Edit: I can't find it in a different color though the ivory isn't that bad.

This post is based on my own personal experience with headsets and headphones.
Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

Last edited by sealmaniac; 06-22-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page