centralized game system? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-04-2017, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question centralized game system?

Hello! New to this so bear with me. I have a house that is around 4,500 sq ft. I have CAT6 wiring run everywhere. I have a PS4 and a XBOX One that I would like to centralize and share in up to 4 rooms.

I have a reliable HDMI switching device so that is no problem.

Forgive my ignorance but I believe the PS4 remote is bluetooth and the range is what maybe 30-50' at best guess. Does anyone know of a bluetooth receiver/repeater that I can use - perhaps utilizing the CAT6 at my TVs in these 4 areas.

I probably could just use a USB faceplate and plug my remote in - and use a USB extender and wire this back to a USB hub in the rack too - just would prefer to keep this wireless if possible.

XBOX One remotes - aren't those "WiFi based" correct? But I believe there is a USB port on these too that would allow for hardwired connection/control. I haven't received this yet - should be arriving soon.

My gut tells me I should just be prepared to plug these in to a USB port in my rooms and make these hardwired remotes (may be able to just make these wireless in my theater since the rack is only about 15'-20' from where I'm going to be sitting) - but figured I'd ask the experts out there to see what you all might think.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-05-2017, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am thinking that there are two things not mentioned by your post.
1. The ability to make it so only one set can use the system at a time, and to disable additional input from currently unused sets. For example, what is to be done to prevent a person in room #2 from using a controller on the system in room #1 ? Also, if using wired setups, you would need a way to disable or selectively disable/enable the cables for video and/or controllers when in use. If there is a situation where you want player 1 to be in room 1, player 2 to be in room 2, and room 3 and 4 to have the controllers disabled. Or you do not want video to be able to be sent to any of the other rooms that are not in use, or perhaps you want only video to go to a room that the player is not in, say for a party or something.

2. Input lag on controllers. You may end up having this situation with using wired or the "wireless" connections of the controllers.

AACD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply General Gaming Help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page