AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFS Underground Widescreen?

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mike_jensen99 
#1 ·
Can anyone confirm if Need for Speed Underground will run in 1280 X 720? I'd sure love to play that game on my proj when i get my DVI cable in!

#4 ·
Holy old thread Batman!

I picked up NFSU at CC, knowing the widescreen capabilities, but have a question.

I did the following:

1 - install the full game

2 - patch to the latest from the ea web site (assuming this is v1.4)

3 - apply the no-cd crack (v1.4 only supposedly)

4 - use the resolution mod from widescreen gaming forum (not the nfsu specific one, but the generic one I used for Tiger Woods as well).

5 - I'm to pick the 640x480 once in the game, but the initial menu doesn't synch on my tv (643-HD5 just like TigerDave).

I'm not sure if the menus are suppose to synch or what. With Tiger Woods 2004, the menus synch, though are a little out of shape, but the course is good.

I'm using 1770x1000 for the display of course.

Also, from the un-synched (word?) display I think I see that it's showing version 1.3. Should the latest patch from ea sports + the no cd + the resolution hack show a 1.3? I'm thinking not and I have some bad patch in there. I would expect 1.4.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks.

#6 ·
ah, so I need to setup power strip to show 800x600 ok, perhaps at the same 1080i timings that I'm presently using. That makes sense.

I think that might help with the TW2004 as well. Some of the menu's go off the screen, and I only see 1/2 of it. Then at the end of a round I can't get at the bottom of the menus.

Thanks for the help I'll give it a try.

#7 ·
The 800x600 in 1080i works like a charm. There is still some rendering problems with the NFSU though.

My tv shows high def timings (33k) so it's receiving the 1776x1000, and it looks pretty good, other than there is a 'band' of bad rendering that floats around. It was present at 640x480, 800x600, and the custom 1776x1000 as well.

With the cd crack it's showing version 1.3, as stated above. Perhaps I have an old crack? Or would this indicate a driver problem with my GeForce 6800?

Thanks

#8 ·
hmmm, well. i have yet to try anything above 800x600. not because i havent downloaded the patch, but more of the lines that my comp will probably run terrible at high resolutions. when i play normally on my monitor, i get terrible mouse lag when running in 1024, so i am guessing this is an fps problem. i did expect better out of my ti4200, but then again, it might be time for me to upgrade to something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.