AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Where to buy gamecube component cable?

13K views 68 replies 41 participants last post by  blambert 
#1 ·
Where is this cable sold for the lowest price?
www.play-asia.com has it for $35, never baught anything from there before. Anyone have any experiences shopping there.

#53 ·
I love getting a good deal on something.

Nintendo DOES take care of its loyalists. There are limitations to how much you're allowed to order, but Nintendo of Japan and Nintendo of America still have both totally remanufactured DOL-001 systems and Component Video Cables available. When I called to order my current component video cable (twice have I dispatched my one already - one set I bought at my local GameStop for $3.99 for $40 in 2003, as well as a boxed one I bought from Play-Asia after I actually had a Progressive Scan compatible GC game (SoulCalibur II), only for a much smaller profit ($34 from Play-Asia to $44 on eBay). I'll actually keep this set. O_O

Odama, I await you.

#54 ·
Am I understanding correctly that new revisions of the Gamecube don't even have the proprietary port for component video on the back?

If so, I'm glad I saw this thread. I have at times been tempted to pick up a second Gamecube to use at another location (the pack-in games and controllers made it more tempting).

#55 ·
That's right. New gamecubes only support composite/s-video. They only come with the composite cable so if you want S-Vid you have to buy a new cable. And if you want component you need to have Nintendo replace your new cube with a remanufactured diital one. They do that for free though (including your shipping).

- Cryo

#56 ·
It's too bad that HT/gaming enthusiasts have to jump through hoops to get the best of Nintendo's current generation offerings. First, stopping production on the DOL-001, being the model of Gamecube which has the Digital Video Out port ( for "cost cutting purposes"), then discontinuing production/sales on the much sought (and oft maligned for its cost) component video cable. One would think that catering to the hardcore/audio-videophile gamer is where the money is.

The DOL-101 (analog A/V) only model may be exchanged for a remanufactured DOL-001 through Nintendo. That's a small consolation. It's just too bad that a company such as MONSTER was unable to/not interested in picking up a license to produce a "higher end" component video cable for the 'Cube.

#57 ·
Don't know if this is the right place to post this. But is it possible for someone to buy a component cable and send it to sweden? (I'll pay the cable and the shipping costs of course). I can't order one from nintendo because they're not shipping outside US, and I can't find them anywhere else.

/Habbbe

#58 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbbe
Don't know if this is the right place to post this. But is it possible for someone to buy a component cable and send it to sweden? (I'll pay the cable and the shipping costs of course). I can't order one from nintendo because they're not shipping outside US, and I can't find them anywhere else.

/Habbbe
You'll end up paying more for the cable than for the Gamecube.

#63 ·
thanks for posting the info...didn't even know that the gamecube had this capability and that I had the correct model of gc to do it. Just called and placed the order from Nintendo. Glad to see nobody decided to be mean and buy them up to resell on ebay. Can't wait to see how some of these games look on my new Optoma H27 projector in 480p or 16:9/widescreen modes.

#68 ·
That is indeed very dumb of Nintendo.

I'm pretty much putting all GC games on the back burner until the Revolution. Hopefully then Nintendo will have some component cables available at retail stores.

With S-Video, most games ended up being too dark for some reason on my Dell W2306 LCD TV. Could be just a faulty cable, but I really don't feel like investing any more than $20 on cables.

#69 ·
I called the other day. Nintendo no longer has any left online, or for phone orders. I asked if component cables would be available for the Revolution for the purpose of backwards compatabilty with gamecube progressive scan titles, and the guy on the phone could not say. I sure hope so. I will be very let down if they dont. At the very least, they should make all titles 480p and have widescreen modes. What am I saying....I will buy a Revolution regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.