AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Master GT4 Thread

14K views 252 replies 64 participants last post by  marcust 
#1 ·
#28 ·
Ok has anybody else noticed that there are some Chevrolets missing, I might be the only one that noticed but I am a big Chevy guy. I checked the dealership in GT mode and I didn't see:

'97 Camaro Z28

'96 Corvette Grand Sport

'63 Corvette Z06

Are these cars hidden to be awards later in the game? I know these cars were listed on the official GT4 site, and I have seen numerous photo mode pics of these cars over at GTplanet. I am particularly interested in the '97 Camaro Z28 since that is what I drive, I'd love to see the 30th Anniversary Edition return from GT2.

Has anybody else noticed any other cars missing?

I was a bit surprised the Chrysler 300C, looks like it was a late add on, its ashame they didn't get the Corvette C6 in the game.

EDIT: Also, I thought that American cars were going to be available in the used car sections, but I've only seen JP cars.

#29 ·
#30 ·
I have the game hooked to my Sony KDF 50 WE 655, and get the same jaggies when going to a race. When leaving the race, I get a bright green screen with squares at the bottom and top. Does that happen on your TV? It makes me a bit worried -- doesn't seem to be very good for the TV.

Quote:
Originally posted by NorthJersey
it's just the camera. Game looks beautiful. I'm using 1080i setting, and everytime to go to a race to play it, the game switches to 1080i, because my tv does the usual jaggies for a split second to indicate a res switch, just like when I'm using my HDTV cable box. Haven't race in NYC yet, but the races I have been in look awesome

#32 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ewc
I have the game hooked to my Sony KDF 50 WE 655, and get the same jaggies when going to a race. When leaving the race, I get a bright green screen with squares at the bottom and top. Does that happen on your TV? It makes me a bit worried -- doesn't seem to be very good for the TV.
That TV could care less. Not like it's a CRT tube that's being driven incorrectly.

#33 ·
Well we have enough GT4 threads so how about we put all questions in here?

Thanks guys. :)

#35 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Terminator840
Ok has anybody else noticed that there are some Chevrolets missing, I might be the only one but I am a big Chevy guy. I checked the dealership in GT mode and I didn't see:

'97 Camaro Z28

'96 Corvette Grand Sport

'63 Corvette Z06

Are these cars hidden to be awards later in the game? I know these cars were listed on the official GT4 site, and I have seen numerous photo mode pics of these cars over at GTplanet. I am particularly interested in the '97 Camaro Z28 since that is what I drive, I'd love to see the 30th Anniversary Edition return from GT2.

Has anybody else noticed any other cars missing?

I was a bit surprised the Chrysler 300C, looks like it was a late add on, its ashame they didn't get the Corvette C6 in the game.

EDIT: Also, I thought that American cars were going to be available in the used car sections, but I've only seen JP cars.

Yes, they are prize cars and used cars for sale. Go to www.gamefaqs.com and look at the GT4 prize list and used car list, it will give you the answers you're looking for. The 96 Grand Sport is available at a used car dealership on the 190th and 197th day into the game.

#36 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ewc
I get the jaggies before entering the race but no sign of the "green screen" you get when you leave. Not sure if it's because you have a different technology TV - is that an LCD TV you have ?

#37 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluesparrow
My big question is it safe to have a crt to be swithching back and forth from 480 to 1080 a couple hundread times a day when playing this game? It would have been nice if they kept the whol game in 1080 if that is what you set it at.

Certainly can't be good for the longevity of the TV that's for sure, but for short term I guess its ok.

#38 ·
Yes, LCD microdisplay. I'm not too happy about all the switching back and forth between modes -- it seems very violent, at least on my tv. I may just keep it in 480 mode, rather than risk screwing up the TV.

Quote:
I get the jaggies before entering the race but no sign of the "green screen" you get when you leave. Not sure if it's because you have a different technology TV - is that an LCD TV you have ?

#39 ·
I think someone should really find out if the switching is bad for the TV before we go around spreading rumors that it is. We have no documented proof that it is bad for the TV. Of course we also have none that it is not bad for the TV. I am going to assume it isn't, since the manual doesn't warn that it is.

#41 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CaptHowdy000
Is it possible for 2 people to play head to head using one ps2? If so could someone post a couple of screenshots.

Norm
Yes it is possible, but I can't take a screenshot till tomorrow.

#42 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by CaptHowdy000
Is it possible for 2 people to play head to head using one ps2? If so could someone post a couple of screenshots.

Norm
Of course it is. It's not online, so if they took out this option, it would have been a big game killer. The big news is that you can use cars on your memory card to race someone on their memory card (something that was not in the Japanese version).

#43 ·
Quote:
My Sony RPLCD also has the green screen. It appears to be normal.

#50 ·
Lemme ask you racing enthusiasts a couple questions:

1. I bought GT3 with the official GT3 wheel that was selling at the time. Does that wheel work with GT4? Will it be enjoyable. What is there to be gained by getting a new wheel?

2. Can anyone comment on the bass sound of the vehicles? It seemed to me that in GT3, the vehicles never really rumbled the room much, they never gave my sub a good workout. Did anyone else have the same experience and has it changed?

reaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.