(dupe warning) Need help deciding - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-07-2006, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have an unopened 60 gig Sony PS3. I have been debating for 2 days whether to open it or sell it and get a 360. I thought the Sony would be the hands down choice so I sold my 360 months ago in anticipation of the PS3's release. I was able to snag this 60 gb system at Toys R Us earlier this week. After alot of reading I am not sure which system to go with. I like the built in HD media capability as well as wireless. I know the games will eventually be there. But the format war is far from decided and it could go either way. The 360 can be had for far less and appears to be every bit as good for strictly gaming. Help me decide whether or not to open the thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-08-2006, 08:37 PM

Liked: 10
Well, are you a hardcore gamer or do you like to watch HD movies more? If you are a gamer, then get the 360. There aren't that many games out for the PS3 right now and when there are more games out, you should be able to find the PS3 more readily available. I am a PS3 fan so I would tell you to keep the PS3 but it comes with a Blu Ray if you are into HD movies. You could get the add on for 360 though, later on if you decide to go for HDDVD. But if you only want one system then I would tell you to keep the PS3. This is all just my opinion.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2006, 06:11 PM

Liked: 44
If you can only afford to have one system and are primarily interested in using it for games (i.e., not movies), I would advise you to sell the PS3 and get the 360. I own both systems and the only games I can honestly say that, while the PS3 is a competent system (it just won't have the software yet to prove its true capabilities), the 360 is a better all around gaming machine - especially when it comes to online gaming. True, there will be PS3 exclusive games that you'd miss out on (e.g., Heavenly Sword, possibly Metal Gear 4), but those would be offset by games like Halo 3 or Gears of War. I only purchased a PS3 because I wanted to add a relatively inexpensive Blu-Ray player to my home theater rig. To that end, it's great. However, I don't imagine I'll be gaming on it much until some heavy hitting exclusive games come to market.

Good luck in your decision!
Closed Thread General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page