Component Cable extenders - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-20-2006, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
O just got the Wii component cables, but they wonbt reach my TV, or my reciever where I have it positioned. If I buy a few RCA couplers, then another Male to male component cable, will I get any signal degredation. I jsut want to be able to extend the reach of the wii component cables
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-20-2006, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero83
If I buy a few RCA couplers, then another Male to male component cable, will I get any signal degredation
Couplers are always a weak link!

You can get some excellent 25' component/audio cables for about $12 from Monoprice - cheaper than buying couplers, etc.! Monoprice has lengths from 6-50ft.

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance  it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel Boorstin
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
" - MLK

post #3 of 5 Old 12-20-2006, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero83
If I buy a few RCA couplers, then another Male to male component cable, will I get any signal degredation

You can get some excellent 25' component+audio cables for about $12 from Monoprice - cheaper than buying couplers, etc.! Monoprice has lengths from 3-50ft.

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance  it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel Boorstin
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
" - MLK

post #4 of 5 Old 12-21-2006, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavu

You can get some excellent 25' component+audio cables for about $12 from Monoprice - cheaper than buying couplers, etc.! Monoprice has lengths from 3-50ft.
OK, unless I'm missing something, you're telling Zero83 that couplers suck and not to use them, but then basically to buy another set of cables and extend the Wii cables? I'm not seeing any alternative Wii cables on that page.

Zero83, just get a set of couplers for the cable and add on. I can't think of any other option other than chopping the Wii cable ends off soldering/splicing some more lengths on. I think the picture quality will be just fine with couplers. I don't think I'd notice any difference on my 42w2 LCD, and I'm picky enough as it is, especially at only 480p.

Have you checked the other cable brands? I've heard some are longer than the Nintendo branded ones.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

You should be fine with just using regular coax + RCA couplers, unless you have a super long run. You'll even save some money.

Have fun with the WII! My nephews have already finished all of the games they got, LOL!

MY DILEMMA: New car or PJ? New car or PJ? New car or PJ?
Closed Thread General Gaming Help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page