LCD TV Gaming Lag with Current Gen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-29-2006, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I looked at the HDTV Lag thread, and it has me concerned. I own a LAN gaming center, and have been receiving complaints about lag on the 4 LCD TVs from LG that I have for gaming there, especially with fighting games and the like. The lag is with current-gen systems(Gamecube, PS2, Xbox.)

Basically, what can I do/buy to fix this lag? I just want to make a lag free playing environment.

Thanks, and ask any information you need.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-29-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogita
Hi, I looked at the HDTV Lag thread, and it has me concerned. I own a LAN gaming center, and have been receiving complaints about lag on the 4 LCD TVs from LG that I have for gaming there, especially with fighting games and the like. The lag is with current-gen systems(Gamecube, PS2, Xbox.)

Basically, what can I do/buy to fix this lag? I just want to make a lag free playing environment.

Thanks, and ask any information you need.
The FAQ is an exact answer to your question. It explains every possible thing you can do and every possible product to help reduce or eliminate lag. Also, somebody asked this exact question last week, so I posted a summary of the products that will definitely work and their costs.

No offense, but there is really no need for another thread when what you're asking has already been answered multiple times, and on the first page no less!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubarduck
The FAQ lists all products that can help you. You could use Google to find prices, but here are some approximations:

XRGB-2+: ~$200
XRGB-3: ~$300
iScan VP20+ABT102d: $1500
iScan VP30+ABT102d: $1800
iScan VP50: $3000
post #3 of 4 Old 12-29-2006, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry :\\

Just wanted 100% clarification, that if I buy these products, my problem will be fixed. Thanks for the help and FAQ, sorry for the needless thread.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-29-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogita
Sorry :\\

Just wanted 100% clarification, that if I buy these products, my problem will be fixed. Thanks for the help and FAQ, sorry for the needless thread.
There is no 100% because every HDTV is different. The products in the FAQ will output the video signal with zero latency, and after that it's still up to your HDTV to display that signal with no latency. Some Samsung DLPs, for example, apply laggy post-processing to all video inputs no matter what. Therefore, the solutions outlined in the FAQ will help/fix most HDTVs, but make purchases at your own risk.
Closed Thread General Gaming Help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page