Suggestions for a good mail order rental - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My son has used Gamezflix for about 6 months with pretty good luck as far as game titles and turnaround time. However, having some troubles now. Nothing has shipped in about 10 days and the games on his list are high in availabilty. No luck with the morons in customer service.

Wondering if anyone can recommend another rental provider, looking mostly for Wii and DS games with a one out option. Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-02-2007, 11:09 AM

I use Gamefly and have been a user for over a year now with no problems.

They have a multitude of plans and also give pretty good rewards for customers, including coupons and discounts for purchasing their used stock.

I've had one missing game that never made it back to them, but I was not penalized for it and they promptly sent me a replacement game.

Good luck and good gaming
post #3 of 13 Old 02-02-2007, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks -- GamesFly only ships from LA and we are in the Chicago area, so I wonder about the delay in the mail.

post #4 of 13 Old 02-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Unfortunately I live in Los Angeles, so perhaps thats part of the reason why I've had great service.

Perhaps someone can chime in from the east and see what kind of delays they have had with Gamefly.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-03-2007, 11:19 AM

Thanks for the Heads-up about Gamesandflix. My son really wants to join a game rental mailing service, but this is exactly the kind of thing I'm worried about... waiting & waiting for the games to arrive and wasting our time and money.
post #6 of 13 Old 02-05-2007, 08:30 AM

I signed up for gamefly last week, when I saw the ad for the free trial (I think it was either 10 or 14 days?). I signed up on Tuesday, and as of Friday evening, they still hadn't shipped any of the games I have in my GameQ. I'm in Baltimore, and they're in California, so I know shipping will take a while...and if they're going to wait almost a week before even sending out my game, I'm not going to bother. For the $20 a month they charge I'll just go to blockbuster and pick up a game every other week or so.
post #7 of 13 Old 02-05-2007, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

I was trying to get my son away from the BB (another errand stop and I thought a relatively high charge) but it seems like the players in the game (Netflix business model) are rather limited and arent the best run operatinsfrom a customer presceptive.

post #8 of 13 Old 02-07-2007, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I know Blockbuster has a mailing service but I'm not sure if it is just for movies. This will save you from making an errand run. Also if you do want to return it to the store you can. Again I'm not sure if they do games this way.

PSN: Mobius570
XBL: Mobius570
Wii: Some silly number I can't locate
TWW
My Gaming Rig
post #9 of 13 Old 02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Blockbuster has their in-store GamePass. Costs $22 or so a month, 1 out at a time. It may save you a couple of bucks if he likes to rent a lot of different games.

Blockbuster Online's movie plan comes with one free coupon a month, that can be used for games. Again, games are in-store only.
post #10 of 13 Old 02-10-2007, 08:23 PM

Gamefly........I have been a member for about 6 months. First month or 2 I couldn't have asked for a better company, and then reality kicked in. I used to get my games fast, I live in Ohio too, but I started noticing a decrease in turn around time. And then started noticing high demands for every game. Games that were even out a year ago ,and ones I know people don't play anymore. I have 2 friends that I talked into signing up as well because I talked them up so much, and now the same has happened to them. Now they don't even get my games unless I file a missing game report and then miraculously they find it ship me another one. Don't do Gamefly!
post #11 of 13 Old 02-11-2007, 06:58 AM

I am having the same problems with GameznFlix over the past couple months. Everything has a wait on it, and sometimes will go 2 weeks with nothing shipping. I have e-mailed their tech support, and never got more than the standard replies. This service used to be fantastic, I'm not sure what happened. :/
post #12 of 13 Old 02-13-2007, 01:36 PM

That's odd, I've absolutely loved Gameznflix. It probably has to do with the fact that I live right in between two shipping centers (Nevada and Colorado). I usually get stuff quickly and don't have to wait long for specific titles.

Jeff Rivera - Senior Editor - Advanced Media Network
My rants and ramblings - http://stupidgamer.com
post #13 of 13 Old 04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

For gameznflix, the availability/turnaround for movies is ok, the availibility/turnaround for games is awful. The website is slow and couldn't be any less user-friendly. All in all, gameznflix is a very poor service.

However, it is nice having 1 online rental service for both movies and games at a reasonable price.

You just have to decide if the negatives outweigh the positives.
Reply General Gaming Help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page