XBOX 360 via Denon AVR-2807... Help!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

My son is having friends over tonight and wants to hook up his game system (Xbox 360 with HD capability) to my home theater. The Xbox only comes with a blue-green-red Component Video and a yellow-white-red video/audio hookup, with a switch for "TV" or "HDTV".

I have a Samsung DVD & motorola digital cable box connected via HDMI, and the output to the monitor (Panny 50" plasma) is also via HDMI. I also have a compatible Denon iPod dock which is a separate input hookup.

I hooked up the component video to the component video 1 inputs on the Denon, and the red & white audio inputs to the DBS component input on the Denon. I'm getting audio from the xbox through the home theater surround, but can't seem to get the settings to get the video feed. The component input is set on "DBS" in Zone 1 - like I said, audio sounds good, but no video (I also checked the input menu on the monitor screen but I assume that's always HDMI 1, which is the feed from the Denon.

Help!

Thanks very much,

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-07-2007, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I don't know much about that particular receiver, but it sounds like it won't convert a component connection (red, green, blue) over to an HDMI connection. It sounds like you'll need to run a component cable from your receiver to your TV. What's the distance between the two? Unless you have an Xbox 360 that has an HDMI out?

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11

Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page