Wired router for consoles and pc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-05-2008, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After spending time with my family and having everyone surf wirelessly (sic), I want to join the internet age as well . I would like to find a reliable router (gaming router?) that has no issues with PCs, the PS3 and the 360. I have done some preliminary searching on AVS, but understandably most people here want wireless. I live in an apt and I want the highest speed possible, so I would prefer wired.

There is a wide variety of terms and and prices and apparently compatibility problems with certain routers, so I was hoping that someone could offer some advice. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-05-2008, 09:56 PM

This is a site that has quite a few models compared. (Well I can't post URLs yet.) Go to smallnetbuilder dot com and navigate to the "LAN & Router" section, then the "Router Performance Charts" subsection.
Going off of the info there and other reviews a couple of my friends have purchased the D-Link DIR-655. They have only positive things to say about that model router. I plan to purchase the same model when I scratch together the money. The DIR-655 does have wireless, but in my price shopping it is almost the same price as comparable D-Link routers without wireless. Hope this helps in your search.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-06-2008, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. Through more research, I've heard some good things about this router as well. I think I will look at this one.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-10-2008, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

You know even with all the few negative reviews of Netgear's N routers, I have had much success with their support and hardware. My original draft-N gige router did die but Netgear replaced it and it has served my 3 consoles and HTPC quite well plus giving me a good range for B/G/N wireless access.
Reply General Gaming Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page