AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I'll take a stab at it.
1. Yes. If you buy the Elite, it'll come w/ an adapter that allows you to pass audio thru Optical and Video thru HDMI. If you just get the Premium, you'll need to buy the adapter for about $45
3. Not that I know of but HDMI allows 1080p
4. Elite is black, comes w/ HDMI cable and Audio option adapter
5. Elite is a good deal if you require the extra space. 120 gigs are usually for those who download and collect alot of shows/movies/demos/music/etc off Xbox live Marketplace. If not, 20 gigs is sufficient for the occasional demos and rental movies.
6. Pro and Arcade both come w/ HDMI option.
7. Elite comes w/ HDMI cable and their 1.2. No plans for 1.3 yet.
8. Any HDMI cables will do. Not the same for component though.
9. Look at #5
10. No one really knows for sure about the RRoD but the newer Falcon chip systems supposely have less of a chance for RRoD. Reguardless, Microsoft will repair it for you free of charge for up to 3 years if you ever encounter the RRoD.
11. Halo edition comes in the ugly green, $50 more, and doesn't come w/ Forza2/Marvel UA.
12. Yes but you can't transfer the music.
13. No cooling fans
14. You can purchase points by point cards or thru XBL marketplace. They are $20 for 1600 points. Arcade games are 400/800 points ($5,$10). Movies and shows are anywhere from 160 for standard definition and up to 480 for high definition.
15. You get 1 month of Gold for free. Then its $50 a year. Silver is free.
17. Gold lets you play online with other people and you get some demos earlier.
18. Cheapest to buy XBL is thru Amazon right now of Buy.com if you haven't used your google checkout.
19. Like everything in this world, its always a better deal if you buy more.
20. You get it sooner.
22. Rechargeable battery packs, Remote, possibly the HD DVD addon if the price drops, and whatever game peripherals you'll like.
23. The new xboxes have quieter drives.
24. Yes it plays 1080p
25. You can rest it flat or stand it up, just don't move it when the drive is spinning .
26. Xbox live is up and running, the problems should be fixed, you can always check the status at xbox.com
27. Nothing new planned. Get it now.
28. You need to purchase a HD DVD addon to play HD DVDs.
29. Simply put, if you wanna play the best games get a Xbox 360. But if you want an all in one media box, get a PS3.
Hope that helps, if you need more info, everything you need is right in that search bar and at xbox.com