PS3, Yamaha RX-V661 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-09-2008, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a PS3 hooked up to my Yamaha RX-V661 receiver via HDMI, to my Gateway FHD2400 (had an Insignia 26" LCD TV with the same issues). However, after about 30 seconds (usually right after starting a game, using the menus and playing videos does not seem to induce this) the receiver will flicker the audio inputs, and the screen will subsequently flicker. This happens about 2-5 times in the span of about 10 seconds, and then the receiver ceases to output any audio or video.

I have reset the PS3 (via rear-switch + hold power button), the receiver (per the manual), and the monitor (via the OSD) to make sure I didn't have any strange settings that borked things.

I have tried setting the PS3 to 1080p, 720p, and 480p by disabling higher resolutions, in addition to setting the PS3 audio output to HDMI (auto), HDMI (manual; 2ch audio only), Optical (2ch audio only-not actually hooked up), and S-Cart (once again, not really hooked up). The problem persists with any combination of these issues. I have also tried using a DVI->HDMI cable to hook the receiver up to the DVI port of the Gateway, to no avail (I get no display at all).

When going directly from the PS3 to either screen, there are no hitches (other than being limited to 2CH audio (or none in the case of the Gateway)). Everything works fine at all resolutions.

However, using a DVI->HDMI cable and a miniTOSlink->tosLink cable, I can hook my Macbook up through the receiver and play 1080p with Dolby 5.1 all day long and not suffer a single hitch. (Macbook --> DVI/HDMI and Optical --> Receiver --> HDMI video --> Display).

I am at the point where I don't know what to do. The PS3 is my roommate's, and the receiver (and screen) is mine. I do not have any other HDMI sources to test from (aside from the DVI->HDMI). I am not sure whether to send the PS3 or the Receiver to the manufacturer for service. Any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-02-2008, 09:31 PM

Any fix on the above? I am having the exact same thing and have tried everything you have tried.

I do use HDMI cables fully no DVI and there are times where I can watch a 2 hour movie with no problem, I have absolutely no clue how to fix this.

Someone help!
post #3 of 3 Old 01-25-2009, 06:11 AM

I exactly have the same flicker problem with RX-V861 and PS3. It's connected to a Panasonic projector. Everything goes well when I connect PS3 directly to the projector.

Did you solved the problem ?
Reply General Gaming Help

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page