AVS Forum banner

Wii deals thread

72K views 481 replies 74 participants last post by  voodoozen 
#1 ·
I figure since many Wii owners are probably budget conscious, and Amazon, etc. has been doing a lot of deals on Wii games as late, it'd be handy to have a thread here where we can all notify each other of good bargain finds. Thanks to any contributors.

I'm not sure if this kind of thread is against the rules, but if it is, someone let me know and I will delete it. Delete the crap out of it.

No More Heroes $30 shipped

Okami $37 shipped

Madden NFL 08 $30 shipped

#277 ·
I agree, but certain games I just HAVE to have the exact day they come out, or even a bit earlier thanks to a broken street date. That's the one instance where I will diverge from my usual online-bargain-hunting ways. Plus Amazon charges tax in NY, which dulls the appeal somewhat.

#279 ·
Well as far as selection for the buy 2 get 1 free I see they do have the beatles game and metroid prime trilogy which were 2 of the 3 I want. I also wanted wii sports resort though, which apparently isn't a chocie. I see other games there I would maybe want, but they are cheap games so it would be a lame free game.

#281 ·
Now thru Oct 31st, on select games (see link below), if you buy at least two (total must be $80 or more and must be sold by amazon.com) you get a $40 credit on a future video game purchase. The $40 credit must be used by Dec 31st, 2009. There are 273 eligible Wii games on this list...at least the first 3-4 pages of games seem pretty decent to me. 75 were released in the last 90 days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B000XJNTNS

Considering you get free shipping and amazon prices are usually less than full retail, this is a better deal than the typical Toys R Us Buy 2 Get 1 Free promotion. You don't have to worry about buying 3 games that are all the same price, either. Mix and match, as you see fit, to hit the $80 total.

Also, and this may be a big bonus for those who have multiple consoles, I don't see any restriction on buying 1 Wii game and 1 PS3, then using the $40 credit on an XBox360 game (for example). I'm not sure Toys R Us allows this kind of thing when they run their special. I know for a fact, TRU would not allow mix and match between wiimotes and games. Someone was trying to buy two games and get a wiimote as their third free item and they were not allowed. It had to be buy 2 wiimotes, get a 3rd wiimote free or buy 2 games, get a 3rd game free.

Edit: I'm looking at Zelda: Twilight Princess, Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones ($80.97 total). I'm wondering if the Lego games are really just for kids or if adults have fun playing these, too. I'm new to Wii, so I have no idea really.

#282 ·
Today is Wii deals day on Amazon. Looks like the Gold Box and Lightning deals are full of bargains for Wii owners.

#283 ·
Target is running a buy 2 get 1 free on Wii games thru 11/7/09. In store only, IIRC.

#284 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 /forum/post/17461394

Target is running a buy 2 get 1 free on Wii games thru 11/7/09. In store only, IIRC.

Yes, it is in-store only (quantities limited, no rain checks). I'm not seeing a lot to choose from, though. It says there are over 80 that qualify for the deal, although finding the complete list looks like a challenge in itself.

#285 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownGuy /forum/post/17461892

Yes, it is in-store only (quantities limited, no rain checks). I'm not seeing a lot to choose from, though. It says there are over 80 that qualify for the deal, although finding the complete list looks like a challenge in itself.

It wouldn't surprise me if the "80 titles" in this offer are possibly the 80 $49.99 or less Wii disc SKUs Target normally stocks. Don't think I have ever seen 80 different Wii game titles (or any system's titles) in stock @ a Target all at once.

Just a guess.

#290 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunction26 /forum/post/17511009

Hopefully it is a DS Lite for $100 or less.

That would be nice, as GH5 & Band Hero have me thinking I need a DS (in addition to all the other cool DS titles out there)

#292 ·
J&R has a 16GB SDHC memory card on sale for $19.99 (+$2.95 shipping):

http://www.jr.com/lexar-media/pe/LXR_LSD16GBSBNA/

They are temporarily out of stock, but you can order them now at this price for future shipment. The sale is good thru Sunday.

Would this be a good purchase for a Wii?

Edit: That was quick. The link above no longer takes you to the product details page. You just get a listing of all other available memory cards in stock. I've ordered from J&R in the past (good experiences, by the way) and this usually means the item is sold out. Sometimes temporarily, sometimes permanently.

#293 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownGuy /forum/post/17520155

J&R has a 16GB SDHC memory card on sale for $19.99 (+$2.95 shipping):

http://www.jr.com/lexar-media/pe/LXR_LSD16GBSBNA/

They are temporarily out of stock, but you can order them now at this price for future shipment. The sale is good thru Sunday.

Would this be a good purchase for a Wii?

Certainly!!

Keep in mind that one of the biggest needs for a large SD card for Wii is for music game DLC storage. This card WILL NOT work w/ Rock Band 2 (built before Wii Update 4.0 - stuck w/ the old 2GB SD limit). The list of other Wii titles that won't work w/ a SDHC card is small, but FYI - SSBB, Excitetrucks, Samba DeAmigo (?) will be limited to 2GB non-SDHC or smaller cards.

Every DLC-using music game developed post - 4.0 (The Beatles RB, Guitar Hero 5, Band Hero, DJ Hero) will work w/ this card, as well as all WiiWare/Virtual Console stuff & any ohter future Wii release that accesses the SD card slot at all.

I'm using an 8GB now for GH5/BandHero/Beatles stuff - think I paid about as much as this deal for that card.

#294 ·
Great... wish that sale was a couple weeks ago before I wasted almost $50 on one just to get it quickest. Sigh.

#295 ·
For those looking into getting Band Hero, Costco is selling the Wii disc for $44.75.

Apparently they either got a smokin' deal on this one, or someone @ Costco HQ forgot to check & see that BH is a $60 game for Wii (Costco is pricing it as they do $50 games)

#296 ·
Wow I didn't know it was supposed to be $60 or I wouldn't have even been considering it. I figured it was $50.

#297 ·

Quote:
$50 Amazon.com Gift Card with a Wii Console and "Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board"

Pad your holiday spending budget with a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card when you purchase a Wii console along with "Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board." Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to qualify. Limit one benefit per customer per household. Restrictions apply.

Offer valid on Nov. 16, 2009, 12:01 AM - Nov. 22 11:59 PM Pacific time, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per customer. To qualify, check out with all three of the items below in your cart. The price of the gift card will be discounted during check out.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B0009VXBAQ

This makes the bundle $239.98 (about $30 less than I paid).

#300 ·
It looks like HH Gregg will have the Wii on Black Friday for $169.99 after a $30.00 MIR. It'll cost you the same out of the door, but you can recoup some cash provided you remember to submit a fully completed rebate form.

#301 ·
Me and my dad recently went to a HH Gregg which was where circuit city used to be and it was just like it. Is it simply CC renamed? lol Actually though CC iss till in business online too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.